Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » secret mixter helper tool

secret mixter helper tool

tigabeatz
permalink   Mon, Aug 19, 2019 @ 1:48 PM
hi there,

i love secrets mixing ;-). i feel that i spend most of the time browsing the assignes content.

to make it simpler to check the uploads from within a daw, i created a small download tool that downloads and unzips the uploads from a given username.

download link and manual are on the source code repository:

https://gitlab.com/tigabeatz/ccmclient

any feedback, collaboration requests, error messages are welcome.

cheers tigabeatz
shimoda
permalink   Mon, Aug 26, 2019 @ 5:45 PM
May have to try this out next time. Greets!
martinsea
permalink   Wed, Nov 6, 2019 @ 4:24 PM
very happy to have this tool, I don t know how much work would be needed and how many others might be interested,> i would like//especially with a prolific mixer //to just download zips, so that i just have stems. sure i don t have all their stems, b&c not all stems are zipped , but for my type of mixing that would be great.
cheers
and big thanks !
Martin

permalink   martinsea Wed, Nov 6, 2019 @ 11:23 PM
Tigabeats! Have now worked out how to do what I want ! Using the dryrun flag, i get a list of say a thousand tracks, I then filter this in a spreadsheet for “zip”, and there i have my list. Then I can go to the track, listen and decide whether to download the zip. Haven t done it yet, but that must surely work, will try this evening.Thanks again for the scraper. Uptil now I went thru the mixter’s pages, searching in my browser for “downloads”( b/c if it just says “download” there is only one file.) Cheers, Martin
bangcorrupt
permalink   Thu, Nov 7, 2019 @ 6:04 PM
This is the tool I was looking for :) thank you for making it.

Have you tried uploading files via the API?

I couldn’t get it working using HTTP POST requests, so I’m using Selenium, feels like overkill.

permalink   tigabeatz Thu, Nov 7, 2019 @ 11:02 PM
Quote: bangcorruptThis is the tool I was looking for :) thank you for making it.

Have you tried uploading files via the API?

I couldn’t get it working using HTTP POST requests, so I’m using Selenium, feels like overkill.

Thanks a lot! :-) Great that you can make use of the tool.
I did not try uploading, yet but i am thinking of making a sync client. something like [right clicking on a folder and synchronize it with your ccmixter profile/uploads]. —> maybe next year, when theres a new round of vacation/holidays… if its possible to upload via the api and ccm would be ok with that (i see many security issues an potential abuse).

cheers
tigabeatz