Deep Roots Remix Event
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Can't find dataview function in search_remix_gen_title

Can't find dataview function in search_remix_gen_title

gurdonark
permalink   Thu, May 29, 2008 @ 4:55 PM
Hi there:

This morning I tried to upload a remix which featured numerous freesound samples, a bucky jonson sample, and another mixter pool BY sample.

When I logged in the freesound, then I got all the numerous samples into the system in good order. However, the mixter samples then began issuing this error message:

Can’t find dataview function in search_remix_gen_title

I reversed field, and did the mixter samples first. They entered fine, but then a freesound drew the same flag.

This evening, on my work computer, I entered the search term “145” because my recollection was that the sample’s mp3 had 145 in the title (it was a sub_des one, which I know is a user here, but I can’t remember that user’s mixter handle). I once again drew the flag:
Can’t find dataview function in search_remix_gen_title

I’m going to try again tonight, as I may be confusing things by not being certain of the user for the non-bucky-jonson sample, but it looks as if this “can’t find dataview function” is popping up where ideally it should not (and should instead be the “couldn’t find this sample” flag.

Of course, if there’s any way to do it wrong, I’m probably doing it wrong, somehow, but I mention it anyway.
teru
permalink   Thu, May 29, 2008 @ 5:31 PM
Please give it another shot. I just tried and although it took a while for the Freesound search, I was successful in upload something with the exact criteria you mention.

subdes2

permalink   gurdonark Thu, May 29, 2008 @ 7:16 PM
thanks, Teru! and especially for subdes2! :)
victor
permalink   Thu, May 29, 2008 @ 6:08 PM
yup, search by title in the remix box was broken by upgrade yesterday. Should be all better now.

permalink   gurdonark Thu, May 29, 2008 @ 7:18 PM
Thanks, Victor. Much better.

I got it to upload, but had a related problem. Usually I find freesound by the freesound number when using the search engine.

This worked imperfectly tonight.
Numbers 7382 and 27757 did not turn up in searches, but instead had to be located more “manually” [parenthetical: the search term “frogs” turns up a lot of samples, making a freesound number a more optimum way to search.

Thanks for fixing the title thing!

permalink   victor Thu, May 29, 2008 @ 7:35 PM
fyi the results from freesound are done remotely with their site = we actually communicate with them every time you do a search of that sample pool and I just display results as I get them from fs. iow, any change in behavior is coming from them.

permalink   gurdonark Fri, May 30, 2008 @ 11:57 AM
Good to know—their search engine is imperfect (as are all search engines, I suppose). I’ll ask at their forum if they’ve changed it, and perhaps Bram or someone can let me know.

permalink   victor Fri, May 30, 2008 @ 12:10 PM
thanks bob, that should be my job but I’m a little distracted today ;)

permalink   gurdonark Fri, May 30, 2008 @ 12:18 PM
The lawyer part of me has enjoyed
reading all these RFPs, as the process of an RFP for a creative commons site is not entirely unrecognizable from the process for something common in my practice in my own field—rehabilitating insurance companies.