Deep Roots Remix Event
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » Video Friendly DAWs?

Video Friendly DAWs?

victor
permalink   Tue, Sep 9, 2008 @ 3:05 AM
I’ve lost track of what DAWs are video friendly so I’ll start off :

I’m pretty sure ACID Pro will load AVI files on a track, but I don’t know about ACID Express

I know what Sound Forge will let you edit the sound track to an AVI

FL Studio has a video plugin that will sync a video to your tracks.

Ableton Live will load an AVI and MOV (I think) in arrangement view.

Garageband will load a movie into a track (drag the MOV file into the work space)

I’m also pretty sure Sonar, Cubase and Logic all load AVI videos but if you can confirm that please speak up.

Any others I missed?

Thanks
VS
John Pazdan
permalink   Tue, Sep 9, 2008 @ 5:47 AM
Adobe Audition, Reason, but Mac only with the 3rd party free plug in, and Vegas, which might be the best one for the moving picture inclined. hmm, and while it’s not an official DAW, the free app that come with Windoze, Movie Maker Deluxe Fun Pro, or whatever Bill calls it.. lets you do fast throw togethers of images to music..It’s cool in a “it’s so cheesy it’s great” sort of way.
teru
permalink   Tue, Sep 9, 2008 @ 11:20 AM
Like John P mentions, Windows Movie Maker plus your audio editor of choice (ie. Audacity) would also work. It requires going back and forth editing the audio part. But would work for those without any other software options.

*Just remember to record the beep at the start into your audio file so both sync up. : )
AT
permalink   Tue, Sep 9, 2008 @ 4:43 PM
Quote: fourstones
I’m also pretty sure Sonar, Cubase and Logic all load AVI videos but if you can confirm that please speak up.

I can confirm Sonar.
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Tue, Sep 9, 2008 @ 8:44 PM
i found this, which may help some…..

Importing a Video File into GarageBand

You can import any iMovie project or QuickTime-compatible video file from the Media Browser and add it to a track in your GarageBand project. This allows you to view the movie while your GarageBand project plays.

To import a video file using the Media Browser:

1. In the Media Browser, click the Movies button.

2. Select the movie you’d like to score.

3. If available, double-click the movie file thumbnail image to preview the movie in the Media Browser.

4. To stop the movie preview, press the spacebar.

5. Drag the thumbnail image into the Movie Track in your GarageBand project. GarageBand generates thumbnails for the track to represent the video clips. It also adds a track called Movie Sound, and creates a new AIFF file that contains the soundtrack of the movie. The original movie file remains unchanged.

6. Select the Movie Track to see its info in the Track Info pane. Then select the Movie Sound track to see its information.