Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Uploading...

Uploading...

Dj_Lenin
permalink   Wed, May 31, 2006 @ 7:59 AM
i can’t upload a fully mix.The section of uploadin is gone, what the hell is it?
victor
permalink   Wed, May 31, 2006 @ 9:20 AM
The section of the site was temporarily disabled due to rampant abuse. Song-spamming (uploading RIAA copyrighted tracks) goes on a lot more than most folks realize because we are generally pretty quick to find, delete and ban; but the last few weeks has been especially harsh so we closed it down to give ourselves a break.

that’s where the hell it is.

interestingly enough, I noticed that not a single one of your fully mixed tracks has ever been remixed — so I’m curious why you want to continue to upload them to a remix site. I don’t know if you know this but they are hardly ever listened to (as opposed to remixes and a cappellas.)

VS

permalink   Clarance Boddyker Sun, Jul 2, 2006 @ 7:26 PM
Quote: fourstonesThe section of the site was temporarily disabled due to rampant abuse. Song-spamming (uploading RIAA copyrighted tracks) goes on a lot more than most folks realize because we are generally pretty quick to find, delete and ban; but the last few weeks has been especially harsh so we closed it down to give ourselves a break.

that’s where the hell it is.

interestingly enough, I noticed that not a single one of your fully mixed tracks has ever been remixed — so I’m curious why you want to continue to upload them to a remix site. I don’t know if you know this but they are hardly ever listened to (as opposed to remixes and a cappellas.)

VS

Uh, I don’t see how personally attacking the person helps the situation. Some of your comments were completely uncalled for in this post. The music should speak for itself.

Interesting.

For what it is worth, I listen to your music all the time Lenin.

permalink   victor Mon, Jul 3, 2006 @ 3:03 AM
Actually, believe it or not, despite how it came out, despite there being no other logical way of explaining my choice of words, I had no conscience intention of making this a personal attack. Honest. Lenin’s music is great and in his case it’s an injustice in the way the community favors samples and a cappellas for remixing and not fully mixed tracks. Asking for his forgiveness I will try again:

I went back and ran the numbers, in the last year, only 6% of fully mixed tracks have been remixed (as opposed to 85% of a cappellas). The worse news is that very, very few people even listen to those tracks because we’re simply not known as site that’s great for exposing a band’s original material.

The other day I wrote up a more complete answer because this does come up on a regular basis.

I don’t want you, or anybody, to stop uploading, but I do want every one to understand that some music isn’t being heard because of the nature of the site and what you may be uploading. So I am curious what I can do to convey the situation to folks like Lenin that participate in this way.

Hope that clears things up,
VS