Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » "Contact user" character count not working correctly.

"Contact user" character count not working correctly.

Bob Noble
permalink   Sat, Feb 25, 2012 @ 9:08 PM
I tried to contact a user but the character count tells me “This can not be longer then 1000 characters”.

The total number of characters used in my message is 988 which is lower than the maximum.

Can anyone confirm this?

-Bob
timberman
permalink   Sun, Feb 26, 2012 @ 9:26 AM
In most (if not all) cases on the Internet, the spaces (between the words) are counted as characters as well. Did you include those in your count?

permalink   Bob Noble Sun, Feb 26, 2012 @ 9:40 AM
Quote: timbermanIn most (if not all) cases on the Internet, the spaces (between the words) are counted as characters as well. Did you include those in your count?

Yep, I sure did :-)

permalink   timberman Sun, Feb 26, 2012 @ 9:51 AM
Allrightie, then someone of the Admins will have to step in and I’m sure they will.
Admiral Bob
permalink   Mon, Feb 27, 2012 @ 6:13 AM
You’re going to have to reduce the size of your message. Or perhaps split it into two parts.

A lot of things count as characters. A line return actually counts as two characters typically (a carriage return and newline character are common in many operating systems.)

Some exotic unicode characters are double byte, and count as two as well.

permalink   Bob Noble Mon, Feb 27, 2012 @ 7:45 AM
Quote: Admiral BobYou’re going to have to reduce the size of your message. Or perhaps split it into two parts.

A lot of things count as characters. A line return actually counts as two characters typically (a carriage return and newline character are common in many operating systems.)

Some exotic unicode characters are double byte, and count as two as well.

Okay, thanks… I usually use UTF-8 when working and didn’t think of that.

As long as I know it is just me *BG* I can adapt ;-)

All the best.
-Bob (another Bob *BG*)
rashmichaudhary
permalink   Fri, Aug 31, 2018 @ 2:00 AM
Thank you . i’m also looking for the same.