Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Parts Wanted » Sample of Hindu - indian - Bollywood female singer

Sample of Hindu - indian - Bollywood female singer

IB1
permalink   Sat, Nov 20, 2010 @ 3:25 AM
Hi,

I’m Currently working on a track that has used quite a few Traditional Instruments that originate from India .

I have been looking for a free to adapt Sample of a Traditional sounding female singing voice .

To be more precise similar to the female Indian/Arabic singer that was used in the classic ‘Pump up the volume’ track by Mars .
Even a Bollywood singer would suffice .

The actual Content or words are irrelevant. Since I only understand English it’s the vibe that matters .

Anyone know of such a sample?
Blake
permalink   Sat, Nov 20, 2010 @ 9:17 AM
Abstract Audio
permalink   Sun, Nov 21, 2010 @ 1:55 AM
maybe this could help
http://ccmixter.org/people/...

and try looperman.com
IB1
permalink   Sun, Nov 21, 2010 @ 10:54 AM
Thanks for those links to some very fine voices.

Not quite the sound I want.

I’ve discovered Via freesound that the actual sample used is from Ofrah Haza IM NIN’ALU was sampled on the track Eric B & Rakim- “Paid In Full” .

Here is the link to the song the sample was used from on YOUTUBE

http://www.youtube.com/watc...

All I need is something similar as the first 8 seconds of that song , but I suppose it’s got too sound different enough so as to avoid any issues of plagiarism and all that silly nonsense .
Abstract Audio
permalink   Sun, Nov 21, 2010 @ 3:09 PM
try his acapella’s you might have to cut some peaces to a new vocal part
http://www.looperman.com/pr...

vocal parts from here
http://ccmixter.org/files/c...

another looperman
http://www.looperman.com/pr...

try the magnatune library its one thing I want to dig in but when I browsed trough it I found lots of traditionial singers in there. Mayby there are some licence things you have to look into
http://ccmixter.org/magnatu...

Bit more expensive but you allways could try an library there are some good sample cd’s or kontakt lib. out there

And I don’t know where you live but isn’t there some local artist (street musician?) you could ask to collab? You might even get something steady out of it or learn something from each other?

permalink   IB1 Mon, Nov 22, 2010 @ 1:00 AM
Thanks Again for those links

Quote: Abstract Audio

Bit more expensive but you always could try an library there are some good sample cd’s or kontakt lib. out there

I have seen a few sample CD’S but there price has been more than I am willing to pay .
And I don’t know where you live but isn’t there some local artist (street musician?) you could ask to collab? You might even get something steady out of it or learn something from each other?

Very Good Tip :-) sharing our music is a great way to learn from each other.Problem is where I live the majority are not really that aware that music is anything more than a…? well the way they act I don’t think they ever think what exactly music is or many other things for that matter .

So my resource’s for pooling musical talent from my local community a rather limited .

There about as Diverse as a Tropical rainforest,After the capitalists have cut it down!!

Anyway I’m Trying a different approach.I managed to persuade my Girlfreind to do her best to sing the part I wanted .

She is no professional singer so now I’m trying different software to make her “Auto tuned” .

permalink   Abstract Audio Mon, Nov 22, 2010 @ 1:57 AM
I’ve been on this quest myself, its very hard to find quality acapella’s on these “western” based forums.
Two things I just come up with try archive.org to find arabic/hindi movies (maybe a pain to watch). Or instead of asking a local person ask this on hindi/arabic sites there must be some in your country meeting on the net (in english). If there isn’t some one there they might be able to refer you to the right place.

If you did get hold of some acapella’s I would love to get a copy of them.

permalink   IB1 Mon, Nov 22, 2010 @ 9:17 AM
Quote: Abstract AudioI’ve been on this quest myself, its very hard to find quality acapella’s on these “western” based forums.

I think many people are making “Art” then uploading onto some internet site without any knowledge of a creative commons license.So what must be millions upon millions of possible avenues/resources for Artists to progress ideas from are just becoming Virtual landfills of unused Artistic material .

Two things I just come up with try archive.org to find arabic/hindi movies (maybe a pain to watch). Or instead of asking a local person ask this on hindi/arabic sites there must be some in your country meeting on the net (in english). If there isn’t some one there they might be able to refer you to the right place.

If you did get hold of some acapella’s I would love to get a copy of them.

Nice Ideas ! .

Though I’ve just about given up on the idea and instead adapted the track .
It’s just too much hassle and goes against the artistic flow to search for days for a sample.

That’s the brilliance of free VST’s . There are so many now of high quality you can be producing a track and need a sound that none of your current VST will produce and bang within minutes you can search and find a Free vst capable of doing the Job.

Now that’s how Art should be to realise it’s potential ,Same goes for knowledge or rather to release it’s limitless potential for growth .

permalink   Abstract Audio Mon, Nov 22, 2010 @ 11:07 AM
Quote: IB1Though I’ve just about given up on the idea and instead adapted the track

That’s a shame don’t give up on it so soon, just keep a version in your to do list. Some of my best tracks took multiple years to evolve from simple tracks to something like this one (sorry little spam ;-))

Quote: IB1It’s just too much hassle and goes against the artistic flow to search for days for a sample.

That’s where you and me differ, for me that’s a big part of my artisc flow. Looking and finding these unknown/unused samples is like golddigging for me gives me both satisfaction and inspiration.

But anyway glad I could help you, looking forward to hear your complete track

Cheers AA

permalink   IB1 Tue, Nov 23, 2010 @ 12:38 PM
That’s where you and me differ, for me that’s a big part of my artisc flow. Looking and finding these unknown/unused samples is like golddigging for me gives me both satisfaction and inspiration.

Cheers AA

I understand what your saying.It would be nice to be able to find the sample I want quickly, that way I can spend more time making music and less time searching for samples .

By far the best way both musically and socially would to live in a Diverse society where I could just get Miss X to sing the part for me.

I could sound Arrogant and say we all live in the Rhythm of life, so as surely as the earth rotates in timing, eventually we will have society’s that allow such diversity to flourish because they will be governed on pure reason and fact.

But then again since life is so directionally variable and judging humanity by it’s past actions we may simply just throw it all away.