Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » download stats

download stats

Platinum Butterfly
permalink   Tue, Feb 19, 2013 @ 11:31 AM
I’m about two years on ccmixter and one of the things wich gives me kind of an unsatisfied feeling is that when i have uploaded a track, there are first some recommendments and some reviews, and most of the time then that’s it.

It would be a nice feature to have people being able to have a look in their own download stats, so not public shared stats, cause that would make it into a match to be the most downloaded track or so, but private stats, so people at least can see there is some attention for tracks.

Nowadays it is feeling my track list is some kind of a track gravejard where i never again will know if someone on this world likes it.

For most artists tracks are like a kind of their own children, and to see them all get dusty in a long list where i have no vision on downloads or streams is kind of sad i think for such a great site as ccmixter is.

I hope someone can explain me why this is, it would be an wonderful feature and i’m very curious why it isn’t there.

greetz Frank
Super_Sigil
permalink   Wed, Feb 20, 2013 @ 12:00 PM
I know what you mean. However, there is the dig thing they have. I’ve seen tracks that I posted nearly two years ago being used on youtube, so it’s still out there and stumbled upon. you never know. i also sample things that go back to when this site was first started.