Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » NEW UPLOAD POLICY: ONE TRACK PER WEEK

NEW UPLOAD POLICY: ONE TRACK PER WEEK

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Wed, Oct 5, 2016 @ 9:36 AM
As we head into our 12th year of operation, we are analyzing the way the site currently functions. The cost of storage and bandwidth to keep ccMixter running continues to rise, and unfortunately, we’ve had shockingly minimal financial support from the community, despite our fundraisers and repeated requests for assistance.

It costs approximately $10-12k per year for the most basic operation of ccMIxter — and that’s with an all volunteer group working a lot of long hours because we love ccMIxter. In the past 3 years, we’ve raised less than $2500 dollars from folks other than me, fourstones, go1dfish and sackjo22. We are committed to our community and continue to create new ways to support ccMixter, like ccPlus.

This has led us to the adoption of a new policy: One Upload Per Week.

Our hope is that this limitation will not only save us money, but will also bring about some positive changes for our community. Our hope is we can find the positive in this change, with these possibilities:

- Instead of larger quantities of mixes, hopefully the remixes submitted will focus on going deeper with the source material.

- One remix per week will give each submitting mixter a chance for their latest mix to be featured longer at the top of the Remix Listing feed http://ccmixter.org/view/me...

- One remix per week will highlight a broader group of musicians, especially new members who sometimes get lost in the new uploads feed.

- We’re hoping mixters that usually upload significant quantities of content will spend more time with each individual mix, perhaps increasing the musicality, depth and quality of the mix.

Some discussion of this topic has already taken place in this forum thread:

http://ccmixter.org/thread/...

If this new policy disappoints you, consider making a generous donation to ccMixter for our 12th birthday at this link.

Thanks for your understanding. Please feel free to chime in below.
reiswerk
permalink   Wed, Oct 5, 2016 @ 1:18 PM
Dear Snowflake and Team!

I can understand that well.
Lots of time, lots of money …

Whether my remixes then 7 times as well, I can not promise?
But it can certainly not hurt if I take more time.

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 11:52 AM
Thank you for being understanding and open minded. :)
urmymuse
permalink   Wed, Oct 5, 2016 @ 2:15 PM
Hi Emily, Your point re new people is really important. I remember when I discovered the site. Csoul (he wasn’t using that handle then) had used a sample I had posted on freesound and this brought me to the site.

I had recently started doing music again after a break of many years. And before that I had not exactly been a professional, never had any lessons etc etc and having only played live twice (very drunk both times)

The long and the short of it was that I was initially terrified. What would be people think of the stuff I was posting? This may seem odd to some, but that’s how I felt.

I soon came to realise that a really warm, friendly creative place ccmixetr is.

I realised this because of the constructive and helpful comments people made, words of encouragement etc.

It is really important that if you see a name you don’t recognise on the site to give them a listen and make a helpful comment. People will really appreciate it and will be encouraged to keep going.

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 11:55 AM
Thank you for your beautiful and insightful comment. Your contributions to our site are wonderful.

ccMixter is a very special place. We’ve noticed much fewer people are doing reviews lately. And when a new person comes to the community, they get lost. We’d love help from the community to spend more time reaching out to new community members and spending more time reviewing each other’s works.

Because Victor, Kara, Alex and I are spending A LOT of time and effort behind the scenes, we don’t have as much time in the forward-facing parts of the site. We would greatly appreciate help with this. Thanks again.

permalink   Ivan Chew Wed, Oct 12, 2016 @ 7:48 AM
Quote: snowflakeWe’ve noticed much fewer people are doing reviews lately. And when a new person comes to the community, they get lost. We’d love help from the community to spend more time reaching out to new community members and spending more time reviewing each other’s works.

I didn’t know this was important until you said it, Emily. I often just leave a thumbs up rather than comment, cos I feel I lack the musical vocab to give thoughtful reviews and if I try to give suggestions, it may come across as being presumptuous. Mostly I tend to think, “Who am I anyway, to comment?”

But now that I see that reviews help to reinforce the community spirit, OK I’ll make it a point to review.

Re: publicising ccPlus, I’d do that too. Will be careful not to oversell, so I’ll look through your current info materials more carefully.

