Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » Seamless looping MP3 in Flash...?

Seamless looping MP3 in Flash...?

Uncool Bob
permalink   Fri, Jun 1, 2007 @ 4:11 PM
A bit obscure, but can anyone help me create seamless MP3 loops from the Linux commandline (and hence from a script) to play back in a Flash player?

I know there’s a way to do this in Adobe’s authoring software, but that’s all point and click and probably only windows.

I did find a half OK solution using lame - encode 3 identical WAV->MP3 using the -nogap option - then use the middle one - but there’s a small audible glitch of variable severity.

It would help me greatly achieve world domination with the evolutionary remix machine! ;-)

thanks for reading!

rev ken.
duckett
permalink   Sat, Jun 2, 2007 @ 1:32 AM
No clue, but I thought I’d take the opportunity to say “Thanks” for such a cool little concept as the ERM…

permalink   Uncool Bob Sat, Jun 2, 2007 @ 5:18 AM
Thanks for saying thanks - I was beginning to think nobody got it!

Wish I could move to dedicated hardware and make it more of a social thing (so you can chat to your fellow [natural] selectors). Currently though there’s rarely more than one person on at once.

I discovered tones.wolfram.com yesterday - now that’s a nicely put together interface. Don’t really know what’s going on under the hood though (it’s the same for my ERM… users, unfortunately). Check it out though.