Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » License change? Now I delete

License change? Now I delete

Javolenus
permalink   Tue, Jan 15, 2013 @ 12:42 PM
Don’t know if this is the right place to post this message (because I can’t see a relevant place in the forum index) so here goes:

Basically, I just noticed that my last few uploads were automatically published with a “zero” license, in which “the artist waives all rights”. I don’t remember this happening before. Anyway, I thought I’d just change the license but discovered there is apparently no way to do this. I’m sure I once changed a license-type before, but now I can’t. I tried several times but could not find a way to edit the license. Also, how come my stuff suddenly appears under this new license in which I am basically “waiving all rights” — I mean, why would anyone want to do that? And how come you can’t change it? Only alternative is to “unpublish”/delete those uploads because I don’t want to “waive all rights” to original songs.

I guess it’s partly my fault for not noticing the license-type when actually uploading, but I’d kinda got used to what I thought was the “default” license setting. Anyway., I’m not pleased that I’ve had stuff online for several days that I’m basically “disowning” by default. Probably won’t upload anymore.
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   Javolenus Tue, Jan 15, 2013 @ 1:37 PM
Hi colab and thanks for the quick response. I should have noticed at the time of uploading and could kick myself that I didn’t. I tried again to edit the licenses but couldn’t and so I have deleted — it affected the last four or five tracks I uploaded. It wouldn’t be a big deal for something like a drum groove but for complete songs it’s bad news — the stuff has been up for a few days and Goodness knows what’s happened to it by now (hopefully, probably, nothing — but I just don’t know). It’s a shame there was no failsafe like a message that says “Do you REALLY want to waive all rights?”
AT
permalink   Tue, Jan 15, 2013 @ 6:19 PM
Hey you two, how are you both?

I think Javo that the reason your past few uploads were cc Zero was because they used the jaspertine sample that was cc Zero licensed. I believe the remix just defaults to the same cc license as the sample used.
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   Javolenus Tue, Jan 15, 2013 @ 11:16 PM
Yes, that seems reasonable and likely, as the tracks concerned did feature the jaspertine sample. The website probably did give me the option to change my license but I missed that for some reason and unwittingly agreed to the jaspertine-sample-default. Many thanks for the quick and helpful responses. I’ll be more careful next time.