Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » are we allowed?

are we allowed?

cdk
permalink   Wed, Dec 14, 2005 @ 3:08 PM
are we allowed to use samples from ccmixter to enter the new contest….????
creativelycommon
permalink   Thu, Dec 15, 2005 @ 1:41 AM
- Relevance to the themes in Copyright Criminals: This is a Sampling Sport (30% of the overall grade)

However, the license for tracks is required to be BY-NC. This is a severe constraint as most uploads here are not so.
Ran Dumb Dots...... .. .
permalink   Thu, Dec 15, 2005 @ 7:19 AM
Re: the last post, I see the license for contest entries has to by BY-NC, but can’t existing ccMixter tracks sampled to create contest entries (and BY-NC tracks in general) be BY or BY-NC? And I think it’s already pretty clear that samples from tracks under the “Sampling” licenses (both commercial and non-commercial) are not allowed. Am I understanding this right? thx….. .. .
rejon
permalink   Thu, Dec 15, 2005 @ 10:45 AM
Quote: Re: the last post, I see the license for contest entries has to by BY-NC, but can’t existing ccMixter tracks sampled to create contest entries (and BY-NC tracks in general) be BY or BY-NC? And I think it’s already pretty clear that samples from tracks under the “Sampling” licenses (both commercial and non-commercial) are not allowed. Am I understanding this right? thx….. .. .

Right, BY-NC is more restrictive than just BY, so, you can use content that is BY for the remixes. You can use any content on ccmixter whose license complies.

You can really use any content from anywhere if the work’s license complies.

Notice though that you are required to use some sample of the material available in the contest.