Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » What about webradio?

What about webradio?

Melopee
permalink   Sat, Jan 9, 2010 @ 1:25 PM
Come straight to the point, my only question is, can I use the ccmixter remixes or/and picks in my own webradio, so that other people can listen to the finished ccmixter remixes? Is this permitted?

Regards,
Melopee
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Sat, Jan 9, 2010 @ 4:29 PM
Absolutely, providing your use is within the license terms. The vast majority of the music posted here requires, at minimum, that you provide credit to the artist. If your webradio is not commercial, virtually all of the music on ccMixter could be used (again, long as you give the artist credit). If your webradio is a commercial venture, you can use tracks that are licensed with an attribution only license (cc-by). For more information about the licenses you can check out the Creative Commons website here.

permalink   Melopee Sun, Jan 10, 2010 @ 1:00 AM
Oho SackJo22, that’s really great news. It’s a non-commercial webradio, so all of the music here on ccMixter could be used then.
My only question now is how do I give credit to the artists on my webradio? Is there a general rule how it must be done?

permalink   SackJo22 Sun, Jan 10, 2010 @ 9:25 AM
There is no general rule. If you include a voice over announcing the songs, then you could include the attribution in the voice over. This is one way the ccMixter podcasters do it. You could also just post a playlist with the attribution on the webpage that hosts the webradio show. If you do curate radio shows using music from ccMixter, I encourage you to post an announcement in our “pluggy plugs” forum letting the community know, as I believe most people are interested in knowing where their music goes.

permalink   SackJo22 Mon, Jan 11, 2010 @ 7:26 AM
Additionally, if you create a playlist on ccM that is your webradio show, the tools available for embedding the playlist on your webpage automatically indicate attribution.