Watch the Songbirds Event Livestream Replay
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Endurance Secret Mixter

Endurance Secret Mixter

Kara Square
permalink   Mon, Oct 28, 2019 @ 5:50 AM

Endurance Secret Mixter

Let’s celebrate ccMixter’s 15th trip around the sun! HOW?

1. Sign up HERE for the Endurance Secret Mixter!
2. Record an Endurance Promo — learn how HERE.
3. Donate! Become a ccMixter Patreon member (increase your donation if you’re already giving), OR donate directly through Paypal HERE.

On this big birthday, your time and generosity would be so appreciated. (Read Snowflake’s post about her great gratitude for this community HERE). Let’s ensure ccMixter endures another 15 years.

We’re excited for the Endurance Secret Mixter. Sign-up today!

tigabeatz
permalink   Mon, Oct 28, 2019 @ 10:40 AM
… indeed.

Quote: Kara Square
HAPPY 15TH BIRTHDAY CCMIXTER!!!

i wrote a small tool to help me with stealth mixing, maybe it helps you, too.
in short, it downloads and, if neccessary, extracts “all” uploads from a given username.

the older version: https://gitlab.com/tigabeatz/ccmclient

the ‘i am working on more features, but basics should still work ;-)’ version:

https://gitlab.com/tigabeatz/ccmclient/tree/extended

thanks for cc mixter and the great idea of the secret mixter!

yours
tigabeatz

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Oct 28, 2019 @ 3:20 PM
Sounds cool! Thank you for utilizing our technical tools to help make us better!

permalink   Kara Square Tue, Oct 29, 2019 @ 5:38 AM
Thank you for reminding everyone about your helpful tool! So cool!!!

permalink   martinsea Tue, Nov 5, 2019 @ 2:46 PM
Hi tigabeats , thank you very much for the ccscraper ! One question— is there a way to restrict the download just to zip files ? Above all, I am interested in the stems.I downloaded both versions but couldn t work out if this is possible.
Best, Martin

permalink   tigabeatz Wed, Nov 6, 2019 @ 2:17 PM
Hi Martin,

thanks for your question! :-)

> download just to zip files

actually the tool should download all files, including the zip files and extract them, so you should have the stems.

maybe next week i can implement a download zips only (or by file type), but, … stems are not always packed in a zip but additional audio files. this would leave out those stems then.

if you like, lets talk about features and bugs @ http://ccmixter.org/thread/...

cheers
tigabeatz
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, Oct 28, 2019 @ 2:34 PM
Happy 15th Birthday ccMixter! Let’s Celebrate!

It’s mind blowing for me to reflect upon this day 10 years ago, when ArtisTech Media took the reigns from Creative Commons — exactly 5 years to the date from ccMixter’s initial inception. Our little team was filled with incredible excitement, honored at the very special opportunity to usher in the next chapter for our community.

The road has been filled with surprises. We’ve faced challenges we could have never expected, and due to our deep commitment to ccMixter, we’ve never given up. We have endured!

More importantly, we’ve been overwhelmed by the beauty of our creative collaboration — and the power of our music. Our art is heard all over the world. And though this accomplishment has not yielded much financial reward, the intrinsic value of our music continues to grow.

I remain committed to ccMixter. And that commitment is made possible by the good folks in this community that contribute their time, their vision, and their creativity.

Kara Square works with incredible dedication on a wide range of things that keep ccMixter going each day — from answering help mail to creating artwork, from managing our social media to the tedious work of Attribution tracking, from curating to developing ideas for new events. She does sooooo much work behind the scenes — and without her I might have given up when times got tough.

SpinningMerkaba has been there from day one, and continues to be a guiding force in ccMixter’s creative direction. He is masterful in his creative writing skills and he works down in the details to help us get everything done.

Admiral Bob’s talents extend far beyond his musical abilities — and it is his skills that have helped us when technical glitches (big and small) have created a challenge. And, he always makes sure no Mixter is left behind every Secret Mixter!

Gurdonark has been my guiding star, especially during some pretty big challenges that nearly strangled ccMixter. Without him and his generosity, we would not have endured.

Sackjo22 is especially generous — with her time, her ideas and her donations. Her support in tough times, as well as her creative vision, are consistent forces of positivity for me personally, and in this community.

Michael Gregoire has fixed bugs that have plagued us, advised us on technical issues, and is making a lot of progress on our new site design. He is a very busy guy (running BlocSonic) and so we are especially grateful he contributes his time and great talent to ccMixter.

Go1dfish continues to fund one of our servers each month (and has done so since day one) and helps us technically whenever he can. His generosity is amazing!

Patronski is one of my most valued advisers, and pretty much everything we do here is passed by him first for his input. And he is also very supportive of all of the time I spend working on ccMixter each day!