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 12:45 PM
I just saw you donated $750!!! I am moved to tears. Thank you soooo very much. We only need to raise $100 more to cover our costs this month thanks to you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

permalink   urmymuse Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 1:39 PM
:)

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 1:50 PM
I’m hoping your generosity will inspire others — it would be great if we could raise $1900 — that would cover our costs through the end of this year. Fingers crossed!

permalink   urmymuse Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 2:44 PM
We all have nightmares

One of mine is clicking on my ccmixter favourites button and finding that the site is not there.

This would be a disaster

I have just checked, I have been on the site seven years and a few months

Wow time flies

In that time I have done 700 reviews

I need to pick up the pace

Use it or lose it

:)

permalink   mwic Sat, Oct 15, 2016 @ 9:57 AM
Quote: snowflakeI’m hoping your generosity will inspire others

It inspired me. Just for the record
Stefan Kartenberg
permalink   Wed, Oct 5, 2016 @ 4:41 PM
Dear Emily and ccM team,

Thank you for the work you have done here in the past 12 years. And congratulations to 12 years ccMixter.

I think the new upload policy is a kind of emergency brake.
Naturally there are administrative and financial boundaries for an
ad-free platform like ccmixter.I feel a bit guilty because I upload
many songs.

I think now about how I can ccmixter personally support.
Maybe I could manage administrative tasks.
I could also imagine new members to look after,because new members
need more support, than ccmixter is supposed to grow.
Let me know if I can do anything.

For me, ccmixter is again a possibility to play with other musicians together.
After I have become ill I can unfortunately no longer live.
That´s why ccmixter has a high position in my life.

I wonder why the number of uploads should be lowered.
The ccmixter statistics says that the number of uploads is constantly
decreasing.
The quality of the songs should be further evaluated with “What’s Hot
Picks Now” and “Editors’ Picks”.
I am sure that if you need more administrators, which also provide.

I hope ccmixter will be once again the place as he was a week ago,
because a week to work on a song does not make the song any better.
Sometimes I need three days for a remix, but sometimes only three
hours. I think that over 2000 uploads on youtube the quality of the songs confirm. The ccmixter library should grow, not shrink.

ccMixter is the only platform on the net that allows musicians to
communicate with each other. I would like to exchange with musicians all over the world every day.

I have made a donation, and hope to follow more.

Thank you

permalink   Speck Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 6:16 AM
“…because a week to work on a song does not make the song any better.
Sometimes I need three days for a remix, but sometimes only three
hours.”

Totally agree. I thought of you (among others) when I read that bit about less music means better music. Your uploads are always of top quality. Plus I personally find it a bit insulting. But I realize they’re just trying to make the bad news more palatable, however inaccurately, and unnecessarily, so I forgive them and am working on not taking it personally. (Unless of course it was meant personally, in which case, admins, let me know so I can work on processing that.)

Anyway, I share your disappointment, I’ll miss your uploads, and let’s hope for the best.

permalink   Stefan Kartenberg Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 4:54 PM
Thank you for your kind words.

I do not think that something needs to be taken personally. With this drastic step a help call has been sent which has now reached all, and has awakened

permalink   Ivan Chew Wed, Oct 12, 2016 @ 7:40 AM
Quote: Speck“Plus I personally find it a bit insulting. But I realize they’re just trying to make the bad news more palatable, however inaccurately, and unnecessarily, so I forgive them and am working on not taking it personally. (Unless of course it was meant personally, in which case, admins, let me know so I can work on processing that.)

Hey Speck, I’m speaking for myself as a ccM regular like you (and I consider myself quite familiar with your work here), it never occurred to me that the new policy was aimed at you or other more prolific uploaders.

I make this comment not to defend the ccM admins or owners (though I do support the new policy). I just want to say it never even occurred to me the new policy was anything other than about the reality of costs.

permalink   Speck Wed, Oct 12, 2016 @ 8:11 AM
You are correct of course. I only meant the “less uploads = better quality uploads” statement could be taken personally. I know, intellectually, it wasn’t meant personally. I had an emotional response I now regret.

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 11:51 AM
I’m sorry to disappoint. It’s been a tough decision. We’re wrestling with how to keep ccMixter going despite the increasing time and costs required to run it.

I’ve invested my entire life savings into ccMixter. And I work 30-40 hours each work without pay. People help where they can, but admittedly, it just isn’t enough. I really don’t think anyone has any idea how much work this has been for me. There are significant restrictions in the site policy that make it challenging to raise funds.

