Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Released Material

Released Material

DustRed
permalink   Fri, Feb 18, 2005 @ 2:47 PM
Just out of interest. How many people who entered this competition have had there material released & how long have they been producing?

I have been producing for approx 5 years, doing music for 12. I am a perfectionist, which is good and bad. Have released a few tracks on an alternative label in Sydney/australia which all proceeds went to Amnesty international.
Due to perfectionist attitude I am only now just about to finish a project where I hope will result in my debut release, but who knows at the end of it i may think it is all crap and contine to make new tunes…. the never ending cycle.

The Orchestral Movement of 1932
permalink   Fri, Feb 18, 2005 @ 7:48 PM
We haven’t had any material released yet.

But we’re planning on it once we get our act together.
Pat Chilla The Beat Gorilla
permalink   Fri, Feb 18, 2005 @ 7:54 PM
I did a compilation a few years ago that made a little noise in the West Coast rap scene and a track on the first Tupac "tribute" album. That was pretty cool because I had my name mentioned on MTV by Tabitha Sorenson and it was a big deal for the locals at the time. I guess my biggest release is my current gig with UPN for America’s Next Top Model. I guess you can consider that a realease of sorts. The pay is good, but hearing my music on an national show is pretty gratifying.
indieish.com
permalink   Sat, Feb 19, 2005 @ 5:11 AM
The Wired contest was my first attempt at making music on the computer, but I’ve been hacking away at a guitar for uhm, oh geez.. almost 20 years now. (shudder).

The contest spurred me to actually work on some things but, it’s kind of the progression from super listener to actually making things. I’ve been listening with an ear towards "how did they do that" for a few years now.

More to come.. I’ve been building some ideas around Lisa’s vocals, and I plan to start doing some things with the raw stuff Brad Sucks is releasing. It’s just a matter of finding the time to actually lay down some things.
cinematrik
permalink   Sat, Feb 19, 2005 @ 6:01 AM
I’ve had a couple things released in some compilations (on nsoul and system3), but nothing real big or anything. I also work for a radio show so I’ve written a couple radio themes and written some music for a couple radio commercials. But that’s about it.

I’m a perfectionist too Dustred, so I hear you! Without deadlines I would never get anything finished :-)