Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Site Will Be Temporarily Down: September 22

Site Will Be Temporarily Down: September 22

Kara Square
permalink   Tue, Sep 21, 2021 @ 12:18 PM
Hello ccMixter Community!

Tomorrow, September 22nd, ccMixter is moving to a new server. The estimated downtime is around 60 minutes. Within that time-frame, ccMixter websites will be unavailable (including Dig and TuneTrack). We will do our best to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Thank you for your patience!
ccMixter Admin Team

cube3
permalink   Wed, Sep 22, 2021 @ 2:09 PM
If you read this message, you are on the new server. Transfer completed.

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Sep 22, 2021 @ 2:30 PM
Thank you Sjef!!! Taking everything for a spin now! If anyone notices any bugs please email admin ASAP. Thank you!

permalink   Darkroom Wed, Sep 22, 2021 @ 2:32 PM
Thank you. That was a quick transfer.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Thu, Sep 23, 2021 @ 7:16 AM
Thanks cube3! Everything I’ve tried so far works…I’ll keep clicking on things throughout the day today. So far so good!

permalink   cube3 Thu, Sep 23, 2021 @ 7:22 AM
Great! Thanks for your Help!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Thu, Sep 23, 2021 @ 7:42 AM
the site seems to be loading a lot faster!

permalink   Kara Square Thu, Sep 23, 2021 @ 11:21 AM
Thank you so much sharing your time and expertise to make this happen. I am so grateful. 💗

permalink   GeeArtriasRose Fri, Sep 24, 2021 @ 1:22 PM
great, thank you

permalink   Darkroom Fri, Sep 24, 2021 @ 4:03 PM
One thing I notice is I keep getting logged out where as before it kept me logged in. It mainly says I am logged out when I click the ccMixter logo on the top. When I click on the We’re on a New Server message it still showed me logged in. I am using Chrome.

permalink   cube3 Sat, Sep 25, 2021 @ 4:12 AM
Quote: DarkroomOne thing I notice is I keep getting logged out where as before it kept me logged in. It mainly says I am logged out when I click the ccMixter logo on the top. When I click on the We’re on a New Server message it still showed me logged in. I am using Chrome.

Thanks for reporting this. I was able to reproduce it here. not sure what the solution is yet.

permalink   Apoxode Sat, Sep 25, 2021 @ 12:06 PM
I also noticed that the Syndication links are reporting this error:
“This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. ”

It then shows what appears to be the CSS code for the page.
This happens with both RSS and Atom.

permalink   cube3 Sun, Sep 26, 2021 @ 6:45 AM
Quote: ApoxodeI also noticed that the Syndication links are reporting this error:
“This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. ”

It then shows what appears to be the CSS code for the page.
This happens with both RSS and Atom.

Thank you, can you give the URL where this CSS is showing? So far when click on the Atom/Rss links I see XML in the correct format and no CSS. There is indeed no Style inforamtion for the XML file. Afaik, this has always been the case.

Thanks again for this observation.

permalink   Apoxode Mon, Sep 27, 2021 @ 2:45 PM
I’m not sure if you received my email with information for this issue.
Let me know if you prefer an alternate way of contacting you.

permalink   cube3 Tue, Sep 28, 2021 @ 12:47 AM
Quote: ApoxodeI’m not sure if you received my email with information for this issue.
Let me know if you prefer an alternate way of contacting you.

Thanks for getting badk to me, I wanted to read your message but the thread seemed to be deleted.

Sydication will provide RSS/Atom Readers with an XML file, if you have not installed an RSS reader in your browser it will show the behavior you see. As an example visit the https://www.cbs.nl/en-gb/rss-feeds
which will show that same behavior.

permalink   Apoxode Tue, Sep 28, 2021 @ 1:06 AM
Ah ha! I had no idea, that makes sense now.
I had no idea about that, I think what happened is that when I recently upgraded my browser, that is one of the things that got lost.

It’s my mistake, I jumped to conclusions without realizing the problem was on my end. Sorry, cube3, I didn’t mean to cause any trouble.

permalink   cube3 Tue, Sep 28, 2021 @ 3:41 AM
Quote: ApoxodeAh ha! I had no idea, that makes sense now.
I had no idea about that, I think what happened is that when I recently upgraded my browser, that is one of the things that got lost.

It’s my mistake, I jumped to conclusions without realizing the problem was on my end. Sorry, cube3, I didn’t mean to cause any trouble.

