skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » SecretMixter III: Splice Madness

SecretMixter III: Splice Madness

PorchCat
permalink   Sat, Sep 9, 2006 @ 7:42 AM
CLOSED TO NEW ENTRIES

PICKS DRAWN
POSTING DAY IS HERE!!!
Players who have uploaded their entry are linked with their upload. Check them out! They all deserve their props.

( People with only a few remixes or samples, please upload a few more pieces of material for your SecretMixter to work with.)

To get your pick, please log into the SecretMixter site below (using the username listed with your name below). If you have not set up a password, it will ask you for one the first time you log in.

SecretMixter is a remix game. The names of the participants are collected and then each person is randomly assigned another participant. Everyone then produces a remix for the artist they received in the draw. There is no grand prize or material reward. The point of the game is to have some fun, test your skills with the random draw and see how your material is put to use.

SecretMixter is not an official game or contest of ccMixter and is not officially affiliated with ccMixter or Creative Commons. It is run and maintained privately by PorchCat. Please do not harass the ccMixter site admin or Creative Commons staff with questions, comments or concerns. Direct any questions or comments about SecretMixter to PorchCat.

Each name is manually added to the system by PorchCat. When first logging in, you must create a password. The deadline to have your name entered is Sunday September 17, 2006. Names will shuffled and assigned by the system on Monday September 18, 2006. The upload date is Sunday October 1, 2006. The SecretMixter site is located at:
http://www.wuchitao.com/santa

To get an idea of how things have gone in the past, please check out the previous SecretMixter remixes:
http://ccmixter.org/media/t...
http://ccmixter.org/media/t...

Rules:
1. Have fun. (First rule of any game.)
2. Do not tell anyone who you picked for the SecretMixer. (Or else it’s a not a secret!)
3. At least 50% of the mix should be material from the person you have picked. (Anything is fair game. Originals, remixes, samples, a cappellas, et cetera.)
4. Do not upload your track until the upload day. (Tracks uploaded to ccMixter.)
5. Add the tag “secretmixter” to your entry.
5. Have FUN!!!

So come join in the fun!! Please reply to this thread or contact PorchCat through his ccMixter page if you want to enter the game.

*meow*

P.S. Spread the word!!

========================================

Entered Participants
(updated as each account is manually created)

PorchCat (picked: Shagrugge)

Gurdonark (picked: IF)

Rev. Ken Cabal (picked: Anchor Mejans)

fourstones (picked: norelpref)

Ran Dumb Dots…… .. . (picked: EFX)

Anchor Mejans (picked: cdk)

Shagrugge (picked: Ran Dumb Dots…… .. .)

MC Jack in the Box
(picked: PorchCat)

EFX
(picked: viralfaction)

norelpref (picked: Rev. Ken Cabal)

cdk (picked: MiNiMaL_aRT)

Pablo Perez (picked: Aamu)

viralfaction (picked: MC Jack in the Box)

Aamu (picked: pablo perez)

IF (picked: fourstones)

davi roque de souza (picked: sippy_cup)

sippy_cup
(picked: davi roque de sousa)

MiNiMaL_aRT (picked: Gurdonark)

Last updated Tuesday October 3, 2006 0530 GMT
norelpref
permalink   Sun, Sep 10, 2006 @ 1:36 PM
This sounds like fun and challenging. Count me in.
Aamu
permalink   Tue, Sep 12, 2006 @ 10:05 AM
Quote: PorchCatSo come join in the fun!!
I’m game.
BUNNIES GONE BAD
permalink   Wed, Sep 13, 2006 @ 2:13 AM
Knock, knock…let me in…
PorchCat
permalink   Thu, Sep 14, 2006 @ 1:44 AM
Wow! Big crowd this time around. Glad to see some returning people. Happy to see the new players. Thanks everyone for joing in! Thank you Victor for the banner link and for joining in again. (Victor is the mystery man who uses dark rituals to constantly improve ccMixter while it stays functional. Forbidden Cthulhu summoning like stuff, or so I’d imagine.)

