Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Deleting yourself from ccMixter in one easy step?

Deleting yourself from ccMixter in one easy step?

Javolenus
permalink   Tue, Sep 25, 2012 @ 11:50 AM
Hi. Is there any way to delete all your uploads in one easy step or do you have to do it individually? Thanks in advance if anyone replies.
AT
permalink   Tue, Sep 25, 2012 @ 4:48 PM
Quote: JavolenusHi. Is there any way to delete all your uploads in one easy step or do you have to do it individually? Thanks in advance if anyone replies.

Now why would you want to go and do a thing like that—-feeling a bit low about making music?
My two pennies worth—Ive felt like doing the same on many occasions but when most of the time I realize that its just me thinking way too much. Your contributions here have bought enjoyment to many people, they’ve inspired folks to create something and play along so why make all that go away?
Plus even if you delete all your uploads the remixes that used your samples will still be on here and maybe quite a few other sites—so you’ll never fully disappear ;)
I have quietly listened to many of your samples and I will miss them should they go away.

permalink   Javolenus Fri, Sep 28, 2012 @ 3:42 AM
Thanks for this—much appreciated. Best wishes to you.
ScOmBer
permalink   Tue, Sep 25, 2012 @ 5:30 PM
I agree with audiotechnica.
I’ve also often contemplated pulling down some of my earlier stuff (289 remix uploads yikes!)
Some of it (read most of it) makes me cringe now, but there’s nothing more liberating than running through the virtual neighbourhood butt naked, letting it all hang out.
Killing an old upload only makes sense if you are planning to give it a fresh attempt.
Your stuff is cool and a great contribution to the ccM ecosystem.
Don’t delete!

permalink   Javolenus Fri, Sep 28, 2012 @ 3:42 AM
Thanks for this—much appreciated. Best wishes to you.
Admiral Bob
permalink   Wed, Sep 26, 2012 @ 7:47 AM
The only way I know of is to actually delete the account.

Remember that deleting files results in orphaning remixes and crippling peoples’ attribution to you. We really prefer people not do it, unless there is a super compelling reason.

permalink   Javolenus Fri, Sep 28, 2012 @ 3:43 AM
Many thanks for this. OK, I’ll leave the stuff where it is. Thanks again for the info.