Branching Out Secret Mixter Sign Ups
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Length of my remix

Length of my remix

Erixx
permalink   Fri, Dec 1, 2006 @ 6:12 AM
Hi there!
I’ve entered the C. Willits remix contest, but my remix is 5:04 minutes, and it’s only supposed to be 5. The last part is actually silence, so i wondered if i can cut the silence out and upload it again without entering the competition twice?

Thanks
Nitropox@CCmixter
permalink   Fri, Dec 1, 2006 @ 9:08 AM
5 minutes rule is a bit weird for me. Someone has no imagination…this track has 60 bpm originaly, damn slow. I would advise to think more carefuly next time with setting final track time. Or its MTV? make it 3 minutes then..
Erixx
permalink   Fri, Dec 1, 2006 @ 10:15 AM
I feel kinda the same, but still. A rule is a rule and that’s why i asked… Anyone?
victor
permalink   Fri, Dec 1, 2006 @ 10:50 AM
I’m not part of the contest (I’m just a lowly coder and admin guy) but personally I wouldn’t take any chances and just re-upload.

I’m assuming you can enter more than one upload so you don’t have to worry about ‘re-entering’

The way it works: At the deadline I take a snaphot of all the entries (I make a copy of what’s on ccMixter) and that’s what the judges get. If you upload(s) are there great, if not, it won’t be part of the contest.

makes sense?

VS
victor
permalink   Mon, Dec 4, 2006 @ 12:43 PM
From official conest folks:

“if people submit remixes that are longer han five minutes, they have unfortunately not followed the contest rules and are not eligible to win”

sorry bout that…
VS