Loveshadow, Zep Hurme and Siobhan Dakay share their creative and technical ideas to guide us and help shape our events and themes. Not to mention they are some of the most masterful producers I’ve ever worked with, anywhere on the globe.

Speck, Panu, Apoxode and many others help monitor the site for spam and tracks that need moderating. It would be impossible for us to stay on top of this big task without their assistance.

A special thanks to everyone on the Editorial Team, for highlighting mixes deserving of special attention. You help listeners find gems on our site! (I know that there are many tracks that haven’t received the recognition they should.)

I give my heartfelt gratitude to all of the artists here, who compose, record, edit, mix, sample, and create — and share your imaginative art with our community and world at large. You are the heart of ccMixter!

To all of you who have ever donated, and continue to donate to ccMixter, YOU keep us running. Even with all of the long hours folks regularly contribute, we still have to pay the bills. If you are able, your financial support (or an increase of it!) would be so appreciated — our Patreon donors give us that consistency we need to sleep at night!

I’m especially proud of the supportive spirit in our community. ccMixter is uniquely upbeat in a digital realm that is becoming more and more hostile. Each of you uphold ideals of encouragement in a world that bullies. We are together inclusive, respectful, borderless — at a time when positivity is so terribly important.

I hope you’ll join our special Endurance Secret Mixter — celebrating this milestone birthday. 15 years my friends!!! Let’s make it 15 more.

permalink   essesq Mon, Oct 28, 2019 @ 6:09 PM
It’s been way too long since I added anything to this community. Looking forward to dusting off some gear and finding my voice again. Happy Birthday CC Mixter!

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Oct 28, 2019 @ 7:24 PM
It is JOYFUL to hear from you!! And sooo excited you’ve signed up for this Secret Mixter.

permalink   essesq Tue, Oct 29, 2019 @ 10:57 AM
Snowflake…so aptly named for the leader of a community of artists. A recognition of the uniqueness of every member, but also a shout-out to what can happen as one flake joins another and gathers momentum (sorry missed that event) and friends forming a massive ball of creativity the force of which becomes far more than the sum of its parts.

Though I have stepped back in my interaction with this community, I have never lost my deep admiration and appreciation for what happens here. Please let me express my deepest gratitude to every person who works to keep the tech running, the art growing, and the spirit of mutual support that still permeates this place alive.

permalink   Kara Square Tue, Oct 29, 2019 @ 5:37 AM
I love ccMixter. I am so proud to be a creator here with you: the most supportive and loving digital community I’ve ever experienced.

It’s magical how ccMixter is a living, breathing place where creativity takes root and grows… and grows… and grows into forms we never imagined. Our music shapeshifts as we collaborate… bringing our distinct sonic experiences into the whole. And our remixes travel… becoming the soundbeds for endless videos, games, podcasts… Our collaborative creation of open music inspires other creators and listeners in ways we’ll never fully know… and that’s magical.

Thank you to each and every person who is part of this magical community.

Dear Snowflake: Thank you for steering this ship through the calm waters and the wild waves. You are the anchor that keeps us steady. Your positivity and gratitude never cease, which makes you a truly gifted leader. You inspire me as a musician and as a person. Thank you.

permalink   Admiral Bob Tue, Oct 29, 2019 @ 6:28 AM
There is a lot that happens behind the scenes that makes ccMixter.org the special place it is.

Mixters have no idea how much creativity, diplomacy, time, blood, sweat and tears snowflake pours into this place behind the scenes, all the while having just as busy a life as anyone.

We’re all eternally grateful.

permalink   tigabeatz Tue, Oct 29, 2019 @ 11:35 AM
Quote: Admiral BobThere is a lot that happens behind the scenes that makes ccMixter.org the special place it is.
….
We’re all eternally grateful.

oh, yes. grateful. ;-)

i feel that it would be a good time to get more insights into what is happening in the background. what do you do to keep ccm alive? how does your “daily ccm” look? are there any task that could need support (like fundraising, getting sponsors, development, operations), maybe something in a blog post, or diary style…

and as tech guy, i wonder how you operate, monitor and how you organize the team? i have much respect but absolutely no idea how you operate a service with volunteers, only…

yours
tigabeatz

permalink   J.Lang Tue, Oct 29, 2019 @ 7:48 PM
Happy Birthday ccMixter. I’ve been here on and off since May of 2005. I’ve met and been inspired by some great and very talented people. I’d like to thank ALL that I’ve met and continue to meet. Thank you all for sharing your talents and inspiring myself and others.
One Love & Peace.

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Nov 25, 2019 @ 8:38 AM
CONGRATULATIONS MIXTERS!! This is our second Secret Mixter in a row where every single musician who signed up delivered and received a mix — no one got stood up. Check out the Endurance Secret Mixter Playlist!