I love ccMIxter. I’d love to explore new options so we can continue to nurture our community. I welcome ideas, but not ideas that mean more work for me or Victor. Usually the ideas people give me all require we do more work, not less. We welcome ideas that involve help you can personally give.

I apologize to the group of mixters that this impacts the most. It is not intended to be hurtful. I hope you won’t take it personally.

Thank you for your donation Stefan. It costs $900 per month to cover our basic operations. So we still need to raise $850 more this month — and so far you’re the only person to have made a donation for our 12th birthday. Many people love ccMixter, but just aren’t able or willing to support it in the way that is necessary.

I LOVE ccMixter. I would have never given all of my money and time to this community if it wasn’t so deeply dear to me. I genuinely and deeply want to move forward through this. I hope this new upload policy is temporary. I am continuing to explore more ways to find support for our unique and beautiful musical home. Each time we have come to a point like this in the past, some new pathway has emerged.

I can appreciate you might feel one song a week is too little for your normal process. I’m trying to find a silver lining — and ask for you to at least try taking a different approach with your mixes at this time. I notice a difference in my mixes where I take two weeks to craft instead of 2 days. I challenge you to try this — as artists it is always beneficial to shift our approach and bend the edge of our envelope. Each time I’ve attempted to remix in a new genre or to create a type of sound outside my norm, just for example, it takes longer but in the end is extremely fulfilling.

We could definitely use help.
- Perhaps instead of uploading for now, you’d be willing to listen to and review as many tracks as possible (Speck is wonderful at this.)

- We always appreciate folks that monitor the forums, uploads and comments for spam.

- Perhaps you’d be willing to be an Editor and Ed Pick to highlight remixes of exceptional quality.

- A great way to show your support would be to sign up for the Secret Mixter.

- You could help reach out to folks included in your remixes and ask them to sign up for ccPlus.

- Help us find ccMixter tracks used on the web where they are not Attributed - and be willing to help comment to get Attribution added

If you really love ccMixter like I do, please be willing to roll-up your sleeves and help. :)

Thank you again for your generosity and for your patience. I hope you will remain loyal to ccMixter and continue to contribute your talents and remixes to our community.

permalink   Stefan Kartenberg Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 5:44 PM
Many thanks for your response. I would really like to help you with your work. You have a few points mentioned in which I can help. I think I can help with all mentioned points. Just allow me to delete spam. I can also act as an editor, if you allow that.

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 5:56 PM
That would be so appreciate Stefan! I’ve made you an Editor. A few things to note when Ed Picking:

- it’s uncool to pick a remix that includes yourself.
- try to pick exceptional work you can tell stands out.
- only remixes can be picked (not pells or samples)

Also, if you would sign up for the Secret Mixter that would be excellent. :)

A newer member of our community, softmartin, just contributed $125. It would be wonderful if we could show him some love with some reviews. :)

Thank you!!!

permalink   Annon Tue, Oct 25, 2016 @ 4:51 PM
Quote: snowflake
I really don’t think anyone has any idea how much work this has been for me..

PLease believe me I have every idea how difficult this must be for you and your crew

permalink   Stefan Kartenberg Tue, Oct 11, 2016 @ 8:31 PM
Thank you for your kind words.
Speck
permalink   Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 5:31 AM
Just - :(

Emergency brake indeed. I’m a creature of habit and I really enjoyed having new music to listen to every morning with my coffee. This morning was the first new upload in three days.

Probably no one appreciated ccM more than I. If I could cover the cost myself I would, I enjoyed it that much. If I could increase my yearly donation to a level that would make a significant difference I would. But alas, I cannot.

Sincere huge thanks to the admins for your sacrifices of time and money put forth in the valiant effort to provide the web with a uniquely friendly, supportive place for musical expression and interaction.

Personally, I’ll still be mixing at the pace that inspiration strikes. I guess the difference will be that it’ll be striking less often (it’s at zero right now). Although, as I strive to find a positive in this change, I guess it is an opportunity to get more involved in other sites like Rubber Tracks, Sound Cloud, Hit Record, etc. Or maybe I’ll take up knitting.

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 11:58 AM
Thank you for your yearly generosity. You are one of less than a handful of community members that do so.

