Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Share Your Favorite ccM Track, Earn $5 for our Fundraiser

Share Your Favorite ccM Track, Earn $5 for our Fundraiser

admin
permalink   Sat, Oct 18, 2014 @ 4:46 PM
Post a Song Favorite Here, Boost our Fundraiser

Share a favorite ccMixter track with us by pasting the songpage URL in this forum thread - and write a bit about why you love it.

Our anonymous donor will give $5 to ccMixter for every favorite shared!

We know, it’s impossible to pick just one with thousands of incredible tracks here at ccMixter. So, post up to three!

Together we’ll create a Community Favorites playlist to share with our listeners - on our blogs, in upcoming podcasts, and future ccMixter albums.

Thank you for being part of ccMixter, and for your incredible support of our fundraiser so far. Read about simple, other ways you can help HERE.
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Sat, Oct 18, 2014 @ 5:07 PM
my first ever “favorite” ccM track was ”U Teru S. Birth of Souls” produced by Loveshadow feat Teru and the beautiful vocals of C. Layne. i remember it being uploaded in the first secret-mixter i ever participated in, back in 2009.

http://ccmixter.org/files/Loveshadow/23570

this track is still my “go-to” whenever i first share ccMixter with someone new.

whenever i listen to this song, it has a calming, and yet intoxicating impact on my inner state. there’s an aspect that reminds me of Roxy Music, i suppose, but mainly, i am moved by something i can’t fully describe.

permalink   short hopper Sat, Oct 18, 2014 @ 7:19 PM
Quote: snowflake
it has a calming, and yet intoxicating impact on my inner state…mainly, i am moved by something i can’t fully describe.

You beat me to it for this one. I was going through a very rough life transition when Loveshadow debuted this song. I must have replayed 20-30 times in a few days time. Each new listen provided an inexplicable “calming, and yet intoxicating impact on my inner state.” Thank you Snowflake for putting this into words, and thank you Loveshadow for such an inspiring song.

permalink   Snowflake Sat, Oct 18, 2014 @ 10:32 PM
strange, that you experienced a similar impact from this song. i, too, replayed it over and over again, and when i first heard it was the beginning of a very difficult time.

what a gift music is. to heal and calm the Soul.

thank you for sharing your story. truly.
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Sat, Oct 18, 2014 @ 6:46 PM
I have many, many, many favorite ccM tracks and there are favorites at different times for different reasons.

Under the Velveteen Sky by Ivan Chew is one of my favorites though for its simple direct beauty. It was done as a virtual collaboration with Colab and Narva 9 — spanning geographic and sonic space with delicate tones that evoke wistful dreaming and deep feeling.

permalink   Snowflake Sat, Oct 18, 2014 @ 10:36 PM
somehow i’ve never heard this track. it is absolutely breathtaking. could be the closing credits of a deep, moving film. thanks for sharing.

permalink   Ivan Chew Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 12:02 AM
Quote: SackJo22It was done as a virtual collaboration with Colab and Narva 9…
Not to forget, Teru! (ah, I miss all 3 of them)

permalink   SackJo22 Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 12:04 AM
Yes — not to forget Teru! Interesting that both Snowflake and my choices include Teru… .
debbizo
permalink   Sat, Oct 18, 2014 @ 7:17 PM
One of my all time favourites is ‘ Test Drive’ by Zapac with it’s energetic blend of electric guitars, brass and bass.
timberman
permalink   Sat, Oct 18, 2014 @ 10:56 PM
I think Speck is an artist with a unique and personal expression.
It’s hard to pick just one track from his brilliant and extensive catalogue but if I have to, it would be this feverish and intense track featuring vocals by Ciggi Burns and myself as it’s always a privilege to be included in his sonic world.
Ivan Chew
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 12:23 AM
1. Piano(3/4) by colab
This was one of the first samples I encountered in ccM when I first joined the community. It evoked the same feelings as when I heard it then: sophisticated in simplicity; hauntingly beautiful.

2. Fav Foto by copperhead
I consider this my pick-me-up song. So much that I like about it: the 80s/ 90s Big Hair guitar rock band sound; the uplifting vocals; the clever mix and professional mastering. Listening to it reminds me that there’s always a better tomorrow.

