Deep Roots Remix Event
skip
Home » Forums » Parts Wanted » Who wants to be on vinyl?

Who wants to be on vinyl?

coruscate
permalink   Sun, Jan 12, 2020 @ 4:41 PM
I’m looking to put a few of my songs on a vinyl record. I’d also like to put some songs and samples from other people on ccmixter that would be great for scratching on it. This includes a few CCMixter promo statements.

If you don’t do turntablism at all, that’s fine. You also don’t need to be a hip hop focused person. I just want to do this with people that will honestly pay for their own copy of the record. Because that’s the easy catch, we will all order our albums individually. From separate companies if needed. Whether it’s just one other collaborator or three plus…

This also means there’s no weird accounts and I’m not asking anyone for cash. Just the commitment to order your copy and be jazzed about it.

I could do this on my own, but I want to make this fun and have at least one collaborator if not more.

So for $45, I don’t know what the shipping is, we get 18 minutes per side on this one vinyl deal. It is a twelve inch.

If all I have is one collaborator I would like each one of us to get a full side.

if that’s the case, I would like to suggest we put one to two songs that we choose on the album, and then we remix a song by the other person on the same side and then use the rest of it to select samples that we want to be able to scratch.

I will either pay for, or make the album art myself and include you in the design.

Everything on the album must be Creative Commons attribution 3.0.

—————

I will be putting Ivan Chew’s Ehru samples on here along with Admiral Bob’s can’t hold it back vocal samples. I was considering putting Bob on here anyway, but since he loves turntablism he really should be on this album.

————
https://intheclouds.io/collections/make-your-own-custom-vinyl-records/products/design-vinyl
tigabeatz
permalink   Tue, Jan 14, 2020 @ 9:28 AM
neat idea. ;-) do you know if they provide any technical mastering for the vinyl cut? afaik there is a plenty of things to take care of to get a good sounding vinyl (like bass compatibilty)

permalink   coruscate Tue, Jan 14, 2020 @ 9:42 AM
I don’t think they offer that service, but there’s no reason that you couldn’t get a sound file mastered and then just use the mastered sound file on the vinyl

permalink   coruscate Tue, Jan 14, 2020 @ 9:43 AM
Mind you “they” is just this one company. Other record lathe companies might.

permalink   martinsea Mon, Feb 17, 2020 @ 1:29 AM
Hi, I believe tigabeatz is right, as per

https://www.gottagroovereco...

I found a list of vinyl masterers and this one seems one of the cheapest.

http://www.aardvarkmasterin...

But there we d have to find a way to share the costs of the mastering.
Cheers, Martin

permalink   coruscate Thu, Feb 20, 2020 @ 6:16 PM
I haven’t forgotten about this and still want to do it. I mean I can scratch digitally… But I want a record. Especially if we all collab.

permalink   martinsea Fri, Feb 21, 2020 @ 3:20 AM
sounds good, i am certainly in, and would purchase. And if more people are involved, i would maybe share costs of mastering or similar.
Best, Martin