As I mentioned up above, I hope this is temporary. In the interim, I hope you’ll try taking a new approach and continue your reviews, even into the back catalog. We also need help with curation by genre, as this is an area which would provide some financial support for ccMIxter.

Thanks for trying to find the positive during this time. I appreciate it.

permalink   Speck Fri, Oct 7, 2016 @ 3:34 AM
What exactly is “curation by genre”? I might be able to help with that, although I am often unsure of the correct genre tag for my own mixes and so often leave it off.

permalink   Mr_Yesterday Fri, Oct 7, 2016 @ 10:04 PM
There should probably be a “Speck” genre to handle that. Of course, the usual editorial guidelines—you would necessarily be exempt from selecting your own work, for example, though it would thoroughly dominate the category—might complicate the curatorial process (cue Panu’s 2012 Ed Pick review of The Coldness…)

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Oct 11, 2016 @ 9:14 PM
Creating playlists under some type of theme would be awesome!
Subliminal
permalink   Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 8:58 AM
I somehow have the feeling that ccMixter has become a victim of its own success. Victor’s comment about bandwidth costs here and his comment about the number of visitors over here gives me the impression that there is a lot more traffic going on than can be deduced from the number of uploads, comments and recommends alone.

The new policy feels both necessary and against the mission (as I understood it) of the website at the same time.

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Oct 6, 2016 @ 12:02 PM
More and more people are LISTENING to our music. More and more people are USING our music in more and more places around the internet and world. This has created many different needs and demands. So while uploads may be slowing, listening and use are not. Dig’s traffic continues to rise.

So perhaps we can find ways as a community to participate in different ways.

Curating is still creative, just different from remixing. I’d love to see folks creating playlists that group music together by theme. http://beta.ccmixter.org/pl...

It would be great to find ways to bring older uploads to the surface. We have over 40,000 uploads that could be shared and heard.

Other ideas are welcome.

permalink   reiswerk Sat, Oct 8, 2016 @ 11:44 AM
My idea would be: If we should let more time, the music should be better.
Then we could give more feedback.
Not just thumbs up and thumbs down.
But also write, if one could make something even better.

permalink   Snowflake Sat, Oct 8, 2016 @ 11:56 AM
yes, I’d love to see more reviews from the community. maybe we listen more to each other and give each other feedback since we can’t “talk” as much with uploads.

permalink   reiswerk Sat, Oct 8, 2016 @ 12:37 PM
Does not fit the whole topic… and also have the courage to tell the Vocalists, they please upload a dry Acapella. With many you can do nothing because of the effects

permalink   Mr_Yesterday Sat, Oct 8, 2016 @ 10:31 PM
Amen to the pella guidelines. I always try, though for good vox quality you want not only dry, but a good file format, not an mp3….

permalink   Annon Tue, Oct 25, 2016 @ 5:09 PM
Quote: snowflakeMore and more people are LISTENING to our music. More and more people are USING our music . Dig’s traffic continues to rise.

this is where the money has to come from

the problem with the donation system (from users) is that it ends up being pay to play & were all broke musicians

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Oct 25, 2016 @ 9:42 PM
Believe me, we’ve tried — and will keep trying with ccPlus (but artists need to join). All of us that run ccMixter are musicians and members of the community. We’re not a big corporation with money.
Siobhan Dakay
permalink   Tue, Oct 11, 2016 @ 11:51 AM
Oh…I got it.
Darn…. somehow I expected this to happen sooner or later.

two things I will do promise you:
1 st) donate (after finishing this reply)
2 nd) I have a bit of time in the next two month. Should I warm up the idea of sponsoring? That will keep ccMixter ad free - the only bad thing might be that we have a company name like “sponsored by ProTools” or likewise somewhere written.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers
Siobhan aka Heiko

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Oct 11, 2016 @ 9:13 PM
Thank you so much for your generous donation! I am so grateful. Site sponsorship is something interesting to explore….

permalink   Alex Wed, Oct 12, 2016 @ 10:31 AM
Hi Vibhu. There’s a ccMixter app for the iPhone, but it would be great to have one for the Android users… I’d love to have it! And I guess I’m not the only one :) Cheers!