3. My Dream of Flight by wellman
The track was like listening to bits of (let’s see) Enya and Enigma, with a little dash of Roxette and Giorgo Moroder for flavour.
stellarartwars
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 1:37 AM
The favourite I’ve come across here so far has to bi Zep Hurmes version’s of CiggiBurns’ Canary Wharf- I’ve done some mixes of that involving both their work, but his original is likely the best of the lot.
timberman
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 2:22 AM
Here’s my number two. From a not very prolific producer, who flew in under radar and surprised with an amazing vocal, recorded with an iPod and a personal song deeply rooted in the classic late 60’s west coast sound of The Band, CSNY or even George Harrison.
Loveshadow
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 2:28 AM
It’s no secret I am a major fan of Cameron Lasswell. His skill as a musician and producer first came to me back when I first heard a track of his on the now defunct Realworld site and it’s an association that has lasted over years and moved from the virtual to the actual real world so for that fact alone music really does connect us.

Only the other day I commented on one of my tracks about the sensitivity someone should have when remixing a vocal . Unlike an inanimate drum beat or keyboard sample, a vocal is made by a human and so carries with it all the care you should give to a close friend as the final result is very personal to the original singer.

Lasswell does what I do try to do and that’s work the vocal into a song that has total respect for the vocalist and if possible elevate the lyrics.

That often means making choices in your musical pattern and arrangement that reflects the sentimate of the words and there is no better example of that than Lasswells Skyline Mix.

It carries all of his massive ability as a musician to here arrange for an orchestra and skillfully support Shannons soul searching lyric. The middle eighth descends into a `Bondesque’ chord sequence the oozes with luxury and the track will remain for me ,a shining example of what can be achieved by one person in a home studio. It’s a lesson in musical prowess respect and restraint.
urmymuse
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 2:43 AM
Very easy first choice for me. Joe where ever you are now the monkey brains are on me http://ccmixter.org/files/F...

permalink   Kara Square Thu, Oct 23, 2014 @ 11:40 AM
I made my picks before reading everyone’s… we picked the same one from Joe! ((Hug.))
spinmeister
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 3:19 AM
Loveshadow’s treatment of a Kristin Hersh pell: Mississippi (The Phoenix Mix). The lushness. The warm plucked sound playing melodic theme loop. The driving beat. The gentle mixing in of a wild guitar solo. Not just one of my ccM favorites, but one of my favorite pieces of music. Ever. Anywhere.

And then just for good measure, Loveshadow steps to the microphone, leaving the chair at the producer’s desk to Lasswell, who’s promptly turning in an epic Fireside Mix. The opening sentence of his description reads “Nothing fancy here.” That may be the single biggest untruth on all of ccMixter.org! :-) There’s incredible detail in the arrangement, the piano chording, the strings, the vocal fx, the wind. Amazing.
urmymuse
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 3:19 AM
For my second track, a very personal choice. Sometime in early spring 2009 I googled to see if any one had used a couple of posts I had made on freesound. This came up. http://ccmixter.org/files/f... This is how I discovered ccMixter :) happy days. Thanks to frompast0 (or Csoul as he is now known, one of my favourite mixters.)The track features the vocals of Kaer Trouz, one of the most of the original voices on the site and one who haven’t really done a half decent remix of myself (even in my own definition of half decent ha ha ) I will keep trying.
urmymuse
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 3:31 AM
And finally … http://ccmixter.org/files/o... oldDog’s classic mix of Lisa DB’s “Sleep Lightly”. I have remixed all of Lisa’s vocals and wait in quiet anticipation for the day when she might post another.

permalink   Admiral Bob Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 11:05 AM
I think Lisa kind of switched gears to live performance… which is too bad for those of us who remix. :)
Doxent Zsigmond
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 6:53 AM
_ghost’s Lullaby. The song that brought me here thanks I found Crayon Physics Deluxe game first.
Nothing can surpass the beauty of that epic composition.
Probably I wouldn’t even be here with us.
http://ccmixter.org/files/_...

The other one is Heart On Redial by Loveshadow. Very beautiful song that touches deeply.
http://ccmixter.org/files/l...

