Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » The Mixin Kitchen

The Mixin Kitchen

SackJo22
admin
permalink   Wed, Jul 1, 2009 @ 10:52 AM
The Mixin Kitchen, my podcast/playlist/radio show, is now available for public consumption thanks to the efforts of the master of ccMixter, Victor Stone!

The Mixin Kitchen is a tasty musical feast featuring remixes harvested from ccMixter.org. Each episode will feature a different theme, with the first including songs that touch on the domestic (home, food, barbque, and of course, the kitchen!). I hope you’ll check it out, give it a listen, and subscribe to the podcast so you can have it delivered hot and fresh right to your player!

You can listen here: http://ccmixter.org/playlis...

or subscribe to the podcast: http://ccmixter.org/view/me...
Subliminal
permalink   Fri, Jul 3, 2009 @ 12:06 PM
I very much like MC Jack’s Cool Music Show and not only because he has played more tunes of mine than I deserve. ;-) But I think that it’s pretty cool to have more shows, especially when they are taking a different perspective. There is definitely more quality stuff available here at ccmixter than MC Jack can cover in his weekly show. And since your approach gives you the chance to delve into the archives, I get an even bigger chance to hear some stuff I have never heard before. Anyway, I guess what I wanted to say is

PS: I liked each and every one of the songs you chose to play. The only downside was that the show was too short (and ofcourse that’s a compliment). Looking forward to the next episode.

permalink   SackJo22 Fri, Jul 3, 2009 @ 1:42 PM
I am so happy to hear that you listened and enjoyed listening! ccMixter is an unbelievable resource with an abundance of talent, creativity and amazing music. It blows me away, everyday!
ScOmBer
permalink   Sun, Jul 5, 2009 @ 11:12 PM
Well done S for taking the time to curate.
VS has it in one predicting that in the future, the “curator” will take the place of that greedy faceless record company exec (lets hope so). Exciting! and BTW congrats on your first show. :-)

permalink   SackJo22 Wed, Jul 8, 2009 @ 3:30 PM
Thanks Scomber! It certainly is a pleasure to comb through the archives looking for tasty tracks. I hope you’ll stay tuned for the next round (Have you subscribed to the ccMixter podcast? If you do, you’ll get home delivery!)