Watch the Songbirds Event Livestream Replay
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Hope for the Holidays Remix Event

Hope for the Holidays Remix Event

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Wed, Nov 23, 2016 @ 6:11 PM
HOPE for the Holidays Remix Event

Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality. ~Jonas Salk

As the winter holidays approach, much of the world prepares for traditional celebrations. ccMixter has an annual winter tradition of its own: our holiday remix event.

As always, you are invited to share original and traditional, holiday and seasonal pells, samples, and remixes. With so much heart-wrenching turmoil and conflict all around us, we encourage a focus on HOPE for this year’s holiday event.

Our musical community of collaboration and sharing is built upon unity, harmony, inclusivity, and generosity… let’s create music that expresses our collective sentiments with the world!

HOPE for the Holidays: Pells, Samples & Remixes
Abstract Audio
permalink   Thu, Nov 24, 2016 @ 5:13 AM
Is it also possible to make samples from previous projects avaible for this event? I have one or two uploads from the by and by that would qualify for this event?

On another note. The links to the pells, samples and remixes all give me the same message:
503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

(Edit they are working now)

permalink   Snowflake Fri, Nov 25, 2016 @ 1:37 PM
Yes, we can tag your previous uploads if they seem relevant to the project. I’ll check yours out!

permalink   Admiral Bob Tue, Nov 29, 2016 @ 6:21 AM
Strongly support this. At one upload a week, there’s not enough time to build up a big enough sample base.

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Nov 29, 2016 @ 2:29 PM
Good point. We’ve lifted the upload throttle for this event, to encourage participation. It will be reinstated on Jan 2.

permalink   Martijn de Boer (NiGiD) Wed, Dec 14, 2016 @ 7:23 AM
I clicked the wrong button and uploaded http://ccmixter.org/files/N...
I can’t add the holiday_hope tag myself. Would you please be so kind? Thanks!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Wed, Dec 14, 2016 @ 11:53 AM
Done!
Thanks for submitting a mix!

permalink   Martijn de Boer (NiGiD) Thu, Dec 15, 2016 @ 2:14 AM
Thank you spinningmerkaba, appreciated!
J.Lang
permalink   Mon, Nov 28, 2016 @ 5:16 PM
I can’t access pells, samples or remixes. i get a spinning wheel.

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Nov 28, 2016 @ 8:48 PM
I think it is fixed now!
Mr. Pepino
permalink   Thu, Dec 1, 2016 @ 2:37 PM
Hi snowflake, i did a remix of “Words of Gratitude” from SackJo22: [url=http://ccmixter.org/files/Mr_Pepino/55174][/url]
Its about Thanksgiving but also fits good for christmas. does this song fit for this remix event?

permalink   Kara Square Wed, Dec 7, 2016 @ 10:33 AM
Hey hey! Yes, indeed! I added your track to the ‘Remix’ playlist. Thanks!

permalink   Mr. Pepino Wed, Dec 7, 2016 @ 11:55 AM
Hi Kara, your’re welcome! Thanks for adding my remix!
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   unreal_dm Sun, Dec 11, 2016 @ 6:43 AM
you could try the old way till it’s fixed.

acappella

sample

permalink   Snowflake Sun, Dec 11, 2016 @ 5:12 PM
it is working on my Mac. it may not be working for Android users because we had to close off some access to the site because we’ve been getting scraped and our bandwidth charges were times higher than normal last month.

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Dec 12, 2016 @ 3:13 PM
Are you using Android by chance? What is your browser? OS? Does the old site work for you? It would be helpful for us to know….
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Dec 12, 2016 @ 11:24 AM
We’ve got 20 remixes so far with 20 days left in 2016!!!

What???
You haven’t submitted a sample, or a pell or a remix yet? Even the Grinch has a song to sing.

So make some hot chocolate…power up the mixer and microphones, and join in making Hope for the Holidays sparkle. It makes your heart grow three sizes bigger ;-)

Hope,
Hope,
Hope for the Holidays!!!!

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Dec 12, 2016 @ 3:14 PM
Here Here!!! Let’s remix our way to Hope for the Holidays!
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Wed, Dec 14, 2016 @ 12:02 PM
We’ve just started our #12daysofchristmas twitter holiday music celebration with Keytronic’s “Under the Christmas Tree (withCiggyburns)” remix.

Hope for the Holidays is the continuation of a tradition of winter remixes here at ccMixter. Let’s share it with the world!

Check out and post your favorite tracks in the Pluggy Plugs forum topic I started for this promo event.

Share them on your twitter page using the #12daysofchristmas and #ccmusic and #ccmixter hashtags.

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Dec 14, 2016 @ 1:28 PM
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Tue, Jan 3, 2017 @ 12:21 PM
We’re about to close the event. if you have any lingering submissions, upload asap, cuz we’re packing it up and getting ready to curate for a release in 2017!!!! Happy New Year!