If not _ghost I wouldn’t find such a great talent Loveshadow. I found a lot of other great songs here. But those 2 are the most important for me.
timberman
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 7:11 AM
My final third choice would be this track by Robert Warrington featuring SackJo22 and a bunch of others.
magmavander
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 8:39 AM
I have always been amazed by the talent of colab. I like his music writing skill and the wonderful arrangements he create for his work.
Paradoxically, my choice is “ Hypothetically” which is very simple : a piano and a vocal. The piano is awesome, reminds me the song “Weather storm” from Craig Armstrong’s album “Piano works”. Just Magic!!
copperhead
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 8:56 AM
The first one is real easy for me. When Sackjo22 invited me to CCmixter, I listened to her remixes a few times and One for Me always did it for me.

http://ccmixter.org/files/S...
Zep Hurme
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 9:29 AM
So many great songs to choose like Loveshadow’s If You Wait (Anahitas Promise), but I think the song that made the most impact was VickyDan’s Start Each Day with Love which is my pick for this list. I really don’t want to analyze it - I just let it flow through me. The arrangement gently touches something inside me. There’s something Björk-ish about it.
Loveshadow
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 10:45 AM
It’s inevitable that some of my favourite tracks will be my Ed Picks and one of the reasons CC works so well is that even I hear a pell and have no idea how to deal with it .

Then someone comes along and just takes it to another place and from then on then I am intimidated to even touch it. So when Nethis worked with Sackjo22s vocal Where did the Silence Go and dropped it into this Celtic background dramatically it all made sense.

Additionally Nethis then gave us all the individual stems to this track to work with. No other remix site on the planet does this.
Admiral Bob
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 10:51 AM
I hereby warrant that this is the best remix ever submitted to ccMixter,org. :P

http://ccmixter.org/files/o...

This is Old Dog’s remix of Lisa Benedictus’ “Sleep Lightly.”

It is really an incredible piece, as the music is drenched in romantic touches, like an old Roxy Music song, and yet the lyric is about frantic flight from a pursuer (or paranoia about it.)

This kind of counter-intuitive colouring adds real poignancy to the lyric; Of all music I’ve ever heard attempt this, perhaps Sarah McLachlan’s “Possession” is the only other track that so deftly achieves it.

There’s a delicacy and haunting tone to “Sleep Lightly” such that it is never is far from my mind. I will always aspired to do something as lovely as it, and this song sets a very high bar indeed.
Admiral Bob
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 10:56 AM
Another favourite of mine, from “Freedom to Share”

“O Come Thee Down” by SackJo22 remixing Jacindae. I don’t need to explain why it is so good - just listen.
Admiral Bob
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 11:02 AM
One last one, also by SackJo22

Tell me any longtime musician who can’t relate to this? Painful and entertaining all at once, and I hang on every note and word… this one succeeded for me because there’s not a throw-away note or word in this, despite the fact that it sounds like a crazy jam.
Loveshadow
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 11:12 AM
I could fave every mix Sleeperspaceborn has done.

5 out of his 6 six uploads were Ed Picked and here’s the one he made featuring Songboy. No one had dared to do this to a soul vocal but Sleeper did and blew it off the scale. I am pleased to say I know where he is ( some of the time ) but I wish he was here on CC Mixter more :-)
Loveshadow
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 11:42 AM
Too many really on here on CC Mixter to single out but just to prove I am not all pop and rock is this haunting piece with Anchor Mejans.

It’s crafted by Geert Venclass and is called Suitcase. There is something in the pathos of Anchors voice that is echoed in the musical close that has some kind of unexplainable visual quality like it’s the final scene of some obscure European Noire film from the 50s.

permalink   Geert Veneklaas Tue, Oct 28, 2014 @ 5:30 PM
Thank you Jeff! It was one of my first tracks here and I often use it as an example for co-creation under CC-licensing. It was a poem (by Emily Jane Carmen) narrated by Anchor, merged and arranged by me (with some other valuable ccM-stems), and above all, Anchor made a cool video for the track. For me, this track opened my eyes regarding Creative Commons and worldwide sharing and cooperation in general. Thanks for reminding me!

permalink   Anchor Mon, Nov 24, 2014 @ 9:11 AM
Quote: Geert VeneklaasThank you Jeff! It was one of my first tracks here and I often use it as an example for co-creation under CC-licensing. It was a poem (by Emily Jane Carmen) narrated by Anchor, merged and arranged by me (with some other valuable ccM-stems), and above all, Anchor made a cool video for the track. For me, this track opened my eyes regarding Creative Commons and worldwide sharing and cooperation in general. Thanks for reminding me!

