Watch the Songbirds Event Livestream Replay
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Your CC-NC music may be for sale on Amazon Mp3

Your CC-NC music may be for sale on Amazon Mp3

ScOmBer
permalink   Tue, Feb 26, 2013 @ 3:00 PM
Hey CCmixters, stumbled upon this guy trying to sell heaps of CCM music on Amazon

Is there an easy way to get this joker to pull it down?
There’s no obvious takedown/violation link on the Amazon site.
ScOmBer
permalink   Tue, Feb 26, 2013 @ 3:05 PM
On further investigation, they all seem to be CC-BY, so I guess he can sell them without permision, but the attribution is not too flash.

permalink   Speck Wed, Feb 27, 2013 @ 7:04 AM
That is interesting, and kinda creepy. I see there’s a ‘review’ button there. How about if you write a review stating that you’re one of the actual artists on their CD, and they’re not. Let any prospective buyers know that it’s free stuff co-opted from ccMixter.
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   Speck Wed, Feb 27, 2013 @ 10:42 AM
You make a good case for never uploading CC-BY.
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   Speck Wed, Feb 27, 2013 @ 11:08 AM
Quote: colab…a good case for using “CC-BY” with the right knowledge of the license, and the right charitable intent.But but but… that doesn’t seem to be the case before the court today your honor.

permalink   SackJo22 Wed, Feb 27, 2013 @ 8:36 AM
Thanks for posting this Gary. I will let the admin team know. Licenses are clearly being violated as there is no proper attribution.

Meanwhile, I suggest you post a review busting this guy. I intend to do so right now.

permalink   annabloom Sat, Apr 13, 2013 @ 5:04 PM
Here they come again - Alex Beroza is BY-NC, haven’t checked the others yet

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Apr 15, 2013 @ 7:51 PM
We’re working on solutions and ideas for solutions. And with this Amazon issue, we’re trying to increase awareness of license types and proper Attribution. All sorts of folks on YouTube aren’t Attributing properly and/or using CC BY NC commercially, etc. YouTube has been a difficult nut to crack, but I’ve met with the YouTube guys in Google three times on this issue so far. Will update soon.