Remember that the draw is this coming Monday and then you have 13 days to produce your mix. Please remember to wait to post your track until the posting day.

We’re already at 15 participants. Total madness. I can’t wait to hear the craziness that comes of this!

*meow*
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   Uncool Bob Fri, Sep 15, 2006 @ 10:06 AM
I could manage with a complete track, but then again, I’m special (well not me really, but my remix software - I would feed it short snippets of your track and see what came out).

In general I think people would prefer to have single instrument tracks at least. But that’s only my opinion.

permalink   PorchCat Fri, Sep 15, 2006 @ 8:28 PM
I would encourage you to upload a few smaple tracks or a couple more remixes. Thanks!

*meow*
Uncool Bob
permalink   Fri, Sep 15, 2006 @ 10:10 AM
just to say that if you get me as your SecretMixee then you can also use the WAV loop downloads from the Musetta Ophelia’s song channels of my Evolutionary Remix Machine (TM) (plug plug) at http://leanbackproductions.com

they are under the same CC licence as the musetta samples

…but I really hope that you’ll be able to do something with my baby’s bizarre talking (see my sample uploads).

hope you all have fun!

thanks again to porchcat

permalink   §įǷǷƔ�?ʗʯǷ Fri, Sep 15, 2006 @ 3:48 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/...

Hey rev this is a link to my site in which, I used your pizz&cello samples. It’s a NINe inch nails-only remix.I gave you credit on the site to and linked to your cc mixter page. later
davi roque de souza
permalink   Thu, Sep 14, 2006 @ 11:22 AM
hi there!

man, let me in 2!

=)
minimal_art
permalink   Sat, Sep 16, 2006 @ 10:10 AM
I’ll try myself :)
Let me in! :)
PorchCat
permalink   Mon, Sep 18, 2006 @ 9:15 PM
Picks are in. Go collect them. Good luck to everyone as they craft their Secret Mix over the next two weeks. We have quite the crowd this time with a huge variety of styles. This is going to be awesome.

Thank you so much to everyone who joined in! And thank you to Victor for your support!

Game on!!!

*meow*
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   PorchCat Tue, Sep 19, 2006 @ 6:22 PM
To get your pick, please log into the SecretMixter site linked in the main post. If you have not set up a password, it will ask you for one the first time you log in.

I edited the main post to avoid further confusion. Sorry for not being clear.

*meow*
PorchCat
permalink   Sun, Oct 1, 2006 @ 10:00 AM
The mixes are coming in!

Wonderful work so far. I love the first third of the submissions. I can’t wait to see what else people post!! I love this game. :oD

*meow*

permalink   davi roque de souza Sun, Oct 1, 2006 @ 3:52 PM
Hey PorchCat, i can’t acess www.wuchitao.com/santa, so i uoload my mix here. is that right ?
here’s the link
http://ccmixter.org/media/f...

permalink   PorchCat Sun, Oct 1, 2006 @ 4:53 PM
Absoluytely. Uploaded to ccMixter. Thanks for joining in!

*meow*
victor
permalink   Sun, Oct 1, 2006 @ 2:49 PM
Hey PC, I fixed your tags url, I guess I should have told you but I’m translating all secretmixter tags (and other variations) to “secret_mixter” on new uploads

permalink   PorchCat Sun, Oct 1, 2006 @ 4:52 PM
Thanks! :)

*meow*

permalink   Uncool Bob Mon, Oct 2, 2006 @ 4:12 AM
I noticed that too - thanks victor :-)

Any discussions underway to introduce something secretmixterlike into the ccMixter site code? I reckon it would be well used.
Uncool Bob
permalink   Mon, Oct 2, 2006 @ 4:50 AM
Has anyone heard from Anchor Mejans? He seems to be MIA (mixing in action)…

(sorry for the terrible terrible pun)

permalink   §įǷǷƔ�?ʗʯǷ Mon, Oct 2, 2006 @ 11:30 PM
Hey rev……NEED A LIGHT?

permalink   Uncool Bob Tue, Oct 3, 2006 @ 5:01 AM
are you suggesting I steal the nice animated avatar you made?
BUNNIES GONE BAD
permalink   Mon, Oct 2, 2006 @ 5:05 PM
Hi,

thanks to *meow* and victor for organization and support! This was a great experience and it was really cool listen to all other secret mixter submission.