One of my favorite spoken-word pieces as well - and a honor to be a part of … Thanks to All !
Calling Sister Midnight
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 12:14 PM
Though I could make playlists upon playlists of favorites here at ccmixter, I would have to say the two songs that have received the most plays from me (and at high, air-punishing volumes) are ”D.E.E.P. I.N. Y.A.S.E.L.F. (Down By Law Mix)” and ”Bogi Beat Budapest.” They answer some deep craving in my nostalgia of an imagined past life as a Tarot-card reader in a long-traveled Romani caravan.
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 3:38 PM
My #2, going a completely different direction, is L.T.H. by Alex Beroza with Mikey Burnz on the vox. I play this track VERY LOUDLY while driving, so I can scream-sing along without hearing myself. Alex’s production skills are mad and Mikey speaks to a subject that admittedly I am fond of. This is a hip-hhop pop-song with punch and a bit of rebellion.
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 4:09 PM
I have so many favorites that I imagine this is how I would feel if the Genie told me I only had three wishes!

My favorites would have to include something by Jeris whose musical sensibilities and sensitivities resonate with me in a unique way. I could pick any one of his tracks, but his remix/duet with Kaer Trouz, I am a Stone is one of those songs the hits me deep in my gut far enough so that my heart aches not just because of what is sad about this song, but more so because of what is beautiful about this song. To me, it is mystical.

permalink   SackJo22 Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 4:18 PM
and the Community Playlist so far is KILLER!
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 5:39 PM
My #3 evolves around Trifonic’s pell Broken with Amelia June. I first found this haunting pell through Lasswell’s mix which is still my 14 year-old’s all-time favorite track on ccMixter (I couldn’t find it today?). I personally love many of the remixes of this pell, but it is Durden’s Broken that really pulls at my soul-strings the most. Perhaps it is the wide range of dynamics or that crying guitar that breaks my heart-open.

permalink   admin Sun, Oct 19, 2014 @ 10:12 PM
$155 has been donated to ccMixter for the 31 community favorites shared so far. we are grateful. we also acknowledge, this music is, well, priceless.

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Oct 20, 2014 @ 9:27 AM
Lasswell reposted it! I stand corrected - Lasswell’s remix is of Trifonic’s Lies, not Broken. I seem to always get those two pells confused.
essesq
permalink   Mon, Oct 20, 2014 @ 7:34 AM
My first pick is this amazing dance track by the (imho) undisputed king of the dance floor, George Ellinas: Beginnings and Endings (GE Feel for More mix). I’ve been listening to and marveling at George’s music for over 7 years now. Apart from the sheer energy of it, it is so well constructed, so expertly placed in space, it blows the mind.

I was thrilled that my poem got picked up and put into this mix. It is a very good example of one of the things I love about this site. First off, I came to the site as a remixer of other people’s samples. I was about music production, but at some point thought about posting poetry I’d written but I was going to look for someone else to read it. It was suggested to me that I might as well read it myself, so I did. Beginnings and Endings was the first poem I posted. It was remixed quite a few times, but never did it turn me overnight from a plodding poet to a dance floor diva like this mix did.

permalink   Loveshadow Mon, Oct 20, 2014 @ 10:14 AM
Great choice I would have added him and your mix to my list but limited to three ( although I did 4 don’t tell anyone ).