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Oct 12, 2016 @ 11:00 AM
Musikpirat is about to launch a new ccMixter app…….

permalink   Alex Wed, Oct 12, 2016 @ 11:08 AM
Wow! That’s great! Hope it will be available for the android too… Thanks guys

permalink   Alex Wed, Oct 12, 2016 @ 11:20 AM
Thanks Vibhu! I’m not in the admin team, so can’t help you with data.. ;( But ok, let’s wait for the musikpirat’s app!

permalink   AmbireSeiche Mon, Nov 14, 2016 @ 12:25 AM
Quote: Vibhu TewaryI just read that google limits its google drive downloads.. So that may not be the best thing to do.. Something like soundcloud would be better…

This whole portion of the thread got me wondering if something might be doable with Archive.org library or maybe Audio Commons Initiative, to help ease burden of bandwidth costs. I don’t see where it wouldn’t be mutually beneficial at the very least.

Filehosts disappear too easily(not to mention quickly) and there’s no future in Soundcloud, it’s not like they’re making money either(I figure if they’re lucky they’ll find a buyer before the bottom drops out on them and their investors. I think Bandcamp has a much better future ahead but that’s not really CC related)

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Oct 11, 2016 @ 9:15 PM
Thank you for your suggestions. We will look into it. Last time we copied and moved all of our content to new servers we took months to recover.

permalink   reiswerk Sun, Oct 16, 2016 @ 12:39 PM
Are you helped if we delete so many crap of music?
To relieve the server.

I think of remixe with 1, 2 or no likes.
I will do it!

Now the 50 worst remixes deleted…
essesq
permalink   Mon, Oct 17, 2016 @ 5:22 PM
First and foremost, Happy Birthday ccMixter! I know there is a bit of a cloud over the celebration, but it would be worse if the site was struggling because nobody added anything to it.

Second, thank you Emily, Kara, Victor and the rest of the Admin team. Truly nobody can appreciate what you are doing to make this the site and community it is unless they are privy to your lives on a daily basis, but thank you for all you do.

Third, a nuts and bolts question re: the upload limit (and I read and re-read everything I could see put up so far and don’t think I saw this answered). If I were to upload a remix with a musical backing from another artist and spoken word by myself, and then upload the pell separately for someone else to remix is that one upload or two?

Finally, for those who feel that they need new music every day and will have more limited offerings now, why not go back in time and dig up some gems from the past…

****And just one little word of thanks to all who have encouraged my spoken word work here. I recently joined a couple of poetry groups in my local area so now am starting to read to live audiences (very small and kind ones). I never would have dreamed of it had it not been for my experience here.

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Oct 17, 2016 @ 5:42 PM
Thank you for your lovely post. Your kindness is greatly appreciated.

I’m so happy to hear you are doing live performance with your poetry! That makes me feel this is all worth it….

If you want to upload a vocal pell separate from a remix you can either upload it as an additional file in the remix upload itself under Manage Files, or wait a week and upload it as a separate track then. We’re still working out how all of this works so I imagine things will evolve over time.

Thanks for your patience and support.

permalink   essesq Mon, Oct 17, 2016 @ 5:55 PM
Thank you for the explanation. I figure I’m not the only one trying to understand all this and if a few more people understand it’s a few less frazzled artist types. That’s always a good thing :-).

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Oct 17, 2016 @ 6:38 PM
Indeed! I’m still trying to understand it too ;)
Aussens@iter
permalink   Tue, Oct 18, 2016 @ 11:23 AM
Hi Emily, ccM-team and mixters,

first of all, I am so greateful to be part of this wonderful community. CCM is a priceless gift and I love this place so much. So, happy 12th birthday! Now, if I may I’d like to share my thoughts about the new policy.

When I first read the announcement and “the hope that mixters spend more time in increasing depth and quality of the remix”, I felt like I got caught. Simply because I did definitely not spend enough time to improve my remixes qualitatively. In almost every remix I created there are one or two things that I am not satisfied with. I could and should have done better. But I did not, because during the final stages of a project I already started to focus on my next one. So, I like and support the new policy!

A few months ago a user loaded about a dozen tracks as “samples”, which obviously were finished mixed latin-style songs like from a cd. There were no separate samples or stems in the download-section of the songs. Sometimes I comment on uploads like this, asking the users to read the guidelines before pushing the upload-button. I know that Speck does this often, too. In this case I flagged/ reported the user. A week later the songs were still available and I’m not sure if they’ve ever been removed.

