Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Firefly Secret Mixter Event

Firefly Secret Mixter Event

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Sun, Aug 16, 2020 @ 9:21 PM

Welcome to the Firefly Secret Mixter Forum!

Anyone who’s participated in previous Secret Mixter events knows how exciting they are. And if this is your first time you’re in for a treat. Much like waiting for fireflies to start sparkling after a long hot summer day, secret mixters have a sense of anticipation that adds an extra charge to the music. And then all at once the lights go on and the playlist glows with new music.

For the Firefly Secret Mixter, we encourage participants to add the spark of bioluminescence to the production. Every artist, like a firefly, has a signature, a pattern that sends a signal out into the great wide open. See if you can resonate with that sound. Send your secret mixter a track that is alight with wonder and mystery. Translate nature’s calling into a new song.

You know, with all the darkness in our world, it help’s to remember, it is also aglow with life. Somewhere, their are fireflies lighting up the night sky. For the next month, you’ll know that somewhere, someone is remixing you. Ssssshhhh.

Fireflies alight in the dark, advertising a future they believe they have with the one they love.

Sign up by August 29. On August 30, assignments go out and remixing begins. Upload Day is September 13.

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Sun, Aug 16, 2020 @ 9:42 PM

permalink   Apoxode Mon, Aug 17, 2020 @ 3:00 AM
Gorgeous! … (you must share the secret on how to embed pix :)

permalink   spinningmerkaba Mon, Aug 17, 2020 @ 1:01 PM
Glad you liked it Apoxode.

Here is the bbc code for placing images and gifs into forum posts:

[img=]
[/img]

paste the url after the = sign

permalink   Apoxode Mon, Aug 17, 2020 @ 2:58 PM
Ah ha, makes perfect sense! Thank you kindly :)

permalink   spinningmerkaba Mon, Aug 17, 2020 @ 3:55 PM
np!

permalink   Apoxode Tue, Aug 18, 2020 @ 3:35 PM

permalink   spinningmerkaba Wed, Aug 19, 2020 @ 12:45 PM
thats awesome! hahaha! totally uplifting. lol
kthugha
permalink   Sun, Aug 30, 2020 @ 8:15 PM
in my time zone, assignments are due in 100 minutes. i’m not used to waiting this long in the day. somebody valium me…

permalink   Apoxode Mon, Aug 31, 2020 @ 3:26 AM
Sweet! I am digging the enthusiasm, this event will be Epic :)

permalink   spinningmerkaba Tue, Sep 1, 2020 @ 10:09 PM
I’m on Sierra Nevada time right now..telling time by the sunrises and sunsets.

We’re balancing each other out. Ha!
kthugha
permalink   Wed, Sep 9, 2020 @ 2:11 PM
is this the part where i get to brag because i finished early?! ;P

permalink   spinningmerkaba Wed, Sep 9, 2020 @ 2:16 PM
You get to sit on the porch and wait for everyone else to fill their jars up with lightening bugs!

permalink   Admiral Bob Sat, Sep 12, 2020 @ 6:54 AM
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Sun, Sep 13, 2020 @ 1:06 PM
Is it me or do these events just keep getting more satisfying?

Where I live, we can’t go outside today because the air is toxic due to wildfires. Spending the morning listening to so many expressive, contemplative, moving, powerful and uplifiting music is an especially welcome gift today.

I’ve been up since 7:00am (it’s now past 1:00pm) engaged in secret mixter activities — finishing up my remix, listening, responding to those kind enough to listen to my remix, following links embedded in your song descriptions …

I’m so grateful for this community. Thank you ccMixter. I LOVE YOU.

permalink   Apoxode Mon, Sep 14, 2020 @ 7:23 AM
Yes! I could not agree more, and we need gatherings like this ever more so in these dark times.

Oh, the smoke, it is relentless, we are fluctuating in the 200s and what was supposed to pass is apparently moving in for a longer stay :(

I am grateful for ccMixter, too, we need a healthy distraction from the apocalypse!