It also highlights yet another international musical relationship that again would not have happened on any other site. :-)

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Oct 20, 2014 @ 10:18 AM
I noticed you did four LS — and I’ve been thinking, well that means I can do four, right? Honestly, I think we could each do five and no harm done. LOL.

permalink   Loveshadow Tue, Oct 21, 2014 @ 3:45 AM
I also, till I just listened again, well it is 6 years old ,forgot I was in it LOL !

permalink   essesq Tue, Oct 21, 2014 @ 5:12 AM
Me too :-).
Clarence Simpson
permalink   Mon, Oct 20, 2014 @ 10:24 AM
Picking a top 3 is pretty tough. Thankfully, a few of my candidates had already been chosen by others, so I’m focusing on songs that haven’t been mentioned yet.

These were a few of my editor picks some time ago, and even with the distance of time I still adore these songs. Each is very different, but all three of them hit me right in the feels in a way that only great music can.

1) Lazarus by Jeris (ft. Suzi Q. Smith and mykleanthony) - Jeris delivers a simple yet smooth neo-soul groove that serves as an evocative backdrop to Suzi Q. Smith’s powerful tale of one woman’s emotional struggle with her man’s lifestyle.

2) White in the Moon by Geert Veneklaas (ft. Anchor Mejans) - Taking inspiration from Anchor Mejans, Geert Veneklaas has crafted a cinematic experience with his virtual orchestra that is both gentle and majestic. This one is sure to give you chills.

3) Don’tGetTwisted(mix) by @nop (ft. Doxent Zsigmond and texasradiofish) - @nop has sliced and diced texasradiofish’s original track and served up a generous helping of new crime jazz, complete with smoky saxophone wailing in the background.

permalink   Geert Veneklaas Tue, Oct 28, 2014 @ 5:40 PM
Thanks Clarence, I’m so proud and happy you ed-picked this one at the time. *grateful*

permalink   Anchor Mon, Nov 24, 2014 @ 9:15 AM
Clarence!Thank You. White in the Moon - one of my favorite poem/lyrics and Geert is truly astonishing…
muchly appreciated your notice of this collaboration.
Anchor
permalink   Mon, Oct 20, 2014 @ 4:27 PM
This is nearly impossible - I have so many faves on my Ipod from ccmixter denizens !

I always love female vocals -
many early Kaer Trouz submissions… and Sack Jo - her song ”The Quiet Hours” - I love - the mood and the lyrics.
I am a big fan of Onlymeith - songs like ”Within a dream”.
Always enjoy Per Timberman - ”On Lake Shipp” as an example …..but as stated - its really too difficult to hone in on just a few of the many gifted talents here!
admin
permalink   Mon, Oct 20, 2014 @ 10:42 PM
The Community Favorites playlist sounds fantastic so far!

Please remember to share a link to your choices so that we can add your favorites to the playlist. This is how our anonymous donor knows what the favorites are too.

Thanks.
texasradiofish
permalink   Tue, Oct 21, 2014 @ 5:20 AM
Went looking for my favorite remix Color of Blue by Sacjko22. Discovered it was not posted. Ratz!

Another favorite is Loveshadow’s If You Wait (Anahitas Promise)

permalink   SackJo22 Tue, Oct 21, 2014 @ 9:57 AM
I re-published Color of Blue. (Although it could really use some production polish.)

permalink   texasradiofish Tue, Oct 21, 2014 @ 2:51 PM
Having trouble with the link

permalink   SackJo22 Wed, Oct 22, 2014 @ 10:44 AM
My Free Mickey
permalink   Tue, Oct 21, 2014 @ 8:19 AM
This is my list of favorites
1) This is the age of cocaine by Stellartwars
Because the lyrics rocks and made me smile a lot. And I like the sinister tone and the sarcasm.
2) say goodbye by snowflake
Because it’s a very powerfull track. And I like the frustrated tone in snowflake her voice.
3) To be sensitive by Kara Square
Because this one really touched my soul :-)
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Tue, Oct 21, 2014 @ 9:55 AM
Are we seriously limited to just 3 favorites?

In the Garden by Fourstones featuring the voice of Songboy3 with some gorgeous source from Briarues and others has made its way to a number of my playlists, here as well as in settings outside of ccMixter because this song simply resonates with me.

