Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » New to site-study on ccMixter.....!

New to site-study on ccMixter.....!

brandon4us
permalink   Thu, Apr 16, 2009 @ 1:15 PM
Hey! So, not real sure what to put as the title, but I am interested in music, copyright/law, and I’m also in school so I figured I would do an extensive ethnographic study pertaining to this site. I am really interested in the discussions everyone’s thoughts about how the people on the this site interact…maybe you have some feedback? I’ve noticed that the reviewers, posters, etc. are very positive and respect the others’ users so far.
I plan to contribute some remixes of my own, but I’m not real good at it yet so it’ll take me some time. I’m really impressed with some of the music on the site. Maybe you have some of the longtime users could help me identify some of the common themes on the site?

Thanks so much!
teru
permalink   Thu, Apr 16, 2009 @ 2:30 PM
Quote: brandon4us Maybe you have some of the longtime users could help me identify some of the common themes on the site?

I’m not sure what you mean by themes. Could you give an example?

And yeah, post some music. That way it’s not so creepy when you’re watching us. ; )

permalink   brandon4us Fri, Apr 17, 2009 @ 9:27 AM
Yeah, I’ll get there. Like I said I’m new to the mixing thing and I don’t have great equipment but I have some nice instruments.

As far as an example of a theme, it may be something like the unwritten consensus that this site doesn’t serve as a promotional tool for crappy bands, but that it is more contributory solo work left for sharing. Or maybe the fact that your ADMINS ask for help from users to fix any ‘BUGS’—it’s indicative of a really open community. I’m sure I’ll learn more as I spend more time on the site…

Thanks so much for the quick response!

permalink   teru Fri, Apr 17, 2009 @ 11:17 AM
You’re welcome.

Quote: brandon4us Or maybe the fact that your ADMINS ask for help from users to fix any ‘BUGS’—it’s indicative of a really open community.

You can thank this guy for that. He’s Santa. The rest of us are reindeer and elves. : )

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Fri, Apr 17, 2009 @ 11:33 AM
or he’s willy wonka and the rest of us are oompa loompas :)

permalink   victor Fri, Apr 17, 2009 @ 1:17 PM
yea yea

meanwhile, since you ask, the full core-dump of the ideas behind the site are in the memoir. (yes, it will be on the test…)

permalink   brandon4us Tue, Apr 28, 2009 @ 12:22 PM
read the memoir and it is probably exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much! Good writing and very insightful!

permalink   spinmeister Fri, Apr 17, 2009 @ 5:34 PM
he goes manamana and we go doot doot :-)