I think ccM stored a lot of stuff that has never been recommended and/ or used at all. Maybe it could make sense to roll-out a policy which says, that remixes/ samples will be deleted if they have not been recommended and/ or used after a specific period of time. Then clean-outs could be done automatically and on a regular basis. Of course I don’t know the stats of drive space required for remixes vs. for samples, so I’m not sure if this would amount anything. But in general I would recommend to get rid of the old, unused data uploaded in the past AND restrict the amount of future uploads. Otherwise the current situation will recur again and again…

One last thing: I had a really bad feeling when I read that users are not willing to donate. I’d love to! And these days I regret that some years ago I did not, although I had money. Unfortunately I lost almost everything and had to move back in my parent’s house. I am currently trying to get my life back on track. I promise to donate on a monthly basis as soon as I can afford it. Of course that doesn’t help ccM at the moment. I just wanted to clarify that statements like this may cause users, who can’t afford a donation, to feel guilty for the situation of ccM. In general, whenever something on the internet is for free, most users will take/ use it. That`s just the way it is. That`s why I like Siobhan`s idea of sponsorships.

If I can help ccM by joining this ccplus-thing, I’d like to do that. But I couldn’t find any information about how this works, so I chatted about this on FB with Martjin de Boer. I mean, the Q&A on artechmedia.net are nice, but maybe there would be more users with ccplus if there would be more information about it. Just a thought… :)

Enough said.

Many thanks & best regards,
Tobs

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Oct 18, 2016 @ 2:41 PM
Hey Tobias,

Thank you so much for your thoughtful post. I appreciate it.

I like the idea of deleting samples/pells after a defined period of time if they have not been remixed or recommended. Now we just need take the time to write the script to do it. ;)

Thank you especially for your willingness to donate. That is so important, because the only way we can operate within the Lessig principles is to receive support. And through many different experiments and efforts, we’ve learned that support has to come from our community.

We are still working out the kinks for ccPlus — you can read about it here: http://tunetrack.net/ccmixt...

Let me know if you’d like to opt-in, every little bit helps. Last month we paid out $5600 in royalties to ccPlus artists, 75% of total ccPlus royalties generated January through September 2016. So ccMixter received $1866 of that — which helped us operated for a couple of months.

permalink   Aussens@iter Thu, Oct 20, 2016 @ 12:33 AM
Thank you for the link, that`s exactly what I was looking for. Yes, I’d like to opt-all-in. :)

My brother in law is managing director at Steinwand Technology. I’d like to discuss with him if he can help with the script or maybe he knows someone who can help.
Martijn de Boer (NiGiD)
permalink   Fri, Oct 21, 2016 @ 10:35 AM
I understand, what needs to be done, needs to be done.

However, one remix per week is not the same as one track per week. The uploads of samples will also drop heavily… Have you considered that there might not be much new music left to remix?

permalink   mwic Mon, Oct 24, 2016 @ 6:50 AM
Quote: Martijn de Boer (NiGiD)… there might not be much new music left to remix?

Remix old music then? There are hundreds, probably thousands, of good-quality samples that have never been used in a remix.

permalink   Annon Tue, Oct 25, 2016 @ 5:27 PM
it will kill the site
new tracks drive traffic
traffic drives growth

the problem here is the growth is in costs, work and headaches not cashflow

permalink   Annon Tue, Oct 25, 2016 @ 5:36 PM
or maybe more like this stupid meme
that the new music economy can be based on bankrupting artists.

if people want something for nothing they are going to end up with nothing

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Oct 25, 2016 @ 9:37 PM
We’ve talked about changing so one remix and one sample or pell could be submitted each week, but that is more complicated to code at the time being. We’ll keep you posted.

permalink   Martijn de Boer (NiGiD) Wed, Oct 26, 2016 @ 1:32 PM
That’s great news, thanks Snowflake
tigabeatz
permalink   Fri, Nov 25, 2016 @ 12:03 PM
hmm seen that just now. quite shocking you got that less financial support. lets see how to change that :-)

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Nov 29, 2016 @ 2:32 PM
This would be amazing! :)
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Tue, Nov 29, 2016 @ 2:31 PM
Dear All —

We’ve lifted the upload throttle for the Hope for the Holidays remix event. We encourage your participation. If there are too many unrelated uploads, we may need to reinstate the throttle, otherwise, it will be reinstated on Jan 2.

Please consider giving ccMixter a holiday gift.