Frank’s voice is like no one else’s — its richness, warmth, timbre. Fourstones sets up this hymn among exotic sounds and a snappy snare so that the feeling marches its way in ever so softly.
Javolenus
permalink   Tue, Oct 21, 2014 @ 2:40 PM
This one was good … “WinterSunlight” by “Airtone”: http://ccmixter.org/files/a...
Javolenus
permalink   Tue, Oct 21, 2014 @ 2:44 PM
And this one by karstenholymoly — “Auto Motor Sport”:
http://ccmixter.org/files/K...
Javolenus
permalink   Tue, Oct 21, 2014 @ 3:00 PM
Another fave was “Maelstrom” by Jeris:
http://ccmixter.org/files/V...
@nop
permalink   Tue, Oct 21, 2014 @ 3:39 PM
It was hard for me to select only three favs.
But here we go.

1) Ice and Chilli by _ghost
Just constructed with a variety of samples made by others.
So beautiful.
2) Cuts on Me by texasradiofish
His tunes always make people to move or dance.
This does ,too.
3) Aliens by timberman
This simple sound attract me much. His magic.
victor
permalink   Wed, Oct 22, 2014 @ 12:10 AM
Um this.
texasradiofish
permalink   Wed, Oct 22, 2014 @ 11:15 AM
Okay, my favorite songs is available, Color of Blue by SackJo22

Get ya some today
Jeris
permalink   Wed, Oct 22, 2014 @ 3:10 PM
Ok Top 3…I think.

1. don’t you run (jazz mix) by oldDog
I love the song and vocal performance from Calling Sister Midnight, and my favorite sound is a piano and upright. This composition is as perfect as it gets for me.

2. Achilles by Admiral Bob
Just for sheer soul…I just feel it.

3. Dance the Waltz to Share by rocavaco
Discovered this one during one of the secret mixter events and I’ve loved it ever since.

permalink   Clarence Simpson Thu, Oct 23, 2014 @ 7:39 AM
I was so close to putting “don’t you run” on my list. Glad someone else did.
victor
permalink   Wed, Oct 22, 2014 @ 5:09 PM
Number 2 is “ Hip Hop Holiday

permalink   victor Wed, Oct 22, 2014 @ 5:13 PM
and #3 is the perfect all time chill track “ One Moment

I will never get tired of listening to this and the other 2 tracks. Ever.
Kara Square
permalink   Thu, Oct 23, 2014 @ 11:35 AM
I’ve been dragging my feet because this is impossibly hard! :) So I decided to pick songs that have stayed in my memory… okay… let’s do this!

Expiration Date” by unreal_dm featuring Fireproof Babies – This one makes me think of The Smiths and it’s one of my favorite things written by Joe. Extremely tragic in so many ways, but I believe in remembering and feeling.

When They Tell You Not to Sing” by onlymeith featuring Suzi Q. Smith and reusenoise – It gives me goosebumps. Every. Single. Time. I listen.

If this one doesn’t make you smile, well… I’d be surprised… “ Manoop-mah-namana” by Colab featuring Javolenus and The boy-child (Colab Jr.)
Attic Ella
permalink   Thu, Oct 23, 2014 @ 12:44 PM
Quarkstar
Doxent
Martijn

Why do I like these? Because I feel the urge to listen to them again. Plain and simple. They are just good to me. It is a difficult decision to pick just three songs out of the wealth at ccM but finally I managed.
Hans Atom
permalink   Fri, Oct 24, 2014 @ 12:42 AM
My favorite:

Truth and Fact

I love that one so much. And then was this unforgettable mix of Morusque. And of course DoKashiteru. This one. And many, many more!!!
airtone
permalink   Sat, Oct 25, 2014 @ 7:51 AM
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Sat, Oct 25, 2014 @ 1:15 PM
Thank you to everyone who has shared a favorite track so far! I love hearing your selections and I love being able to share the music we make at ccMixter with others.

I will be playing community favorite tracks tomorrow, Oct 26, as part of the ccMixter live stream cast on Ryno the Bearded. I’m trying to include at least one of everyone’s favorites listed here on the playlist I’m sharing with Ryno for the show. While I don’t know if I will have time to play everyone’s track during my segment, all of our favorites will be included in Ryno’s library of ccMixter music.

