Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Yes, we know ratings/recommends are off

Yes, we know ratings/recommends are off

victor
permalink   Fri, Nov 6, 2009 @ 1:46 PM
One of the casualties, temporarily, is that ratings/recommending has been temporarily turned off.

It should be back on later today.
kthugha
permalink   Fri, Nov 6, 2009 @ 1:58 PM
ya know, part of me wonders whether the recommends should come back. Constructive feedback can be delivered via reviews, without an artist feeling the need to harvest the highest recommends tally… or maybe i’m just bitter. ;)

permalink   victor Fri, Nov 6, 2009 @ 2:02 PM
I’m loath to shut down a topic but, oh, please let’s not have this conversation again

permalink   Loveshadow Fri, Nov 6, 2009 @ 4:59 PM
You know what, ? I think we should keep the recommends but when they come back can you make a barometer type feature at the side of each remix page that fills up with each recommend you get. Then when it gets to say 10 a fanfare starts and pink flowers explode all over the page and float down to the bottom of the screen. Then a small pixie with a wheel barrow comes on and sweeps them up into his barrow. ( You could morph your head onto him if you like. ) When the barrow is full he wheels it off screen and shouts `Nice mix Fella ’ just as he goes off. What do you think ?
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   wolf sebastian Fri, Nov 6, 2009 @ 10:17 PM
rainbows. unicorns. pixies. fluttering flowers. sounds ideal to me :)

permalink   Loveshadow Sat, Nov 7, 2009 @ 3:07 AM
I think that’s a good idea the Rainbow , as it totally symbolizes the site i.e the unity of our many invisible colours shining forth from a single source of energy and joining as one in a forever arcing continuous force of nature.

Either that or some Bikini pictures of Pamela Anderson ?

permalink   AIR_LOMEG Sat, Nov 7, 2009 @ 4:14 AM
All suggestions made are great, but could from now on every new submitted upload start of with lets say a 30 automatic given recommendations? …as an expression of gratitude for all that is legally stolen, re-mixed and shared again… and as a statement that ccMixter’s not a competitive but an including environment praising free creativity and supporting their members as a community. All ‘handcrafted’ recommendations would then add to the previous given 30, still having it transparent what and whom we like bestest.
btw: i’d prefer the recommendation-level reward to in addition include an audio of ‘yes, we can’ and/or ‘it’s typical for ccMixters to be good’ etc.
regards, b.k.

permalink   victor Sat, Nov 7, 2009 @ 4:17 AM
what sound does a unicorn make?

permalink   Loveshadow Sat, Nov 7, 2009 @ 4:51 AM
a horny one !

permalink   Loveshadow Sat, Nov 7, 2009 @ 4:53 AM
` whom we like bestest ’

That could be a new category at the Oscars !

permalink   lo tag blanco Sat, Nov 7, 2009 @ 10:33 AM
Hey, ratings/reccomends are on!

permalink   Loveshadow Sat, Nov 7, 2009 @ 4:03 PM
They must have paid the bill !
gurdonark
permalink   Fri, Nov 6, 2009 @ 2:36 PM
That’s exactly the right way to title this topic. Thanks!
Speck
permalink   Sat, Nov 7, 2009 @ 11:31 AM
Are notifications also off? I submitted my email address on the ‘opt out’ page. It shows on my ‘edit your profile’ page. But I see there have been new uploads by people I used to get notified of as well as new reviews of my newest upload, and I’ve not received any email notifications.

permalink   victor Sat, Nov 7, 2009 @ 11:52 AM
look in your spam folder for mail from artistechmedia.com

permalink   Speck Sat, Nov 7, 2009 @ 12:07 PM
Nothing there.

permalink   victor Sat, Nov 7, 2009 @ 12:48 PM
I just sent you private e-mail, did you get it?