Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » You ever discovered something you didn't know you could do?

You ever discovered something you didn't know you could do?

Admiral Bob
permalink   Fri, Feb 22, 2019 @ 10:29 AM
Discussion starter….

OK for me two things:

I can read music, and I didn’t know it. I always assumed I couldn’t. Then a few years ago, I started doing gigs that involved standard notation. I stared at the sheet music hopelessly but then realized I got it. Whole notes, half notes, dotted half notes, quarter, eight, sixteenths. Key signatures. EGBDF - I had it all. I’d learned it as a child in music lessons, and I didn’t realize that I never lost it.

Pitch memory: I can start singing a song, and then jump in on the guitar and piano, and I’m in key. It is a neat parlour trick, and I only learned a few years I can do it… like being double jointed.

Anyone have any cool tricks you didn’t know you could do, and then discovered you could?
Ivan Chew
permalink   Tue, Feb 26, 2019 @ 9:57 PM
I’d say no. Maybe the ability to unconsciously keep to the measure of a song when I’m coming up with melodies. But then I think most people are able to do that anyway.
BeatMachine
permalink   Fri, May 15, 2020 @ 3:10 AM
i was sick 4 a week_ now my vox range iz 1.5 tones lower., im 5’5 and sound like BARRY WHITE NOW

rolf

the greatest day of my life was t1
when i played a note in a jam
and it was the ‘right one’
when yr jamming w peep
y is the key of the song always a
(classified secret)
“we dont have time to figure out what we are playing b4 we play it”
oh oh (rant)