Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » CBC radio call for remixes of Kutiman interview with Nora Young

CBC radio call for remixes of Kutiman interview with Nora Young

MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Wed, Apr 1, 2009 @ 4:12 PM
CBC Radio’s Spark has a CALL FOR REMIXES (that’s in bold and all caps so you won’t miss it) with a deadline of April 6th, 2009.

They are asking interested parties to take this source (make sure to download both files) and edit down a 1 min. remix.

The winner will hear their remix aired on their April 8th program and podcast, and score a nifty thank you prize.

Post any questions you might have here and one of us will address them and get you an answer (i hope)

so get off your butt and answer the call! :)
gmz
permalink   Thu, Apr 2, 2009 @ 8:32 AM
Quote: MC Jack in the BoxPost any questions you might have here and one of us will address them and get you an answer (i hope)

Can we have more of these short-timed contest? It starts looking nice. :-)
ScOmBer
permalink   Fri, Apr 3, 2009 @ 3:06 AM
I agree with GMZ about quick fire contests. They suit my short attention span.
teru
permalink   Fri, Apr 3, 2009 @ 12:41 PM
FYI. Sounds like you guys would enjoy - RemixFight!.

If don’t already know, MC Jack in the Box runs a “fight” every month. It’s always a good challenge and good time. : )

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Fri, Apr 3, 2009 @ 1:49 PM
yes, and we’d love to see more of you come around once in a while. :)

thanks for the plug teru.

i’ve been thinking more lately about designing some t-shirts for the cool music show. maybe i should do a remixfight t-shirt and give one away each month to the winner. :)

something along the lines of “i won a remixfight and all i got for my trouble was this stupid t-shirt”

maybe that would provide some incentive. maybe not.

but hey, i just posted the latest fight, and the latest source for the next one so come on over and be social!

permalink   Subliminal Sat, Apr 4, 2009 @ 8:45 AM
Those remixfights sound interesting, but one month is way too short for a slacker like me.

Are you serious about those cool music show t-shirts?

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Sat, Apr 4, 2009 @ 11:12 PM
Quote: Subliminal

Are you serious about those cool music show t-shirts?

i am. i’ll let you know when something materializes. :)
dangerous_objects
permalink   Sat, Apr 11, 2009 @ 10:36 PM
I can’t step away from here for a few weeks without missing something cool, can I?

I’m keen as well on 1-min competitions, since full length arrangements take so much time and energy…