Here a little suggestion: I have heard many interesting and inspirating riffs and loops. So why not put them all toghether and make a Secret Mixter III Sample Pack?

permalink   PorchCat Thu, Oct 5, 2006 @ 3:35 AM
Thanks! I’m glad you had a good time. I hope to see you come next round! :-)

Ohhhh, loops packs, that would be nice! How do you think we should handle it? Each person contributes one minipack or track or …?

*meow*

permalink   BUNNIES GONE BAD Thu, Oct 5, 2006 @ 4:20 AM
If you check the secret mixter tag you’ll see that there is already a sample pack (I called it Quickpack 1)

Obviously it would be much more cool to make a “Secrect Mixter III” sample pack with samples and loops from all

agree?

permalink   PorchCat Thu, Oct 5, 2006 @ 12:44 PM
Absolutely!

*meow*
davi roque de souza
permalink   Mon, Oct 2, 2006 @ 9:29 PM
Hi There!
Galera, i have a podcast only with tracks&remixes from ccmixter…
www.submusica.com/musicalivre
006 sets already.
well, i’m here to say that i’m waitin’ ‘Shagrugge’ to finish the 007 one, cheers guys!
§įǷǷƔ�?ʗʯǷ
permalink   Mon, Oct 2, 2006 @ 11:35 PM
Thanks p.c & everyone that helped you. For the secret thinging we did, it was great fun it forces you to make a mix of someones stuff you otherwise would never attemp (well a least for me)Plus I havent uploaded a track in a while, and davi sorry about only haveing two track up there for you to mix, I did have 11 tracks at one time with one sample pack I did & two spoken words (poems), but I deleted them.

P.s dont even try it REV this image is totally different than yours, you cant even compare the two.hurry up reply to this so I can change my image dont wanna steal :), if you want this gif I made I’ll happyly send it to you! later everyone!

permalink   Uncool Bob Tue, Oct 3, 2006 @ 5:02 AM
yes please :-)

permalink   Uncool Bob Tue, Oct 3, 2006 @ 5:03 AM
DLed it already - thanks.

permalink   §įǷǷƔ�?ʗʯǷ Tue, Oct 3, 2006 @ 3:28 PM
Wait a min, all you got to do its copy the picture, I dont have to send it to you.

permalink   Uncool Bob Tue, Oct 3, 2006 @ 3:51 PM
exactement - thanks very much for the extra artwork - will update my avatar v soon.

permalink   Uncool Bob Wed, Oct 4, 2006 @ 4:19 AM
done - thanks again!
davi roque de souza
permalink   Tue, Oct 3, 2006 @ 10:54 PM

permalink   PorchCat Thu, Oct 5, 2006 @ 3:33 AM
Whoa, awesome! Thanks!!

*meow*

permalink   Uncool Bob Wed, Nov 1, 2006 @ 8:41 AM
The Google translation of this page is hilarious!

http://translate.google.com...
victor
permalink   Wed, Oct 4, 2006 @ 12:51 PM

permalink   PorchCat Thu, Oct 5, 2006 @ 3:46 AM
Whoa! Thanks for the plug!

I promise to do everything in my power to protest SecretMixter becoming an official ccMixter feature, for your sake. :o)

*meow*

permalink   davi roque de souza Thu, Oct 5, 2006 @ 4:59 PM
thanks fourstones!