Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Recommendations

Recommendations

PorchCat
permalink   Thu, Apr 17, 2008 @ 2:19 AM
On user pages there is a tab to show what samples and mixes they’ve recommended. Would it be feasible to have an option to see who recommended a particular track?

*meow*
DJ Rkod
permalink   Thu, Apr 17, 2008 @ 2:38 AM
I second the motion by yon kitty.
duckett
permalink   Thu, May 8, 2008 @ 2:12 PM
I have to say- while I never, ever mind anyone “recommending” something I’ve done, sometimes I find the “mystery recommend” a little weird. I can’t help but think it’s a case of someone saying to themselves, “Well, yeah- I like it fine, but don’t want to be dragged into typing up a whole long review-thingy. Let ‘em wonder who liked it and why; I’m just going to click the button.”
I guess I could see people wanting to improve a track’s stats they feel is undeservedly neglected, and nudge others’ curiosity into listening and judging w/o preconceptions… but other than that, it just seems kinda lazy, or like a “guilty pleasure”.
Again, I’d rather have an anonymous recommend than none, but it still makes me want to say, “If you liked it well enough to recommend it, why be all lurkish about it?”

permalink   victor Thu, May 8, 2008 @ 3:44 PM
technically, recommends are not anonymous (as I’ve been saying from the start) but yes, “this song recommend by…” views are coming, probably in June.

permalink   duckett Mon, May 12, 2008 @ 12:50 PM
Oh, my- you made that happen pretty speedily, much obliged to you sir…