Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » The courtesy of recommending

The courtesy of recommending

Wired Ant
permalink   Sat, Mar 16, 2013 @ 7:08 AM
I notice an increase of using stems and pellas by musicians without recommending the used samples!
I wonder if anyone would use material that he doesn´t like respectively recommends. Maybe I am oldfashioned but I assume recommending samples I use as a natural good manner and courtesy!
Clarence Simpson
permalink   Sat, Mar 16, 2013 @ 8:36 PM
Pretty much without exception I try to recommend any sample I use. Though, I have almost forgotten a few times because I sometimes wait to recommend until after I post my remix (especially important for secrecy reasons in secret mixter events)

permalink   Wired Ant Sun, Mar 17, 2013 @ 6:57 AM
Waiting to recommend in case of a secret mixter events makes sense and sure everybody will forget one or two times to recommend but this is not intentionally!
I am annoyed by these folks just don´t care for this nearly in every mix! And then it is not a slip of the keyboard or thumb, but a bad attitude!
Thanks for your reply Clarence!
timberman
permalink   Sun, Mar 17, 2013 @ 11:14 AM
Giving away material that inspires others to make music, material that someone uses in a composition certainly qualifies for a recommendation. I fully agree with you. The opposite really is quite self-centered.

permalink   Wired Ant Sun, Mar 17, 2013 @ 1:40 PM
Glad you are with me! Thanks timberman!
unreal_dm
permalink   Mon, Mar 18, 2013 @ 1:09 PM
I totally agree with you just common courtesy to do so, although I’ve probably missed a few unintentionally.

permalink   Citizen C Mon, Mar 18, 2013 @ 11:54 PM
Quote: unreal_dmI totally agree with you just common courtesy to do so, although I’ve probably missed a few unintentionally. I agree! and sometimes don’t breakdown the track in stems. I noticed also that CCmixters dig site does not credit the colaborators i email the folks that use the tracks and give them the name(s)of the colaborators. Thanks
Rey Izain
permalink   Wed, Mar 20, 2013 @ 4:25 AM
Good points and until today I was at fault as I only had it listed to go and recommend downloads I had utilised in remixes…but I imagine many people download alot of material that they do not utilise with the intention of recommending IF they utilise the tracks/stems/acapellas. I, for one, will now recommend all things I download. To this end, perhaps a simple note on the download pop-up screen that asks users to show appropriate courtesy and recommend their downloads would be a worthwhile starting point.

Also I’m a relative newbie here at CCM and it’s taking me time getting up to speed on certain things so perhaps a guide by some of the more knowledgeable and established members would also be a fantastic addition. Familiarity tends to breed the idea that it is obvious for everyone when in fact the look and feel of a new website can be distinctly alien to many new users.

Just my initial thoughts to add to the pot ;)

permalink   Wired Ant Fri, Mar 22, 2013 @ 3:48 AM
Well - everybody needs some time to get accustomed to new things! You have been fast and you do it well!!!
Thanks a lot for your contribution!

permalink   Rey Izain Sat, Mar 23, 2013 @ 11:08 PM
Quote: Wired AntThanks a lot for your contribution!
Thank you sir ;)