Songbirds Remix at MixterPlus

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Thu, Mar 7, 2024 @ 9:12 AM

Songbirds Remix Event at MixterPlus

“Your head is a living forest full of songbirds.”
e. e. cummings

Lyrics, lyrics and more lyrics!

Way up In the branches of the MixterPlus remix tree there is a sweet melody calling. Calling for your lyrics, your story, your observations to be put in song–call for words to match the melody. Now, imagine yourself perched upon a branch in that tree, surrounded by fellow avian poets, each harboring a unique melody in their hearts, and a new story to tell. Then listen to the melodies and the words flowing together in song like the swaying of the leaves in the wind. Listen as your words take flight, soaring among the branches, inspiring others to add their own melodies to the chorus.

This is what The Songbirds Remix Event is about…sharing lyrics and pairing them with melodies.

So dip your pen in ink, dig through your old notebooks of scribbled ideas, and share a stanza with us. From the tender ballads of love to the raucous anthems of rebellion, every lyric has a place in our forest of songbirds. Soon the songs of the Songbirds remix event will echo through the digital landscapes, through the canopy of creativity, and the words you share will be the story of collaboration, community and imagination.

Let’s shake some tail feathers together!

WATCH THE LIVESTREAM VIDEO
(for more information about what’s happening in the MixterPlus tree.)

MixterPlus Website

Mr_Yesterday
permalink   Mon, Mar 11, 2024 @ 11:08 PM
OK, that’s good. I couldn’t catch the live stream, so I didn’t get to ask my usual pesky questions. But I’ve watched the whole vid, and still need to know…the RULES:

1) Are upload guidelines for lyrics to MixterPlus the SAME as for recordings?
— Lyrics never used/published anywhere else?
— What about lyrics never released as CC on mixter?

2) Or is there wiggle room?
— What if (c) lyrics are uploaded by the (c) holder, i.e. “with permission”?
— Is the only issue whether group copyright extends to the RECORDING?
— What if lyrics are released on ccM but never reused/recorded/remixed?

3) Or is it important that the LYRICS meet the current regs?
— No AI-generated text
— No text EVER posted under copyright of author on the web?
— No text EVER posted under CC license on the web?

There’s a punchline: the only fully developed lyrics I have ready that meet all the “never yet” criteria include a country-swing number (very tongue-in-cheek)…and there’s not even a genre category. So, not to worry…

But I think the Qs are legit. Please clarify.

permalink   Mr_Yesterday Mon, Mar 11, 2024 @ 11:11 PM
Oh, and with all due respect to e. e., I think my mind is more a maze full of lab mice…

permalink   spinningmerkaba Tue, Mar 12, 2024 @ 9:01 AM
Lately my mind is full of spiders.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Tue, Mar 12, 2024 @ 9:00 AM
Yeah, it is important that the LYRICS meet current regs—like you outlined in your third example.

For me it’s been a good opportunity to edit lyrics that have never been used or anywhere published. It was a cathartic experience to revisit some scribblings and scratches of ideas that haven’t yet come to fruition.

permalink   Mr_Yesterday Tue, Mar 12, 2024 @ 11:52 AM
OK, thanks for that. It was my assumption, but I thought it useful to clarify. There are always some preliminary sketches lying about…
Mr_Yesterday
permalink   Tue, Mar 12, 2024 @ 11:56 AM
Also, has anybody got an answer to the Admiral’s question about an attribution method?

permalink   Apoxode Tue, Mar 12, 2024 @ 3:08 PM
Mr_Yesterday,
The full implementation for that part of it (sourcing, GC, and remix tree) is on the way.
The works uploaded are automatically copyrighted (obviously), but in the meantime, it will just be providing credit and an URL in the remix/collab description.

Kindly,
Apoxode
Speck
permalink   Tue, Mar 26, 2024 @ 7:16 AM
Question - I see all the lyric uploads in the library have titles. I don’t see a place/box/blank on the lyrics upload page for a title. How does that work?
Also - who is Three Ring Engagement by… by? (It’s not indicated in the library listing.)

permalink   Apoxode Tue, Mar 26, 2024 @ 9:22 AM
Speck,

Not sure about the unnamed author, I’m looking into it now.
The title of a lyric is entered in “Short request description” upper right of Upload Lyrics screen.
I’ll look into getting that more clear, maybe add “or just name of lyric.”

Thanks for bringing it to our attention :)
Apoxode

permalink   Apoxode Wed, Mar 27, 2024 @ 11:32 AM
Good news, Speck :)

Title entry has been clarified, and we fixed the mystery artist issue ;)

Apoxode