Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » SyntaxError?

SyntaxError?

AT
permalink   Mon, Dec 29, 2008 @ 8:35 PM
This is probably just an issue on my end but everytime I switch pages I get a popup that says-
cchost.js (5): SyntaxError: syntax error

As I have no idea what this means I’m just letting you know—-thanks
spinmeister
permalink   Mon, Dec 29, 2008 @ 11:37 PM
Hi AT!
Try reloading the page in your browser. And if that doesn’t seem to help, try to clear your browser’s cache. At least that seems to help these kinds of problems most of the time. :-)
essesq
permalink   Tue, Dec 30, 2008 @ 5:37 PM
I get something similar, although sometimes it clears itself. As Spin says, reloading the page will usually make it go away, or just click on virtually anything else. My general rule with all computing problems is: 1. click something else, 2. right click something, 3. Reload page/part of program, 4. Restart computer, 5. Consult manuals, 6. Locate someone who knows what they are doing :-). Lucky for you, step six showed up :-).

permalink   AT Tue, Dec 30, 2008 @ 7:33 PM
Yeah Its good to use step six when you can—-cos my step seven involves alcohol and large hammers—
step 8=regret
step 9=buy a new one.
Thanks Spin
victor
permalink   Wed, Dec 31, 2008 @ 2:52 PM
There are some timing issues on the listing pages on slower connections/machines. It’s been hard to recreate and therefore debug but I’ll be working on tracking them down (again) in the near future.

Again, this message can pop up when you are either a slow (e.g. older) machine or on a very slow connection.

Sorry about that,
VS

permalink   DJ Rkod Thu, Jan 1, 2009 @ 1:31 AM
Just for reference (I have a dialup connection) this happens pretty frequently to me when I don’t let a page load completely and then click on a link. It seems totally harmless since the link still loads and doesn’t happen if you load the entire page.

permalink   victor Thu, Jan 1, 2009 @ 1:38 AM
yup, that’s a good observation - although I’m not convinced that all the functionality is there once you get that popup message. Again I need to recreate the ‘slow’ environment to make sure I understand what’s up.

permalink   AT Thu, Jan 1, 2009 @ 9:45 PM
Hey no worries—-I’ll just slow down a bit and let my poor old computer catch up—out of all the things that could go wrong this is certainly one I can live with—thanks as always.