Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » producer battle !

producer battle !

theforce_78
permalink   Wed, Apr 26, 2006 @ 12:02 AM
mystro
permalink   Thu, Apr 27, 2006 @ 5:38 PM
i’m down for a battle
theforce_78
permalink   Thu, Apr 27, 2006 @ 8:25 PM
theforce_78
permalink   Thu, Apr 27, 2006 @ 8:30 PM
Quote: check my space http://www.myspace.com/orch... beat is tare the roof
shagrugge
permalink   Thu, Apr 27, 2006 @ 9:39 PM
hmmm who wants a battle?
lo tag blanco
permalink   Fri, Apr 28, 2006 @ 3:50 PM
Quote: Quote: check my space http://www.myspace.com/orch... beat is tare the roof

upload it to ccmixter, i can’t touch anything that i don’t have a license for, i’ll get in BIG BIG trouble and possibly be ostracized by the remixing community at large, which is made up by and large of FINE UPSTANDING citizens who all pay their taxes and take out their garbage NOT because it’s been sitting there for over a week and STINKS but because it’s the RIGHT THING TO DO.

que?

upload it

(good beat by the way)
theforce_78
permalink   Fri, Apr 28, 2006 @ 3:59 PM
the beat i am presenting to others for the battle is >tare the roof>
but im NOT asking that the battle be about remixing that track, im asking people to make me listen to a beat THEY did to battle my track.
so i dont think the license problem you had is in fact a problem
you dont need a license to do what im asking
shagrugge
permalink   Sun, Apr 30, 2006 @ 8:57 AM
The producer battles I’ve been to have lacked serious…

the main reason…there’s no picking apart the competition. You listen to my beat then I listen to yours and what?

A battle to me is about folks blastin each other…callin out a cat for mistakes or sloppiness, slicin their style, and makin fun of it, and doing it on the fly.

Breaker battles, DJ battles, emcee battles…they all do it…where the producers at?

Where’s the ‘je ne sais quois’ element?

Where’s the "I see your statement and here’s my rebuttal"…It’s lackin’ for producer battles.
lo tag blanco
permalink   Sun, Apr 30, 2006 @ 9:57 AM
Quote: The producer battles I’ve been to have lacked serious…

the main reason…there’s no picking apart the competition. You listen to my beat then I listen to yours and what?

yeah, this seems very subjective. but if we have to blast each other i lost anyway because i didn’t go to a cool high school where i could learn things like that and even counting that out i am naturally very POLITE and RESTRAINED.

remixfight.org is good for this kind of thing, but they’re very POLITE and RESTRAINED as well, except for future boy who gets really TICKED OFF when you upload a track in which you haven’t lined up the vocal tracks correctly. still you should check it out.
theforce_78
permalink   Sun, Apr 30, 2006 @ 11:05 AM
the first whit 20 votes wins simple and eazzzzzyy peace
shagrugge
permalink   Sun, Apr 30, 2006 @ 1:30 PM
See i don’t even get down with that cuz it’s all about fam votes online…I’ve been on several sites where there are ‘alleged battles’…but really it most often comes down to who has more online buddies. f that noise…and lo tag you’re right, remixfight.org is very polite and restrained…I don’t battle like that either, call it what it is…in a battle you gotta come hard against your opponent or don’t come at all. Otherwise it’s just another mix contest.

Force it’s a good beat but honestly if someone’s seriously battlin’ me…it’s got to get personal IMO but I know that ain’t real kosher on this site so Ima leave it at that. Beat for beat is cool but I have a hard time gettin hyped about it.

Lo tag if you want to check out some battles visit dmcworld.com

http://www.dmcworld.com/cha...

is a listing of DMC heats in the USA…the heats are making the rounds now throughout the US.
victor
permalink   Sun, Apr 30, 2006 @ 2:37 PM
I’ve found remixfight’ers to be open to seriously considered technical criticism.

meanwhile, battling is cool but just a reminder: ad hominem attacks on other ccMixters in either reviews, forum posts or the media content itself will ultimately result in permanant banning from the site.

If you’ve already been personally warned about this then it’s sooner rather later (as in: next infraction).

VS
lo tag blanco
permalink   Sun, Apr 30, 2006 @ 3:38 PM
Quote: Lo tag if you want to check out some battles visit dmcworld.com

http://www.dmcworld.com/cha...

is a listing of DMC heats in the USA…the heats are making the rounds now throughout the US.

cool they’re coming to nyc in june, i may check it out.

how about this - fatman scoop is looking for beats for his next album - tracks submitted to:

hydrosonics: fatman scoop edition
scratch magazine
1115 broadway, 8th floor
new york, ny 10010

if anyone gets selected, they won. pretty simple yeah?
theforce_78
permalink   Mon, May 1, 2006 @ 9:12 AM
thanks for the fat man s info