Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Security Certificate

Security Certificate

Speck
permalink   Sun, Dec 3, 2023 @ 4:47 AM
This is probably already known, but in case it’s not -
Both Brave and Chrome present me with a warning when I try to access ccMixter. Security certificate expired on Dec 1. If I click the go-there-anyway button it opens the site but it’s not functional (player doesn’t play).
Edge gives me the warning but if I click through the warning it does open fully functional.
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Sun, Dec 3, 2023 @ 11:30 AM
Speck,

That’s peculiar, so you get prompted (warned) about a certificate (which has been renewed) but if you accept it anyway, you don’t get a functional player?

This might explain something about why folks are getting the .m3u download option instead of the actual player, in regards to how different browsers load the player in ccMixter. Not just about the certificate part, but how each browser processes the website’s script.

Kind of a detour here, but if a page opens for me without the player, I just refresh it and it loads fine. But if I try to use what shows first, it prompts me about downloading an .m3u file.

This is good info to have, thank you for bringing this to light — I wonder how much longer it will show that message (?)

Kindly,
Apoxode

permalink   Speck Sun, Dec 3, 2023 @ 12:46 PM
“I wonder how much longer it will show that message”

I guess just until sometime earlier this afternoon. It’s all good now.