Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Parts Wanted » about spoken word accapella's and poems

about spoken word accapella's and poems

Platinum Butterfly
permalink   Thu, Sep 26, 2013 @ 6:15 AM
I like to use some spoken word poems or other spoken word vocals. Subject doesn’t realy matter, but i prefer the not-so-political stuff.
The only thing with those accapella’s is, people make whole books of it and have texts of about 3 minutes. When you have to arrange a track or song around something like that, songs will get very long.
My question is for some accapella’s with not so quite long spoken word vocals but for about 30 sec to one minute.
Anyone profiding me with these i am very thankful.

greets Frank
IDzeroNo
permalink   Sat, Oct 5, 2013 @ 11:04 PM
When would you need them?

permalink   Platinum Butterfly Sun, Oct 6, 2013 @ 3:42 AM
hi

there is no deadline or so, it’s just for my stuff here on ccmixter. i asked this cause it seems i’m out of the shorter pella’s and only the longer ones remain, wich i cannot do so much with

greets Frank
economix
permalink   Mon, Oct 14, 2013 @ 1:35 AM
I guess this is political, but somebody might like it.

“ALL THE STOPS” by Hamish Darby. Creative Commons 3.0 Universal Waiver

New music is better than old
Move over Bethoven, so I’m told
Store bought music is better than free
Talent ain’t learned, don’t grow on trees
No Maam, don’t jump that fence
You ain’t the star, you’re the audience.

Why cage bird got them wings?
Why do think they can sing?
What kinda music can be owned?
Think you got rythm in ya bones?

Why learn an instrument?
Copying is violent
Is your Bandwidth too narrow?
Here, buy this radio
Dubstep beats Waltz and rap is trumps
Just follow the ad’s to where the flesh pumps
Listen with your eye balls
Hang out at the right malls

Why cage bird got them wings?
Why do think they can sing?
What kinda music can be owned?
Think you got rythm in ya bones?
economix
permalink   Wed, Oct 23, 2013 @ 1:43 PM
Speaking vocalist wanted. “Alice: Through a Kazoo” (verse libre after Lewis Carroll)
by Hamish Darby (No righs reserved) Licensed under Creative Commons 3-0 Universal Waiver

Alice picked herself up and looked around. The only light entered by a hole in the ceiling through which she had fallen. Through the gloom she saw a table and beyond it a tiny door. The door was only as high as her ankle. It was clearly marked ‘EXIT’. “Oh, dear!”, said Alice, “I am much too big to pass through that door, and I shall remain prisoner here forever”. A voice asked if she was big enough to read. She wasn’t sure if she had heard the voice or imagined it. Then she saw some objects on the table. Her eyes were getting accustomed to the darkness. There was a large brass wing-nut key. The kind used to wind clocks and toys. Beside it was a small lacquer box with a key hole on top. Neatly painted around the box were the words ‘Play me’. Alice wound the box and the mechanism inside produced a whirring twinlky melody she half recognized. As she listened, she became aware that her perspective on the table was changing and realized she was physically shrinking. Before long she was too small to see over the table and instead, ran through the legs of the table and through the door, before the chance was lost. She hesitated on the other side of the threshold, but the door had already locked behing her. She had entered a cavernous space with high walls and no roof. She would obviously need to be enormous enough to climb out. Sounds of escape burbled within her, but she wouldm’t give them her pretty voice. What she saw next took her breath away and pleased her very much at the same instant. The entire floor was covered with markings. At first she was puzzled by them, until she realized they were up-side down. She turned around to face the door and looked down again. The entire floor was enscribed with a giant poem. Her toes were against the title ‘Sing Me’.