Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » still can not upload my entry. 2 weeks already!!!!!

still can not upload my entry. 2 weeks already!!!!!

DJNODOZE
permalink   Sat, Jul 9, 2005 @ 7:24 AM
why is this not letting me upload!!!!i’ i’m running this version
6.0.2800.1106 internet explorer sp 2 . help! let me know when u have fixed this bug!!!!!!! or alternate method on uploading you my entry forlisa debenedictis below!!!!!!! help victor!
victor
permalink   Sat, Jul 9, 2005 @ 10:50 AM
hmm. Yes there was a problem, like we discussed in email and yes, the fix for newer IE’s on Windows went in a few nights ago after we discussed it.

I see you upladed another track, assuming you used the same version of IE so there may in fact something funky going on with your MP3. Try to email it to me and I’ll take a look at it.

Peace,
Victor
victor
permalink   Sun, Jul 10, 2005 @ 3:21 PM
just wanted to follow up — the problem turned out to be an itchy mouse finger hitting the submit button a few too many times (once is plenty ;))

I’ve checked in code to prevent this happening (ala the other ‘Submit’ pages).

Sorry for any confusion and good luck everybody as the contest winds down….

Peace,
Victor
Thomas
permalink   Mon, Jul 18, 2005 @ 10:49 PM
Hi!
I am encoutering another uploading issue. After filling the form and clicking Submit, I get a popup saying "the document contains no data".
Then, I get a page sayaing "uploading file now, this may take a while" etc. This page will stay there for >30 minutes without anything happening.
I don’t believe it is a speed issue since downloading Lisa’s lead vocals took less than a minute.

My file is createad with Lame 3.xx (with xx in the lower nineties) and ca. 3MB of size.

My Browser is Firefox 1.0 running on top of Windows 2000.

Please help! An alternatgive way to get my stuff uploaded is welcome as well. Thanks in advance!
victor
permalink   Mon, Jul 18, 2005 @ 10:55 PM
the contains no data is coming from the server and typically has to do with security issues (do you know what a proxy is? are you trying to do this from behind a firewall? like at work?)

it is not unusual for an upload to take several minutes, sometime 3-5 — the typical internet connection is several TIMES faster downloading then uploading and our servers are no exception.

Wait at that upload screen for five mintes. Do NOT click on a link or browse to another site. Just hold on (take a coffee break, do some pushups, etc.) Five mintues. If that doesn’t work. Wait 10.

Peace,
Victor
Thomas
permalink   Tue, Jul 19, 2005 @ 8:40 AM
Hi Victor!
Thanks a lot for your help. Doing it from home worked!
Cheers,
Thomas