What an incredible community we have here. Happy Birthday ccMixter!!!

permalink   Kara Square Mon, Nov 25, 2019 @ 11:29 AM
That is AMAZING! No mixter left behind… TO THE MAX!

Here, here! CHEERS!

permalink   Speck Tue, Nov 26, 2019 @ 9:36 AM
“This is our second Secret Mixter in a row where every single musician who signed up delivered and received a mix — no one got stood up.”

Nitpicking I suppose, but that’s not exactly true. ________ didn’t upload his remix of me until Monday night (last Secret Mixter, not this one). I definitely felt stood up/left behind. I mean, I still got to participate in my favorite part - listening to all the mixes - but all the while I was thinking “hey, where’s mine?” (Apologies if that makes me sound selfish or petty.)

Still - one in a row ain’t bad.

permalink   Kara Square Wed, Nov 27, 2019 @ 4:59 AM
Nahhhhh… not selfish or petty, just honest!

And yeah! Any single Secret Mixter without a mixter left behind is still a win! Perhaps we can make it a double next round!
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Tue, Oct 29, 2019 @ 12:21 PM
Thank you!

Thank you Snowflake for keeping us going despite the challenges of the past 10 years.

Thank you everyone who contributes to ccM in any way. Together, we have created one of the coolest places to hang out on the internet.

It is reassuring to witness ccMixter’s endurance. It is wondrous to know that the commitment to keep ccM going is strong.

Happy Birthday ccMixter!!!!
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Wed, Oct 30, 2019 @ 1:04 PM
RECORD AN ENDURANCE PROMO FOR CCMIXTER!

What does ccMixter mean to you? We want to hear! While you’re waiting for your Secret Mixter assignment, why not warm up the mic tubes and press record?

We need your help recording promos for the Endurance Event — that will become part of our end-of-the-year fundraising efforts in videos, playlists and remixes we will share on YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram. Help us encourage other creators who use ccMixter tracks to give just a little back, so we can keep making music together and endure decades into the future!

ENDURANCE PROMOS PLAYLIST

Here are a couple of script ideas, but of course, your own ideas and thoughts are most welcome.

— “This is _________, and I’m a ccMixter artist. ccMixter endures because of people like you, who support our music by donating to our community. Thank you for listening, sharing, and supporting ccMixter so we can endure into the future.”

— “This is ______ and I share Creative Commons music at ccMixter.org. Help us keep our music open and free by becoming a monthly support at Patreon.com/ccmixter. Thank you for your support!”

— “I’m _________ and not only am I a ccMixter artist, I’m a ccMixter patron at Patreon.com/ccmixter. By supporting ccMixter today, you ensure my music has a home for years to come.”

— “I’m ____________, an artist and supporter of ccMixter, one of the largest and longest running open music websites in the world. By supporting ccMixter, you provide artists a home for friendly and engaging musical collaboration. You also give creators — filmmakers, developers, podcasters, YouTubers, and DJs — the valuable resource of open music that they can freely use. Please consider making a donation today at Patreon.com/ccmixter. Whatever amount you can give today will help ccMixter endure tomorrow.”

Thank you all for your support and for sharing your voice. And don’t forget to sign up for the Endurance Secret Mixter!

permalink   Kara Square Thu, Oct 31, 2019 @ 6:36 AM
Just uploaded my promo. It only took about 15 minutes to record, edit, and post. Super quick to do! I implore everyone to make one! (Also… it’s not often that I get to use the fun word implore… I IMPLORE YOU, FRIENDS! IMPLORE!)

I’m getting pumped about the Secret Mixter… we’ve already got 22 mixters participating! I implore you to join us… IMPLORE!

permalink   Snowflake Fri, Nov 1, 2019 @ 9:39 AM
I’m digging the imploring Kara!! LOL Thank you!

I just uploaded my promos! HERE they are. Can’t wait to hear more.

Counting down to the Endurance Secret Mixter!

permalink   Kara Square Fri, Nov 1, 2019 @ 11:24 AM
LOL. I was in a very silly mood yesterday. 😂

Your promos are fantastic, Snow! WOOT WOOT!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Thu, Nov 7, 2019 @ 12:45 PM
Here is my Endurance Promo. These are fun to record. Thanks!

Cezary Ostrowski
permalink   Fri, Mar 20, 2020 @ 12:28 PM
As I have no idea where to post it, I post it here.
Contest : GOLDEN LALA AWARD
I welcome all ccmixters-mixers :)

You can remove this one Kara, but please, post it elswhere here. In a more convinient place, perhaps.

permalink   Kara Square Sat, Mar 21, 2020 @ 6:44 AM
Hello Cezary! Please post it here: http://ccmixter.org/forums/8

Please comment back here when it’s up and I’ll remove our comments on this thread.