Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » looking for attention

looking for attention

remaxim
permalink   Sun, May 18, 2008 @ 2:16 PM
Hi,

I just re-published my mix of Ballistic Affairs, as I realized too late that it wasn’t mixed at that point and unpublished it after about 2 minutes. Now I saw that even though my mix wasn’t available in that time, it’s already on the second page of the latest remixes and possibly just would get lost on this site. Is there a specific reason for this?

I also wanted to ask if there are any statistics available on how often a song was downloaded and listened to, as I think that it would be quite interesting to know. And are there any guidelines how to get attention on this site (maybe even without annoying people ;) )?

Thanks,
remaxim
spinmeister
permalink   Sun, May 18, 2008 @ 5:07 PM
As far as I know the sort order of files is generally the newest on top. If you replace a file or if you unpublish and republish, I think it keeps the original date from your first upload.

If you want to get around that, I think you may have to delete the old upload entirely and do a new upload.

It seems to make sense that way, because otherwise people could just unpublish and republish just to keep their files on the front page.

To become known better on the site, write a little something about yourself on your profile page. Even a little is better than just a name.

Also I find. people who write thoughtful reviews for a variety of different people, seem to get reviewed more often themselves.

Download and listen statistics don’t exist here. It’s a bit of a meaningless statistic and is too easily manipulated - just look at some of the nonsense going on on myspace, youtube and such sites.

permalink   remaxim Sun, May 18, 2008 @ 5:35 PM
Ok, now I do understand why the song wasn’t on the front page after republishing it … I think I m going to delete it and reupload it.

Thanks for the tips, I ll keep them in mind. They could be quite useful when my songs become enjoyable ;).

About that hole download and listening statics: I meant private statics only for the remixers themselves. I don’t think anybody is interested in manipulating statistics which are only visible to themselves, but it would be still quite interesting to see how much attention your song gets (as only people with accounts [=usually remixers or musicians] are able to rate and review songs).

Thanks for the help

permalink   victor Sun, May 18, 2008 @ 8:42 PM
sorry I can’t address all the issues right now (my connection is weak and disconnects often) but if you delete/re-upload the system will catch it as a “bump” and moderate it (remove it).

alternatives should/will be available for now but that’s the lowly compromise place we’re at right now.

permalink   remaxim Mon, May 19, 2008 @ 6:08 AM
thanks for the warning