Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Features » as a counter for accapella's to use, load up instrumentals

as a counter for accapella's to use, load up instrumentals

Platinum Butterfly
permalink   Fri, Jan 11, 2013 @ 8:31 AM
Hi there,

I wanted to know what the philosphy is about us not being able to load up whole instrumental tracks, cause they will be deleted, while when singers are in the need for some inspiration they can use such things very well.
When a instrumental track leaves enough room for singers it is usable, but since they will be deleted nothing can ever come from that.
My opinion on that is, that when a singer can listen to an instrumental several times without first having to combine lots of samples the flow of accapella’s will be increased, when we make it a requirement to load up a seperate accapella if an instrumental is used. I think it will increase when it is not even a requirement.

I’m not sure if what i mean is clear in this post, but i hope i have opened a discussion about it.

greetz PB
Kara Square
permalink   Sat, Jan 12, 2013 @ 10:34 AM
Many people do upload instrumentals with the hope that singers will find them. They are uploaded with the ‘Submit Samples’ form. The requirement for this type of upload is that all of the instrumental’s stems must be included (usually in a zip, but some folks upload individual mp3s). I feel like this is the best of both worlds. The requirement of stems makes the instrumental user-friendly for remixers AND vocalists. And for the vocalists who are not as skilled at mixing- they can use the pre-mixed instrumental. Unreal_DM uploads a lot of instrumentals like this- I’ve used a lot of them as inspiration for pellas. For example, here’s one of Unreal_Dm’s instrumental w/ stems. Here’s what it inspired. Is this the sort of thing you mean?

permalink   Platinum Butterfly Sat, Jan 12, 2013 @ 1:32 PM
this is not exactly what i mean, on the samples submission page is a line that fully mixed tracks will be deleted without any notice, my interpretation can be wron but when i load up an instumental i have fully mixed i see it as a fully mixed track, and my bother with that is that it is not exactly clear what is meant with that.

I would gladly load up instumentals with all stems, cause it gives a vocalist the freedom to sort out the best final mix and neglect some channels wich conlflict with singing, but my understanding of the form was that my track would be deleted.

after your reply things are getting a bit clear for me

so i can load up an instrumental unless i give all the stems with it.

thats nice, you made my day with your expanation.

thanks!

Frank

permalink   Kara Square Sun, Jan 13, 2013 @ 9:59 AM
I see how the submission form can be confusing. However, there is also this line to help clarify:
You are encouraged to make a collection of samples, convert them to MP3 or FLAC, and upload them together in archive format (ZIP), however sound files are accepted as well.

Soooo… as long as you include all of the samples, you’re cool. The fully mixed track is considered a preview track. And really, it is necessary to include a preview so folks hear what’s in the sample pack and want to use it. It will not be deleted as long as all of the stems are there.

I’m glad to help, Frank!! Take care!

permalink   tacet Sun, Jan 20, 2013 @ 2:13 PM
Hey Frank, all you need to do is find a riff or sample on ccMixter that fits your song’s vibe (and the license you want) and include it in your mix.

Your mix then becomes a remix…problem solved.

permalink   Platinum Butterfly Sun, Jan 20, 2013 @ 2:29 PM
that’s not what i meant, that part i know of, but i want to make some instrumentals as an underground for singers as begin for a track, just to see what people make of it. But anyway when you read kara’s reply you can see that it was my mistake to think i couldn,t.

thanks anyway :)