Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » The Passing of Hepepe

The Passing of Hepepe

SackJo22
admin
permalink   Thu, May 24, 2012 @ 11:58 AM
We are sorry to share the sad news that long time community member Hepepe passed away. Always exhuberant and enthusiastic, Hepepe pushed the limits to create rich, energetic sounds. Our sincere condolences to his family and friends.
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Thu, May 24, 2012 @ 1:01 PM
I am so saddened by this news. In the last 12 months, two of our longest community members have crossed over. I’m grateful that music is an extension of us that defies time, and lives on.
gurdonark
permalink   Thu, May 24, 2012 @ 1:02 PM
Hepepe made fascinating music, always exploring new sounds and ideas.
He released a lot of good songs on the mixter, on DiSfish, and elsewhere, including on the netlabel I co-own, Negative Sound Institute. http://www.negativesoundins...

I’m sorry to hear that he has left us, and my deepest sympathy to his friends and family.
minimal_art
permalink   Thu, May 24, 2012 @ 3:05 PM
our friendship started on ccmixter some years ago. He was my best musician friend. We often met and talked about music and faith and lots of things about the world. He had opinions about everything and he never denied himself. He was a successful songwriter in Hungary. He had many friends. Listen to his music and be happy with it.
AT
permalink   Thu, May 24, 2012 @ 5:37 PM
Sad news. I know he was one of the early members of ccmixter, very creative, quite original and I would imagine a kind and fun person to be around—that’s what I got from his music anyway. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
John Pazdan
permalink   Fri, May 25, 2012 @ 7:00 AM
RIP Budapest Bluesboy, gypsy karma hacker.
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Fri, May 25, 2012 @ 8:26 AM
RIP. 5 stars from all stars.
Admiral Bob
permalink   Fri, May 25, 2012 @ 9:31 AM
His last upload: an ear bending happy dub piece.

http://ccmixter.org/files/h...
panu
permalink   Sat, May 26, 2012 @ 4:49 AM
Hepepe introduced a lot of us to the rich Budapest music scene. His recordings of acoustic instruments are some of the best I’ve heard before or since. I’ll miss his energy & sense of humor.
texasradiofish
permalink   Mon, Jun 4, 2012 @ 10:44 PM
Clearly a sad note.

Peter introduced us to the use of creative commons licensing with record labels.
ScOmBer
permalink   Mon, Jun 4, 2012 @ 11:56 PM
Very sad. Peter was a risk taker musically and totally unafraid to bend genres - like this gem
Clarence Simpson
permalink   Mon, Jun 18, 2012 @ 7:57 PM
Sad to hear. He will always hold a special place in my musical memories as he was my very first secret mixter assignment. RIP Hepepe.

permalink   copperhead Tue, Jun 19, 2012 @ 2:14 PM
That was a fantastic remix Clarence. Sad to hear this.