Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » Music from mixter in computer game

Music from mixter in computer game

_ghost
permalink   Fri, Jan 26, 2007 @ 2:49 PM
Aamu
permalink   Fri, Jan 26, 2007 @ 4:28 PM
That is nice… I just wonder about the usage of nc-sampling+: As it is not allowed by the license to use the songs in the soundtrack of a film, I am worried about it being illegal to use them in a game soundtrack, likewise.

Here’s section 3.b.ii from http://creativecommons.org/...
Quote: Your Derivative Work(s) must only make a partial use of the original Work, or if You choose to use the original Work as a whole, You must either use the Work as an insubstantial portion of Your Derivative Work(s) or transform it into something substantially different from the original Work. In the case of a musical Work and/or audio recording, the mere synchronization (“synching”) of the Work with a moving image shall not be considered a transformation of the Work into something substantially different.

I guess in this case using a nc-sampling+ song is at least “insubstantial” (a song amongst several others) and possibly also “substantially different” (in a soundscape containing also sound effects), if used and heard as a whole.

Oh, I might just have wasted too many hours with paranoid people refusing to use my music, telling me “I would like to use your song, but I need a signed permission from everyone you sampled”… “Your signature and these licenses are not enough for our lawyer”… Congratulations!
victor
permalink   Fri, Jan 26, 2007 @ 4:45 PM
This is truly awesome, I love this and it’s a great example of what CC licenses makes possible.