Watch the Songbirds Event Livestream Replay
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Download count.

Download count.

Djaii (as "Kyro")
permalink   Tue, Jan 25, 2005 @ 3:46 AM
Would it be interesting to anybody to know the download count for each song? Totals for each artist?
ASHWAN
permalink   Mon, Jan 31, 2005 @ 12:08 PM
YEAH, I THINK THAT WOULD HELP LOADS…LIKE ON MACIDOL YOU CAN SEE NOT ONLY HOW MANY LISTENS IT’S HAD, BUT HOW MANY STREAMS AND HOW MANY DOWNLOADS….THAT IS INTERESTING INFO TO ME, TELLS YOU WHICH TUNES PEOPLE REALLY WANT TO LISTEN TO AGAIN…UNFORTUNATELY NO ONE EVER DOWNLOADS MY SHIT…SO NOW I KNOW MY GIRL IS RIGHT, I SHOULD GO DO SOMETHING MORE USEFUL INSTEAD…PEACE. ASH
admin
permalink   Mon, Jan 31, 2005 @ 1:48 PM
Well, we try not to get involved in domestic disputes but we are definitely listening (and liking a lot).

This current version of the site isn’t set up for counting and displaying streams and downloads stats but we’re working on version 2 and see about putting that feature in.

Peace,
Victor
00afro
permalink   Mon, Feb 14, 2005 @ 12:47 PM
Cool ..hope it’s here soon because my bank manager takes a similar view as ASHWAN’s girl ;)

the day when someone can fire off an instant review that you get delivered to you straight away would be nice too:)
admin
permalink   Mon, Feb 14, 2005 @ 12:53 PM
Quote: the day when someone can fire off an instant review that you get delivered to you straight away would be nice too:)

Yea, to be honest there was occasion when I wanted that feature too.

There *is* a way to hack it: Once a thread is started you can get notified so if you leave your own track a one word "review" you will get get notified when someone "replies". I know, it’s a hack but it will get you what you want.

Victor
deadpan
permalink   Sat, Feb 19, 2005 @ 7:05 PM
Agree with this proposed feature, interesting and valuable.
shagrugge
permalink   Mon, Mar 13, 2006 @ 10:03 PM
What’s the latest on this feature? download and stream plays count would be nice…

a nice compliment to the star rating system.
victor
permalink   Mon, Mar 13, 2006 @ 11:09 PM
to be humbly honest about we could never figure out, technically, a low cost way to continue to have direct links to the mp3 (which I think is critical when your whole site’s philosophy is about sharing music) and keeping track of completed download — AND making it general enough for use not only for this site but all ccHost installations.

VS
shagrugge
permalink   Mon, Mar 13, 2006 @ 11:52 PM
hmmm maybe Tom over at myspace can help…isn’t he one of the friends listed on the ccmixter myspace page?