skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » the forgot-password procedure is broken

the forgot-password procedure is broken

m0°ntan
permalink   Wed, Jul 26, 2023 @ 1:09 PM
Behaviour in Google Chrome 114.0.5735.198:
1. you enter your user name and submit
2. a password reset link is emailed to the corresponding user’s mailbox
3. user follows the link and gets asked to enter a new password and confirm it once more
⚠️ 4. login with the newly set password rejected

5. repeat twice more
⚠️ 6. at step 4 (3rd time): clicking login takes user to the “reset password” page again
7. user does not enter new password, instead reloads login page and successfully logs in

Possible cause for issue at step 4: no verification that password doesn’t contain unsupported characters?!

Possible cause for issue at step 6: unknown!
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Thu, Jul 27, 2023 @ 10:16 AM
Quote: m0°ntanBehaviour in Google Chrome 114.0.5735.198:
1. you enter your user name and submit
2. a password reset link is emailed to the corresponding user’s mailbox
3. user follows the link and gets asked to enter a new password and confirm it once more
⚠️ 4. login with the newly set password rejected

5. repeat twice more
⚠️ 6. at step 4 (3rd time): clicking login takes user to the “reset password” page again
7. user does not enter new password, instead reloads login page and successfully logs in

Possible cause for issue at step 4: no verification that password doesn’t contain unsupported characters?!

Possible cause for issue at step 6: unknown!

Hi mo°ntan,
I’m terribly sorry that you had trouble logging back in recently.
On behalf of the ccMixter community, welcome back :)
On the plus side, you have provided enough information that this issue can be investigated and hopefully solved.
On the down side, the original creator of the website is no longer available to help.
This means we have had to figure out patches and workarounds to solve problems that might otherwise have been quick fixes.
Please don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to make excuses for our troubles.
We have had to deal with a lot of technical glitches in the past year, and it’s no small feat that people are still able to access the website.

I am going to forward your issue getting a password reset to our technical team.
I ask for your patience while we work to resolve the problem.
In the meantime, please feel free to communicate with me either here or privately if you encounter any other issues.
I will do my best to help you, and may ask for further info or clarification.

Please note: there have been issues sending notifications to users regarding forum replies, so you may have to check back here more often than you originally intended.

Kind regards,
Apoxode