If you want to listen to the live stream, just make your way to Ryno the Bearded. You can join the chat — and tell us more about your favorite tracks. I’m also happy to take requests during the live cast.
rocavaco
permalink   Sun, Oct 26, 2014 @ 12:12 PM
Top 3 - difficult to choose - well let’s try…

1. Pushin’ Daisies by Jeris
I love music which forces me to active listen and that has not the usual radio hit sound. Jeris is singing “Pushin’ Daisies” with unique voice and harmonies. Has full attention and easy listening at the same time. The remix I did with the voice is one of my most clicked tracks on soundcloud. Thank you, Jeris!

1. Novita by Hektor Thillet alias COFFEE EUROPE
This is an excellent example for mixing seemingly unsuitable samples from different genres into a wonderful new composition. Featuring the Bulgarian dentist Dr. Emiliyan Stankov singing Puccini’s famous aria Nessun Dorma. Music connects us!

1. Transitional Moment by Scott Altham
While mixing one has to calibrate his ears with a pro production. “Transitional Moment” is an extraordinary clear and well produced track. I use it since 2010 as a reference track when mixing downtempo electronic productions.
J.Lang
permalink   Mon, Oct 27, 2014 @ 1:47 PM
My 3 Favorite song on ccMixter
#1 http://ccmixter.org/files/a... Air tone’s H2o Instrumental

#2 http://ccmixter.org/files/L...
LoveShadow Rain, Above the Karman line

It was 1972 by Lasswell

All very good for the soul.
unreal_dm
permalink   Fri, Oct 31, 2014 @ 6:51 AM
In no particular order.

Snowflake Dream

http://ccmixter.org/files/s...

Copperhead Yesterdays News

http://ccmixter.org/files/c...

texasradiofish Pirate Love

http://ccmixter.org/files/t...
Carosone
permalink   Sun, Nov 2, 2014 @ 3:15 AM
It’s difficult to select only three of them, we should have more! Anyway..

My first favourite was the enchanting Waves of grace by Scott Altham with the young voice by Jen Someone. It has a solar innocent joy within, which is something I have inside now and I have been looking for since ages.

A part of me is a little odd, that resembles the wonderful Speck’s Song of old, with the help of Narva9 and Revlin. Speck can be way more odd than that, so I like the equilibrium that he reached in this one.

Finally I would remember a newer remixer, Zep Hurme, with his magnificent River, featuring vocals from Susannah Kelly. The gaelic virginal pella is, by genius, contrasted by a tuff hard rock rythm and then computer-transfomed in high overtones. The surprise I had from these touches reminded me the same wonder I felt listening to some Mozart pieces.
musikpirat
permalink   Wed, Nov 12, 2014 @ 10:23 PM
Picking a favourite track from ccmixter is like picking a favourite piece of fruit out of a bowle of fruit salad. It the bowle that counts and not a single piece of apple, banane or orange. And even those evil raisins would be missing if they did.

I decided to pick this ones:

Brad Sucks - Dirtbag (Blackberry’s Dirtbeat Remix) One of the first tracks I heard at ccmixter and definitivly one that made me stay here.

Yesterday’s News by Scomber inspired me so much that I had to create a video for the song. I also use this song as an example for the massive ammount of creativity and collaboration that exists at ccmixter.

MindMapThat - Shape Shifting Aliens - willdeop remix Last but not least a song from my last DJ Set. I love the combination of the hypnotic beats with Kara’s story and always pump of the volume when it starts.

There are hundreds of songs that are worth to be mentioned here. So many songs made with my favourite pella Choices My Change. So many remixes of Brad Sucks’ pellas. Or take Forensic. Not to forget the incredible amount of pellas Snowflake donated (listen to the Hot Core remix by Alex who is one of my favourite artists!). Hans Atom, Scomber, Platinum Butterfly, Copperhead, … Come one, it’s unfair to be allowed to pick only three songs! That even worse than fruit picking. It’s more like being forced to chose a favourite child. :P

By the way: Am I the only non artist that found this topic here?
thelasttimetraveller
permalink   Tue, Feb 3, 2015 @ 2:42 PM
Fading Things is no doubt my fav but it’s only been about a year and a bit of using ccmixter for me, so I’m excited to find more. Kudos to unreal_dm and Admiral Bob ;)