Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » thanks for all the source

thanks for all the source

MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Mon, Nov 27, 2006 @ 9:15 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to all the artists that have provided me with source material for remixes since I started here.

I posted a couple of new remixes the past 2 days, only to see them receive what I would call unnecessarily low ratings. While this may have been an error, it nevertheless poorly reflects on me, and the time and effort that went into putting these mixes together. And i’m really not into fighting an uphill redemption battle to rectify the ratings, nor am i comfortable with questioning them.

Maybe the person (or people) really didn’t like the remixes, or maybe they just don’t understand the star system, or maybe they have some sort of grudge against me. If that’s the case, and you’re hoping I’d leave, congratulations, it worked.

Either way, I think I’m done submitting remixes here for awhile.

ccmixter is a really terrific place with some really awesome people involved in it. Maybe at some point, I’ll submit again but for now, I think it’s time for me to take a break.
victor
permalink   Mon, Nov 27, 2006 @ 12:36 PM
fwiw around the beginning of every contest there are always a few new cats who show up, upload a remix or two and then bomb other entries or other recently remixes with ‘1’s

usually within 24/48 hours our scripts will pick those up and ban those uploaders from rating for life. Indeed we already have picked up two of those.

hope to see you back soon.

VS
norelpref
permalink   Tue, Nov 28, 2006 @ 3:37 PM
Dude! Please don’t leave! I consider you one of the dawgs around this joint. I’ve noticed people doing what seems to be some gratuitous rating; there are always people within an open system who have to play spoiler. The hell with them. I personally think a person shouldn’t be able to rate unless they have the balls to leave an intelligent review, but I know that would never work.

I far more appreciate an articulate review, pro or con than the point system, which I try to discard as a measure of the quality of a remix.

IN short, MC, don’t go. Otherwise the spoilers win….
Luke Tripp
permalink   Tue, Nov 28, 2006 @ 5:48 PM
Aye don’t leave because of some bad ratings…

When I rate somebody I always try to leave a review, sometimes I drop a 4 or 5 without a review just because the song is good, it’s just not what I like. The review might not be intelligent like norelpref wants but I always try to highlight the parts that I like, and if something doesn’t sound good I say it.

But don’t leave because people give you low ratings without an explanation of why they did it.

For the people that do leave the low ratings:
I don’t think I’ve ever left a rating of 3 or less without a review. It does absolutely no good for the person who made the song to get a low rating if they don’t know why. Tell them what’s wrong or why it isn’t good so they can improve themselves and get better.
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Tue, Nov 28, 2006 @ 8:55 PM
hey, thanks for the good vibes, both here and in private.

i’ll still be lurking around, leaving my 2 cents on occasion, and i’ll probably still remix when i’m inspired.

the voting thing bugged me, but mostly it just sapped my inspiration. i think i just need to find my muse again.

hey, i’ve done 55 remixes. i think i’ve earned a little break. :)

thanks again you guys. ccmixter rocks.