Hey no problem, we are bug hunting after all, there are some issues with the site here and there we are at 99.9% I think.

permalink   Apoxode Sat, Sep 25, 2021 @ 12:04 PM
I did some experimenting and found that you’re not actually being logged out. The main page,
http://ccmixter.org/
is misreporting the log in status.

With the exception of outside links like to twitter and dig.ccmixter, the “logged in” status is corrected by going to any other part of the main site.

EDIT
When you choose “log Out” it does in fact log you out and you’ll stay logged out when you go to other pages, and then when you log back in the error happens again.

permalink   cube3 Sat, Oct 2, 2021 @ 10:32 AM
Quote: ApoxodeI did some experimenting and found that you’re not actually being logged out. The main page,
http://ccmixter.org/
is misreporting the log in status.

With the exception of outside links like to twitter and dig.ccmixter, the “logged in” status is corrected by going to any other part of the main site.

EDIT
When you choose “log Out” it does in fact log you out and you’ll stay logged out when you go to other pages, and then when you log back in the error happens again.

This should now be fixed.

permalink   Speck Wed, Oct 6, 2021 @ 3:13 AM
I imagine it’s already known but just in case - the recommend button is still nonfunctional today (second day).

permalink   cube3 Wed, Oct 6, 2021 @ 6:59 AM
Quote: SpeckI imagine it’s already known but just in case - the recommend button is still nonfunctional today (second day).

Thank you all for reporting this. It has been fixed. long story short. We are looking to place a proxy server in front of the webserver. Helas this does not work, I think the local IP from the proxy server got blacklisted somehow, hence there was no possibility in voting.

The proxy server has been removed for now and the site is directly connected to the internet again. Seems like all tracks are up for votes again.

permalink   Speck Wed, Oct 6, 2021 @ 7:11 AM
Thank you.
ataun_taun
permalink   Thu, Sep 30, 2021 @ 12:36 PM
Anybody having trouble with downloads since new server move? I’m getting “Failed-Forbidden” message.
“This error means you don’t have permission to download this file from the server.To fix, go to the website where the file is hosted. Check if you need to sign in (or provide some other authentication). If you can’t sign in, contact the website or server owner”.

permalink   Kara Square Fri, Oct 1, 2021 @ 8:12 AM
Here’s a tutorial for how to download.

permalink   ataun_taun Thu, Oct 7, 2021 @ 8:47 PM
Hi all! Thank you for the replies. I was using http://dig.ccmixter.org/. The tutorial helped- I couldn’t just click download (as I was before), but right click Save As worked. Many thanks.

permalink   Kara Square Fri, Oct 8, 2021 @ 7:13 AM
Great! We’re glad that worked. Take care!

permalink   cube3 Sun, Oct 3, 2021 @ 9:07 AM
Quote: ataun_taunI’m getting “Failed-Forbidden” message.
“This error means you don’t have permission to download this file from the server.To fix, go to the website where the file is hosted. Check if you need to sign in (or provide some other authentication). If you can’t sign in, contact the website or server owner”.

Which website is giving you this error?

permalink   Apoxode Sun, Oct 3, 2021 @ 2:28 PM
I’m not sure this user will ever respond, but …
I also got a similar error message when the new server was first available.
Those errors haven’t happened again, and when they did, they weren’t consistent.
It wasn’t specific to a file type or upload number, and it only happened maybe 3 or 4 times.
That’s all I know about them.
I didn’t do any screen grabs because …
I figured it would go away once the log-in issue was sorted and …
it did.
I’ll definitely let you know if it ever happens again, though.
phande
permalink   Sat, Oct 2, 2021 @ 12:38 AM
Quote: Kara SquareHello ccMixter Community!

Tomorrow, September 22nd, ccMixter is moving to a new server. The estimated downtime is around 60 minutes. Within that time-frame, ccMixter websites will be unavailable (including Dig and TuneTrack). We will do our best to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Thank you for your patience!
ccMixter Admin Team

permalink   Radioontheshelf Sat, Oct 9, 2021 @ 12:15 AM
Since the changeover my main browser Safari downloads all sound files as HTML files instead of the audio file. This may just be Safari settings have changed for some reason as Firefox works OK. Thought I would let you know as it may have some relevancy to the move

permalink   Kara Square Tue, Oct 12, 2021 @ 12:11 PM
Hey Radioontheshelf, thanks for letting us know!

Please check out this tutorial on downloading and see if that’s how you do it on Safari: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r0LqtV0TQg

I can’t personally test what’s going on with my PC. Please let us know if that fixes the issue.