Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Most Discussed Lists

Most Discussed Lists

AnotherAudioAmateur
permalink   Mon, Oct 23, 2006 @ 2:50 PM
I’d like to see a list of tracks that got the most comments last week/month/all times.

The idea behind that is that tracks with a lot of comments tend to be either good, interesting, funny, or instructive.
victor
permalink   Mon, Oct 23, 2006 @ 4:24 PM
awesome idea, I’m in the middle a huge change right now but I’ll get to it soon
victor
permalink   Thu, Oct 26, 2006 @ 2:24 AM
Hopefully this is kind of what you had in mind?
AnotherAudioAmateur
permalink   Thu, Oct 26, 2006 @ 2:55 PM
Thanks, that’s exactly what I had in mind! Great work!

I have to admit, though, that I would like to see more than 7 tracks per list; why not go with a top ten list?

Speaking of that, I’d love to see more than 5 tracks of the “Highest Listener Rated (All Time)” list!

There are so many cool and great tracks on the site, yet I think the site makes it a little bit too hard to find them for new visitors.

BTW: is there any kind of API available, so that mashups could be created, e.g. with flickr?
victor
permalink   Thu, Oct 26, 2006 @ 4:14 PM
the main reason I didn’t default to more than 7 is because (sadly) the numbers trail off significantly especially for the default (‘Last Week’)

however, there is a ‘charts’ feature coming (realistically it’s probably at least a month away) that will allow you to query/sort until your head explodes.

Meanwhile the reason this feature took a couple of days rather than hours is because I’m in the middle of debugging one the biggest (internal) features we’ve ever had: the query api ( prelim docs here)

The feeds are already using it, the new ’radio’ is and I’ll be porting search and creating new features like the charts and playlists using it.

Bang away if you like and do me a favor, report bugs and feature requests because this is an important piece of technology for us.

VS
AnotherAudioAmateur
permalink   Thu, Oct 26, 2006 @ 4:24 PM
Victor,

those are great news! I’m looking forward to all this!

As for the 7 items, I feared as much, but hey, surely this will get better over time, as ccmixter gets more and more popular with time! (At least I hope that this will happen…)

I’ll try to check out the prelim query stuff over the weekend. Sounds intriguing!

And don’t worry too much about the timeframe, I was delighted to see how fast you managed to get in that new list.

Just make sure all those new features are done before Duke Nukem Forever ships, ok? ;-)
victor
permalink   Thu, Oct 26, 2006 @ 4:38 PM
heh - well my son is helping me by writing the Flash player for playlists (he knows that stuff, I don’t have a clue) and that’s his deadline too so that’s built in ;)