Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Audio Interface...

Audio Interface...

TheDICE
permalink   Sat, Mar 2, 2013 @ 5:08 AM
I need a suggestion about a purchase… i’m going to buy an audio interface for better ASIO driver and external audio processing. For the moment i’m using the audio hardware built in the motherboard (P5KC). So anything should be better.

I know these are entry level devices, but for me it’s enough.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

Creative E-MU 0204

I’m using a windows PC,
thanks in advance…
Wired Ant
permalink   Sat, Mar 2, 2013 @ 3:16 PM
Hi Francesco,
I read some reviews in magazines like Sound&Recording about the Focusrite and they stated this is a good solid device. The included Software (Ableton LIVE 8 Lite!) is very alright!
A big advantage for easy handling are the mic/line inputs at the front!
It would be my choice!
Auguri signore !!!

permalink   TheDICE Sat, Mar 2, 2013 @ 4:23 PM
thx wired ant for your suggestion. I trust you! :) Ordered the focusrite scarlett.
Quarkstar
permalink   Sun, Mar 3, 2013 @ 1:50 PM
I am using a Beringer UCA202, I am not saying to use that particular device, but it was cheap, works well and encourages me that their higher end equipment is good.
Behringer

permalink   TheDICE Mon, Apr 1, 2013 @ 10:34 AM
thank you very much for your advice. In the end, I bought that focusrite scarlett cause the vst driver is excellent. I use a lot of vst.

permalink   Quarkstar Mon, Apr 1, 2013 @ 10:42 AM
Once you have used it a bit, please let us know what you think.

permalink   TheDICE Mon, Apr 1, 2013 @ 11:12 AM
I have it from 2 weeks. It’s really amazing for it’s price (about 130 euro).
Before using scarlett some “heavy” projects were in a latency of 1000+ms with asio4all and an old sblaster live (often i needed to render to listen normally… too much sound lag with many heavy instruments)

Now with the scarlett (with about 4gb vst and samples playing) i have always from 10 ~ 40 ms, an huge enhancement! i can finally play my keyboard while playing a mix in real time :D lol maybe for mostly of you, this is normal :)

apart from the sound processor, there’s 2 very good linein/microphone preamplifiers xlr-jack combo, wich i don’t use often, but this is the best part of the soundcard, i read this in various reviews… plus 3 good focusirite vsts: a comp, an eq, and another one i dont remember :D

anyway i believe that was a great purchase ;)

permalink   Wired Ant Tue, Apr 2, 2013 @ 7:53 PM
And I am very happy this device didnĀ“t dissapointed you (otherwise I had to quit ccmixter ;-)

permalink   TheDICE Wed, Apr 3, 2013 @ 5:51 PM
lol :D no, no… was really a deal.
Thank you again for your useful help!
Doxent Zsigmond
permalink   Sun, Mar 10, 2013 @ 1:07 PM
I plan to get ESI Maya 44 in some unspecified future. I heard it’s an awesome card though pricey a bit. My plans are Zoom H4N portable audio recorder but dunno which one to buy first. Guess Zoom is more versatile and I can take it away from my PC that makes noise.

permalink   TheDICE Mon, Apr 1, 2013 @ 10:52 AM
That hardware you suggested was an excellent alternative. For the moment i will use a scarlett 2i2 and a pair of KRK.

the zoom h4n mic seems awesome. I don’t need to record, but was interesting to discover. Thanks for your advice.

permalink   Wired Ant Tue, Apr 2, 2013 @ 7:55 PM
KRK active monitors? The mine are the best I ever had! Still in use!

permalink   TheDICE Wed, Apr 3, 2013 @ 5:47 PM
yes krk rokit5. I agree with you, superb stuff… now i can finally hear well the mix!