Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Features » ccMixter iPhone App now on AppStore

ccMixter iPhone App now on AppStore

mallu
permalink   Thu, Dec 22, 2011 @ 7:08 PM
As an avid fan of ccMixter, it was a pleasure to create the first native iPhone App for ccMixter. The version 1 is live and lets you listen to the “Whats Hot Right Now” and other categories. I am working on the second version now.
Get the app here -
http://itunes.apple.com/us/...

Cheers!
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Thu, Dec 22, 2011 @ 9:58 PM
This is amazing! I wish I had an iphone just to be able to use the app! Bravo!
go1dfish
permalink   Fri, Dec 23, 2011 @ 6:15 PM
Very cool.

No iPhone here either, but it works well on the iPad zoomed in.
Tomas PhUsIoN
permalink   Sat, Dec 24, 2011 @ 8:03 AM
looks great on my ipod and my ipad. very well done.
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, Jan 9, 2012 @ 4:14 PM
Sweet! Featured on the home page (as suggested by the lovely Sackjo22).
mallu
permalink   Tue, Jan 10, 2012 @ 10:52 AM
Hi guys - The version 1.1 is now out on the App Store.

Key new features:

* Post “Now Listening” to Twitter & Facebook
* Email links to songs from within the app !
* See most popular tags.
* Search on tags and save searches as categories.

Appreciate any feedback that you can leave on the App Store link!

Kudos to all the artists here that fill our lives with great music!
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   mallu Fri, Jan 13, 2012 @ 12:45 PM
Thanks Colab. Duely noted. Will you clarify the “new remixes” for me. I am guessing you are referring to “What’s Hot Right Now” or the page that has the new remixes. http://ccmixter.org/view/me...

I can add that to the next version. Its a great suggestion.

And thanks for all the v2.0 suggestions! I truly appreciate this feedback!

Quote: colabNice work. It’s a great step forward for sure - the social functions are great.

That said, I was surprised that I can’t listen to “new remixes” in this version. Would be nice to have access to the same basic listening functions as the site.

For v2.0 it would be great to see some member-specific functionality to make it a truly useful tool on the go:
- being able to fav
- leave a review
- listen to my own playlists

Oh, and please make it a universal iOS app. :)

permalink   J.Lang Mon, Jan 30, 2012 @ 7:02 AM
Love the New App. Great Job. I’m sure someone mention it already but to be able to review or do an E Pick from the phone would be great.
TheDICE
permalink   Wed, Jan 11, 2012 @ 11:53 AM
oh yes, thank you
pt_music
permalink   Tue, Jan 17, 2012 @ 5:47 AM
thank you for the great app.

where i can delete dowloaded songs?
a support to my playlists would be awesome.

this app have a “vip-place” XD on my smartphone.

permalink   mallu Thu, Jan 26, 2012 @ 8:17 PM
Hi - Thanks for the suggestions. Will add the ability to delete songs in the next version.
mallu
permalink   Sat, Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:31 AM
Hello ccMixters! Version 1.2 is now live in the Apple AppStore. There are some new categories for exploring music and also enhancements based on your suggestions. I appreciate your feedback and overwhelming support. The app is a tribute to the fantastic music you all create for everyone.

permalink   SackJo22 Sun, Apr 8, 2012 @ 9:13 AM
Thank you so much for creating and updating this app — I use it all the time!

permalink   timberman Sun, Apr 8, 2012 @ 2:10 PM
So do I

permalink   mallu Tue, Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:39 AM
Thank you guys! I appreciate the support. There will be a minor update out soon that allows the app on iOS 4.2 onwards for older devices and those who are not on iOS5.

I maintain the work log for the app at this link where you can participate in shaping future versions.

Trello Board

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Jun 4, 2012 @ 3:59 PM
this is awesome!
ScubaBadger
permalink   Mon, May 14, 2012 @ 6:53 AM
The app is brilliant for finding tracks, I can site with headphones on and just chill - listening to everything.

I have downloaded to the app a bunch of tracks that I would like to work with - however - I cannot find them in itunes, or anywhere else on the phone - even though they are supposedly downloaded.

Can anyone tell me how to get to the downloaded tracks and transfer them to a computer to work with please?

Thanks,
Abstract Audio
permalink   Sun, Jun 10, 2012 @ 11:18 AM
Will there be an android version in the near future?
TheDICE
permalink   Sat, Aug 11, 2012 @ 8:13 AM
Thanks for the update!!
Instead of jumping on the site by link, would be cool to log in with the app and doing everything from the app… but anyway, it’s already great as is. thanks again!!!
sindee
permalink   Fri, Sep 28, 2012 @ 6:52 AM
That is pretty cool! And I wondering how iphone App for ccMixter doing.
IDzeroNo
permalink   Sun, Nov 4, 2012 @ 1:33 AM
Can you put it on the android?
mallu
permalink   Tue, Dec 4, 2012 @ 2:04 PM
Hi Guys! Happy Holidays! The new version is now in iTunes Store. Now its native on iPad as well as has Dropbox integration for easy transfer of downloaded songs.
mallu
permalink   Fri, Dec 21, 2012 @ 10:52 AM
Happy Holidays to all ccMixter artists and collaborators.

The ccMixter iOS App is now downloaded in more than 80 countries and the music streamed, downloaded by thousands of fans.

There is so much more to do…. to increase and continue the community engagement, bring in more artists into the fold, allow people to record and upload pels, sounds from the world over using apps like this. Not to mention putting it on the Android platform.

It will be great to see some revenue flowing to the artists via the apps! Whether through donations, on the spot purchase for a single project commercial use like a 99cent fee or something…..

permalink   tacet Sun, Jan 20, 2013 @ 2:25 PM
Nice app, just download it and tried it out.

As I’ve been awol for a bit from ccMixter I noticed something interesting that’s kind of typical of all these kinds of products where suggestions are very “current”.

Some of my greatest finds on ccMixter have been purely accidental, and I like to DIG really deep into the past to find lost and hidden gems…..Indiana Style!

Maybe you’d like to consider this? How about a “random” list, or a “gem finder”. How can I get to 2010 Ed picks even without getting swipe-RSI?

Have you also considered some kind of playlist feature, where we can share playlists with other app users and the most popular lists float to the top? You’d then get a kind of community ed-pick effect.

Also, could I create my own lists/playlists which can be passed back to my ccM profile. Then I can use the app to find stuff to remix and make a queue.

Hope these are helpful, sorry if you’ve already covered any of these and I just missed it :)