Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » Saturday Night Music Production Streams

Saturday Night Music Production Streams

jaspertine
permalink   Sun, Dec 10, 2023 @ 8:30 AM
I’ve been uploading these things for a while now, so I figure it’s time I actually explain myself.

So, the long and short of it, as you’ve probably already worked out, I do a livestream on Twitch where I try to produce a track, from scratch, in 2 hours. After the time is up, whatever I’ve made IS the track, warts, mistakes, cut corners, and all.

I call the stream “Let’s Vaporslime” but that name is subject to possible rebranding. (vaporslime is an in-joke with a small group of internet friends)

The final tracks were originally planned to be Patreon rewards, but patreon has been a bit of a bust for me, so I decided the next best thing was to make the tracks and all their stems available here on Mixter for anyone to play with.

Anyway, that’s my story, I’m sticking to it, if you want to catch the streams, they’re 7PM-9PM EST at https://www.twitch.tv/jaspertine

If you can’t catch them live, the VODs will be linked with their respective uploads here on mixter.
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Sun, Dec 10, 2023 @ 12:00 PM
Jaspertine,

I’m a fan of your work, and had a chance to watch an episode recently.
Being as long as they are, I can’t sit through them and *not* want to make music — it’s quite inspirational!
The video I watched had a lot of key moments — highlights if you will — that if the main video was distilled to would make it much more likely to watch all the way.
The biggest takeaway was hearing you say (paraphrased) “Just make music, that’s what it’s all about,” and I think it would make a suitable motto ;)
It’s inspirational to watch someone develop a track from beat to bass to melody.
I’m kind of a monkey myself and watching someone do that makes me want to do that as well lol :D
re: “vaporslime” — in a way, you’re vaportracking, making tracks that aren’t officially released.
When I first heard vaporwave, my takeaway was kind of like that — people remixing 90s tracks that were never released in a chopped & screwed fashion.
Anyway, with my ramblings lol :D

Thank you for what you do, especially sharing your sterling stems :)

Kind regards,
Apoxode

permalink   jaspertine Mon, Dec 11, 2023 @ 2:56 PM
Highlights aren’t really on the table at the moment, but it’s an idea worth keeping in mind for the future.