Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Good luck to all.

Good luck to all.

J.Lang
permalink   Sun, Jul 31, 2005 @ 8:11 AM
I have my own personal top ten favs for the contest but i’m not a judge. I just wanted to say i’ve heard some awesome tracks on this site and i wish you all good luck. Lisa thanks for letting us take your voice in many different directions.

one love
j.
teru
permalink   Sun, Jul 31, 2005 @ 6:51 PM
"I have my own personal top ten favs for the contest but…"

We should all compare notes someday : )

Good luck to everyone and big thanks to everyone involved for a such a great contest. 200+ mixes WOW.
victor
permalink   Sun, Jul 31, 2005 @ 6:55 PM
When the dust settles I’m going ot make a WebJay playlist of my favs. (It will be more than 10 ;))
Markovich/A.M.P.
permalink   Mon, Aug 1, 2005 @ 2:07 AM
Much as I’ve enjoyed this contest, and working with Lisa ‘s vocal tracks, and listening to the submissions in all thieir variations, if I have to hear "you disinterest draws me in…" again for at least a month, then its AK time…
good luck all!
- Roy
cinematrik
permalink   Mon, Aug 1, 2005 @ 4:24 AM
Yeah seriously good luck to everyone. I’m amazed by the quality of the remixes posted here - this was a great contest!

And once again thanks to Victor and his web programming skillz! I’m sure that coding all the stuff for the contest (like the download loops pages) and getting them to work right was no picnic. So seriously thank you :-)

Tim
creativelycommon
permalink   Mon, Aug 1, 2005 @ 6:28 AM
"we are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"
the prize is the music. I think we should all remember that.

( I feel so sorry for the sucker who has to make the choice.. :D )
victor
permalink   Mon, Aug 1, 2005 @ 7:28 AM
the code to ccMixter is being open sourced (info here: http://wiki.creativecommons... )

I haven’t checked in the Magnatune code but I will get to that soon. Those screens relatively easy since Magnatune released the database of all their songs

http://magnatune.com/info/api

(working on my webjay list)
gurdonark
permalink   Mon, Aug 1, 2005 @ 12:44 PM
I suspect that a few of us, like me, enjoyed this contest more for the chance to participate and use the experience to learn than for the hope of winning a contest.

I liked Lisa’s work a great deal before the ccmixter remix contest began, but working with the snippets posted here
made me appreciate a lot of things about her songs I did not previously understand and recognize.

I think that the most fun part, though, is the perpetual battle with technical limitations—musical limitations, studio limitations, mixing device limitations, and the most deadly limitation—limitations of the imagination. It’s fun to stretch oneself to try to acquire skills and to try to bring to flesh a vision of a work from the disparate threads of the work of others. It’s a refreshing and maddening thing.

It’s also energizing to realize that even if one could and did realize everything one wished to do for a song, one’s own aesthetics and taste would be so different from another’s that every critique is a welcome and appreciated postcard rather than a definitive verdict.
It’s odd but true that mixing another’s work into a new work teaches one a great deal about one’s own image of what work should be, and what "rules" and inspirations matter to one about music.

I found myself once again on the road not taken, as in the poem, and yet finding also as in the poem that this has made all the difference.

Kudos to Lisa, to the ccmixter folks, and to maganatune,
and this was a really great contest.

Best fortune to those "real" mixers who may win their space when the judging dust has cleared, but also best fortune to the rest of us, who just enjoyed a few moments in the cool shade of remixing a beautiful voice.

DeBenedictis
permalink   Mon, Aug 1, 2005 @ 12:54 PM
Quote: When the dust settles I’m going ot make a WebJay playlist of my favs. (It will be more than 10 ;))

Yeah, I"ve got a list going, too.. Teru’s on it…a lot!
victor
permalink   Mon, Aug 1, 2005 @ 12:57 PM
post your links here ;)

http://webjay.org/by/fourst...
Aamu
permalink   Mon, Aug 1, 2005 @ 9:18 PM
Here’s my top 10.
http://webjay.org/by/Aamu/m...
Dex Aquaireean
permalink   Wed, Aug 3, 2005 @ 3:13 AM
I couldn’t even begin to pick a top 10 because I haven’t listened to all 200+ of them yet and with the quality of the ones I did hear, there easily could be a gem among them. And like what was mentioned before, I feel sorry for whoever has to pick the best out of all those goodies. Good luck to everyone!
victor
permalink   Wed, Aug 3, 2005 @ 2:41 PM
my playlist officially just went over 10 entries.