Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Playlists for the People

Playlists for the People

indieish.com
permalink   Mon, Mar 14, 2005 @ 1:48 AM
I’ve been kicked up to Director of Programming on Free Matrix Radio now, and I’m working on a new concept show… The idea is to have an hour long show that can be fed to the autoDJ as a playlist.. the playlists would be picked by artists we like in the CC world, and other CC personalities.

Since I play a wide selection of artists that are on ccmixter, I’d like to just put out a blanket call to the artists I play on my show to create a playlist with webjay, and post a link to it in this forum. I’ll be using them to create this show, and you’ll get mentioned before and after the playlist runs (and maybe during.. I’m still working on format), and that includes promoting your music.

the only stipulations.. playlists need to be somewhere between 45minutes and 1.5 hours. 1.5 hour lists may get clipped to one hour to fit format. And, obviously, all songs must be either CC, public domain or under some other free for non comercial use and distribution sort of license (cc highly preferred).

So, grab the links to your favorite CC songs, buiild a playlist in WebJay (webjay.org) and post the link to the playlist here.

I’d love one from Victor, Cezary, Pat, Teru, Ashwan, Lisa, et al. I know I’m missing people, so don’t feel bad if I didn’t mention you. Help me make FreeMatrix the best CC only 24/7 streaming station in existence.

(yes, you can include your own work in the playlist)

victor
permalink   Mon, Mar 14, 2005 @ 5:47 AM
This is obviously a groovy idea, you can start with the picks page:

http://ccmixter.org/?view=p...

I just hit ‘stream’ on either list and I’m impressed all over again with all the talent so quickly assembled on this site.

You folks rock.

VS
indieish.com
permalink   Mon, Mar 14, 2005 @ 6:00 AM
Oh cool, I didn’t even know this existed. Excellent, thanks Victor.

teru
permalink   Mon, Mar 14, 2005 @ 6:23 AM
Wow. Congratulations and thanks for the invite. Love the show (I know I don’t leave comments,sorry). Does this mean no more Revolution?
indieish.com
permalink   Mon, Mar 14, 2005 @ 6:28 AM
Quote: Does this mean no more Revolution?

Oh, no.. The Revolution continues unabated. Thanks for the good words. You’re still my most often used bumper music :)

Oh, and you’re on the last two shows if you haven’t heard them yet.
teru
permalink   Sat, Mar 19, 2005 @ 10:13 AM
Hi. OK get ready for dumbest question you will hear all day.
What the heck is a podcast? I went Wikipedia but that really didn’t help much. I understand the basics. Length, copy-right considerations, Mp3 format. But is it just an hour long mix or is there something deeper? Like the need to program links to each track? And dumb question # 2 - is only for ipods?
If you could provide a link to better explain what a podcast is that would be super helpful. Thanks.

Edit - Actually found what I was looking for.

http://www.cbc.ca/podcasting/