Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Finding tracks to remix

Finding tracks to remix

Tone Matrix
permalink   Fri, May 5, 2006 @ 10:52 AM
Ok maybe I’m missing something, but is there an easier way to find tracks that users are submitting online to be remixed?
Like for example, I love the Fort Minor Remix Contest because you get all the loops and samples in packs.
But say you wanted to remix another user’s song, it doesn’t appear they have sample packs available. So do you just fish for random stuff?
I just think it would be easier if sample packs were used for everything when it comes to remixing others.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
thanks
eric
victor
permalink   Fri, May 5, 2006 @ 11:57 AM
Remixers are encouraged to upload the individual (original) loops and tracks they used but there’s no requirement to do so. The most efficient way to do what you’re asking today is to go to the artist’s page that uploaded a remix that you liked and see if they uploaded sample packs. Sometimes the artist will upload individual tracks in the same record so if you click on the ‘download’ button you’ll see several different options for downloading:

See here: http://ccmixter.org/media/p...

and click on the ‘download’ button for ‘Pangea - Remix’

So to answer your question: yes, it’s random.

The process of uploading and browsing for samples is something that has been discussed at great length in this forum and we are currently working on a semi-major upgrade to the site to address the radmonmess and other issues.

It’s at the top of the priority list for next feature upgrade.

VS
shagrugge
permalink   Fri, May 5, 2006 @ 12:17 PM
For me half the fun in searching for samples is to cut them out of a song, then loop em up filter em, fill em up with air…hmmm am I bytin an emcee?